IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi CD,

The buyer will receive close to instantly a confirmation email. I'd advice to import yourself as lead as a test to see the exact content of the emails.

Take care,
Reza
Very clean.

I'll echo the recommendation that anyone who presently uses the platform should try it. Even though it's very simple and straightforward, it will familiarize you with the process and reduce any potential friction.

Really fond of this feature (and associated reduction in transaction fees).

On another note - have you given any consideration to formatting in chat windows?

•••
•••
@Reza @Undeveloped Is there a reason that we cannot put a link into the description on each of the landing pages? I think if we could do that with a simple formatting option or even something like we have here on NP you could revolutionize this business! I want everybody to think about it and consider what significant advantages that would have for selling domain names, and pushing our asking / selling prices up significantly and post your thoughts and comments here.

•••
My question to the Gentlemen in Undeveloped.com.. is there any coming feature to add a function on seller dashboard to allow for any 3d party ads such as Adsense ? also is there monthly or yearly sales reports available ? Thanks for your great efforts ,,

•••
Very clean.

I'll echo the recommendation that anyone who presently uses the platform should try it. Even though it's very simple and straightforward, it will familiarize you with the process and reduce any potential friction.

Really fond of this feature (and associated reduction in transaction fees).

On another note - have you given any consideration to formatting in chat windows?

Thanks for the feedback Joshua!

Better formatting is coming soon. It's on the short-term product roadmap.

•••
@Reza @Undeveloped Is there a reason that we cannot put a link into the description on each of the landing pages? I think if we could do that with a simple formatting option or even something like we have here on NP you could revolutionize this business! I want everybody to think about it and consider what significant advantages that would have for selling domain names, and pushing our asking / selling prices up significantly and post your thoughts and comments here.

Hi iMan,

You can add a link but due to security reasons, we don't allow extensive formatting in that section. That's the reason why we didn't allow rich formatting from day one. Soon we'll introduce text styling options in that section so you can format and display your content better.

Kind regards,

Reza

•••
Hi All,

I have a high impact improvement to share with you!

This morning we've launched a big revamp of one of our most successful features (Installments).

From now on you can:

1: Select the maximum accepted installment terms (Minimum is 2 installments, maximum has been increased to 24).

2: Per domain in your portfolio select how many installments should be available

3: Offer 2-6 month installments for domains priced under $990

For our Pro users, please note that we've changed the logic for which terms are accepted:

1: For domains that are priced Below $495 no installments will be available
2: For domains priced between $495 - $990 the max is set at 6 installments
3: For domains priced between $991 - $2989 the max is set at 12 installments
4: For domains priced at or above $2990 the max is set at 24 installments

Note: if you need to set-up a transaction at a high price and require more installments, contact our team. We can always make exceptions.

The new improvement should you to further improve your cash-flow (you'll see shorter term installment purchases) and portfolio liquidity.

Take care,

Reza

•••
Thanks Reza @Undeveloped

May be we should change that 12 months in the description.

upload_2018-7-2_19-23-17.png

•••
5% for escrow service is too much, maximum it must be 3%, to be little bit competitive.

•••
5% for escrow service is too much, maximum it must be 3%, to be little bit competitive.

Not if you look at the escrow service we provide. At 5%, some transactions today are already not profitable for us. We accept payments in multiple currencies (exchange fees occur), almost all payment sources in the world (some including Paypal alone cost us 3% commission) and so on. We also take care of the payout fees (at Paypal for example), which causes 5% transactions to often become unprofitable.

So even though I understand your reasoning, not every escrow service is the same. At Undeveloped we designed our Escrow service in a way where we take away every barrier we can find. So we'd rather pay a higher commission and enable a new payment source than further discounting on escrow and forcing buyers to use bank wires only like others do that offer those commission rates.

Last edited:
•••
•••
You are missing my questions :)

•••
You are missing my questions :)

Sorry about that. Indeed missed it :).

We currently have a Beta program running that's relevant to your question. We're currently testing a Hybrid for sale page (https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/cryptohandcash.com) that includes an affiliate product feed.

We're considering rolling out this feature later down the road, while allowing you the seller, to integrate your preferred parking provider. You'll then get to keep 100% of the ad-income without sharing any of the revenue with us. But before we can do this, we need to work with the existing parking companies and get their co-operation to do this and that's going to be the delaying factor.

Even though we're now experimenting with the model described above, PPC income used to be great but it isn't anymore. We started offering pure sales focused for sale pages as the first company in the industry because we discovered we all are cannibalizing on our own revenue by having PPC ads on our domains instead of a clear and conversion focused for sale page.

On average (typo portfolio's excluded), 90% of the total revenue you make is from sales. So hurting that source of income just to make some additional peanuts with PPC on the side isn't a long-term viable strategy. Of course, there are exceptions and we do realize that. If you have a domain that's bringing in serious money via PPC, the model can still work but that's not the norm anymore.

With the rise of Ad-blockers and the devaluation of advertising on parked names, the downtrend will only continue. Next, to that, PPC pages also are blocked from getting indexed in Google so that hurts your sales as well.

We're planning to publish some pre-approved sales at the end of the year but we can only mention the sales for which we have explicit approval. In Q1 of 2018, we started sharing our top sales but got so much pushback from our sellers that we stopped doing that. In terms of sales volume, Undeveloped sees a +100% increase in sales volume per quarter in 2018. The market at Undeveloped is increasingly getting more liquid and the efforts from our end to drive that liquidity is working out well. We're now looking into how we can generalize that data and information so we can share it via our blog so you guys can spot trends etc.

