Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
(1) The first traffic claim is irrelevant, and supports my claim that no one is searching for domains at Undeveloped, rather - merely landing on the URL for the domain after search for that word in cyberspace (not following any kind of domain search at Undeveloped).

(2) So why aren't they buying anything?
There is still not even one person in the entire world who is not using your landing pages, to come on here and state that he sold a domain at Undeveloped. lol That alone gainsays the significance of your traffic claims. Assuming it's not 'bots, your traffic is in any case not people searching for domains.
You're explicitly and dishonestly ignoring the part where he directly addressed this claim.

"3: 17% of the sales in July (compared to 2% last year July) were not initiated by a buyer that landed directly on one of our for sale pages."

•••
What are you talking about? Head on over to the name sales thread here and there are plenty of reported domains sold via inbound on undeveloped

Those are people using their parked pages! Read and think before you post.

"3: 17% of the sales in July (compared to 2% last year July) were not initiated by a buyer that landed directly on one of our for sale pages."

That statement is pure subterfuge and I rightly ignored it. You were taken in by it, not me. It does not refer to people who have not parked their domains at Undeveloped.

Where is such a person? I have some of the best domains out there and have received not a single inquiry even at Undeveloped, while I sell like gangbusters with the same domains at Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy, DomainAgents, etc.

Last edited:
•••
(1) The first traffic claim is irrelevant, and supports my claim that no one is searching for domains at Undeveloped, rather - merely landing on the URL for the domain after search for that word in cyberspace (not following any kind of domain search at Undeveloped).

(2) So why aren't they buying anything?
There is still not even one person in the entire world who is not using your landing pages, to come on here and state that he sold a domain at Undeveloped. lol That alone gainsays the significance of your traffic claims. Assuming it's not 'bots, your traffic is in any case not people searching for domains.

My dear friend, now you're literally saying "Because I've never seen brown bears, I conclude that brown bears don't exist, otherwise, I would have seen one".

I really don't know what else to say...

•••
Those are people using their parked pages! Read and think before you post.
"...were not initiated by a buyer that landed directly on one of our for sale pages"

How did they get there?

•••
•••
Any one of you here, stop using Undeveloped's (or anyone else's), landing pages, use your own - you will get the exact same traffic, not have to pay Undeveloped (or anyone else) a nickel, and once you stop parking there, will see your inquiries via Undeveloped go down to zero.

Or, just keep believing, and ignore the reality.

Last edited:
•••
Where is such a person? I have some of the best domains out there and have received not a single inquiry even at Undeveloped, while I sell like gangbusters with the same domains at Sedo, Afternic, GoDaddy, DomainAgents, etc.

For the sake of transparency, why don't you share your sales with us? We'd love to see how many names you're actually selling and where.

•••
Any one of you here, stop using Undeveloped's (or anyone else's), parking pages, use your own - you will get the exact same traffic, not have to pay Undeveloped (or anyone else) a nickel, and once you stop parking there, will see your inquiries via Undeveloped go down to zero.

Or, just keep believing, and ignore the reality.
Right on, brother.

Meanwhile, I'm more than happy to pay 5% or 9% for the security and ease of transaction + transfer, coupled with an almost instant payout in a number of different options.

On a platform that continues to iteratively improve with feedback from the community, while maintaining a UX-optimized approach.

To each their own.

Last edited:
•••
For the sake of transparency, why don't you share your sales with us? We'd love to see how many names you're actually selling and where.

As I've posted many times, most of my domain sales are verified and posted at the various domain journals, so if you'd care to monitor them closely you will see my sales fly by regularly.

I never post sales here because people come in and start debating whether I sold the domain too high etc. and then my buyer might see that. It's not professional.

NamePros is a good place to learn and teach about domains in general.

Last edited:
•••
As I've posted many times, most of my domain sales are verified and posted at the various domain journals, so if you'd care to monitor them closely you will see my sales fly by regularly.

I never post sales here because people come in and start debating whether I sold the domain too high etc. and then my buyer might see that. It's not professional.

NamePros is a good place to learn and teach about domains in general.

Sure thing. All talk, no walk. You're likely selling 1 or 2 domains max a month from your portfolio of 1417 domains.

Talk to you again in three months when you resurface this discussion for the fifth time.

•••
Right on, brother.

Meanwhile, I'm more than happy to pay 5% or 9% for the security and ease of transaction + transfer, coupled with an almost instant payout in a number of different options.

On a platform that continues to iteratively improve with feedback from the community, while maintaining a UX-optimized approach.

To each their own.

I respect that, and I think Undeveloped is a worthwhile place for someone who wishes to park domains there. I do not knock it for that.

I just step up to object when anyone tries to say that it is what it is not, which it is not - yet anyway - a place where people go to search for and buy domains that are not parked there.

Last edited:
•••
Only thing I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for on Undeveloped:

1. Uploading custom backgrounds for domains suitable to the domain's category
(A legal background for legal domains, gaming background for gaming domains, etc)

2. A sales/pitch video embedded on the sales pages as seen on brandable marketplaces and huge domains, etc. That'll do a whole lot for earning customer trust/converting.

PS: Undeveloped landers convert just fine/better for me than any other platform. Not everyone wants to or have the time to get involved/communicate with end users and rather streamline the whole sales/transfer process.

I don't see the point in trolling this company/thread telling others not to use it when they're already aware of the alternatives. You can have your domains on Undeveloped, as well as Sedo, Afternic, etc.

Last edited:
•••
I would love undeveloped.com to show up on page 1 of the search keyword: domain marketplace. Currently sedo, godaddy and flippa I think occupy page 1 and 2, haven't found undeveloped.com listed there

•••
I just step up to object when anyone tries to say that it is what it is not, which it is not - yet anyway - a place where people go to search for and buy domains.

And this is why I respond so fiery to your statements. You just keep continuing spreading information that's false. Not only in this thread but also in other threads.

Please do keep sharing your feedback and opinion, but clearly start stating that the information you share is your opinion only and assumptions.

You have the tendency to say things as if they're absolute truths, while they are not. That's what keeps bothering me as I don't want misinformation about Undeveloped to spread.

Can we at least agree to that? Simply add a disclaimer to your posts and stop making up your own data and or information about Undeveloped.

•••
How about if you send someone over here to post and say that, hey, I have never parked at Undeveloped, all I did was list my domains in their search engines, and I have been selling domains at Undeveloped. That would be data.

My data remains valid, which is that the exact same domains listed in search engines at Sedo, Afternic and DomainAgents are getting daily inquiries and nearly weekly sales, while zero coming from Undeveloped.

•••
Undeveloped is very suitable when enduser (or another domainer) is able to pay in BTC.

•••
Did you pass BBB criteria?
If Yes - please put BBB logo on your page.

•••
Can you show us proof that you're getting weekly inquiries for the same domains listed on sedo & undeveloped?

The burden of proof is with you here.

•••
How about if you send someone over here to post and say that, hey, I have never parked at Undeveloped, all I did was list my domains in their search engines, and I have been selling domains at Undeveloped. That would be data.

My data remains valid, which is that the exact same domains listed in search engines at Sedo, Afternic and DomainAgents are getting daily inquiries and nearly weekly sales, while zero coming from Undeveloped.
What a strange requisition.. As though he's required to sort through completed transactions and demand something (a forum post) of a customer.

•••
Undeveloped knows that most all of my domains are listed with them. And if you care to follow the journals, you will see my regular documented sales. Where are these sales coming from? Not from Undeveloped.

Anyway, like I said, if you want to use their landing pages go ahead, but if you do not use their landing pages, let us know if you sell anything.

I assume people read and look at this forum (top 50K or so, in Alexa), and for months now I have asked for a single person to come on NamePros and post that hey, I do not use Undeveloped's landing pages and yet I sold a domain there, and no one has come forward.

Last edited:
•••
I got 2 hits on one of my domain names listed at undeveloped but not using their nameservers. So personally, i believe undeveloped do get searched and its not fair to say they do not.

•••
On the flip side, I have 0 hits on afternic for my domains whilst on undeveloped which is parked, I am at least getting some traffic

•••
Traffic based on parked is coming from your domain, you'd get the same if you had your own landing page for that domain.

<<I got 2 hits on one of my domain names>> Two hits, that could be 'bots and anyway:

I assume people read and look at this forum (top 50K or so, in Alexa), and for months now I have asked for a single person to come on NamePros and post that hey, I do not use Undeveloped's landing pages and yet I sold a domain there, and no one has come forward.

Sales, sales! Any sales?

•••
•••
Traffic based on parked is coming from your domain, you'd get the same if you had your own landing page for that domain.

<<I got 2 hits on one of my domain names>> Two hits, that could be 'bots and anyway:

Sales, sales! Any sales?
If you say it could be bots, that means bots can actually search through domain names on a marketplace which means bots are also searching through domains at sedo,godaddy, domainagents etc

I actually believe this search i saw is far from being a bot.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back