•••
Hi iMan,

You can add a link but due to security reasons, we don't allow extensive formatting in that section. That's the reason why we didn't allow rich formatting from day one. Soon we'll introduce text styling options in that section so you can format and display your content better.

Kind regards,

Reza

Hi @Reza,

Thank you for the quick response! I had formatted a link to another domain listed @Undeveloped on one of the pages where the text description using word (with link) and also just tried typing in https://www.domainname.com and it just renders as text. Any chance you can tell me how to properly format the link to get it to work?

Thank you,
Iman

•••
Sorry about that. Indeed missed it :).

We currently have a Beta program running that's relevant to your question. We're currently testing a Hybrid for sale page (https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/cryptohandcash.com) that includes an affiliate product feed.

We're considering rolling out this feature later down the road, while allowing you the seller, to integrate your preferred parking provider. You'll then get to keep 100% of the ad-income without sharing any of the revenue with us. But before we can do this, we need to work with the existing parking companies and get their co-operation to do this and that's going to be the delaying factor.

Even though we're now experimenting with the model described above, PPC income used to be great but it isn't anymore. We started offering pure sales focused for sale pages as the first company in the industry because we discovered we all are cannibalizing on our own revenue by having PPC ads on our domains instead of a clear and conversion focused for sale page.

On average (typo portfolio's excluded), 90% of the total revenue you make is from sales. So hurting that source of income just to make some additional peanuts with PPC on the side isn't a long-term viable strategy. Of course, there are exceptions and we do realize that. If you have a domain that's bringing in serious money via PPC, the model can still work but that's not the norm anymore.

With the rise of Ad-blockers and the devaluation of advertising on parked names, the downtrend will only continue. Next, to that, PPC pages also are blocked from getting indexed in Google so that hurts your sales as well.

We're planning to publish some pre-approved sales at the end of the year but we can only mention the sales for which we have explicit approval. In Q1 of 2018, we started sharing our top sales but got so much pushback from our sellers that we stopped doing that. In terms of sales volume, Undeveloped sees a +100% increase in sales volume per quarter in 2018. The market at Undeveloped is increasingly getting more liquid and the efforts from our end to drive that liquidity is working out well. We're now looking into how we can generalize that data and information so we can share it via our blog so you guys can spot trends etc.

Thanks for the informative reply .. I really appreciate it .. you convinced me :)

•••
Hi @Reza,

Thank you for the quick response! I had formatted a link to another domain listed @Undeveloped on one of the pages where the text description using word (with link) and also just tried typing in https://www.domainname.com and it just renders as text. Any chance you can tell me how to properly format the link to get it to work?

Thank you,
Iman

Hi Iman,

That's prevented. So we don't allow any hyperlinks, redirects etc as users can abuse that.

In your settings, you can enable showing other domains from your portfolio on your lander. Maybe that helps?

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
@Undeveloped Is it possible bulk search/filter domains for reviewing and editing their settings in, uh, bulk ;)

•••
@Undeveloped Is it possible bulk search/filter domains for reviewing and editing their settings in, uh, bulk ;)

Hi Anant,

There are three popular ways to bulk editing:

1: Per file. You can use a CSV or XLS to bulk edit prices for a group of domains via the Bulk Importer tool.

2: Per search. Search every domain you want to perform a bulk edit for and click on the checkmark. When you continue searching the portfolio bulk edit tool remembers your checked domains so you can keep searching for other domains and add them to the pool of domains that need an edit.

3: Select all your domains and bulk change the BIN's or Starting Offers in one go directly from your portfolio.

In terms of filter, you can use the filters next to the search bar in your portfolio to filter based on the state or TLD.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
@Undeveloped is there any API integration available on Undeveloped, or any other way to integrate shop checkout on our domain store, without confusing visitors and redirecting them to some external page?
That would be awesome if we could integrate Undeveloped to our checkout process. Since Undeveloped is providing complete service, we wouldn't need any payment gateways, escrow etc.
Thanks!

•••
Hi Anant,

There are three popular ways to bulk editing:

1: Per file. You can use a CSV or XLS to bulk edit prices for a group of domains via the Bulk Importer tool.

2: Per search. Search every domain you want to perform a bulk edit for and click on the checkmark. When you continue searching the portfolio bulk edit tool remembers your checked domains so you can keep searching for other domains and add them to the pool of domains that need an edit.

3: Select all your domains and bulk change the BIN's or Starting Offers in one go directly from your portfolio.

In terms of filter, you can use the filters next to the search bar in your portfolio to filter based on the state or TLD.

Kind regards,
Reza
Hi Reza,

1. I'm not looking to edit prices specifically. Say I want to edit installment status (or simply view the current settings of a group of domains with domain count > 20-30) or I want to view what is their traffic or how many leads have been received for those domains. Example for the last case: I want to use leads as a factor in determining if I should renew or let expire a soon to expiring domain name or I want to check which of the domains in a given list are already pointed to Undeveloped and which are not so I can fix that and so on.

2. For so many domains, individual search is not practical.
3. I don't want to modify every single domain in my portfolio but only change a smaller set (subset) of my portfolio.

•••
Hi Reza,

1. I'm not looking to edit prices specifically. Say I want to edit installment status (or simply view the current settings of a group of domains with domain count > 20-30) or I want to view what is their traffic or how many leads have been received for those domains. Example for the last case: I want to use leads as a factor in determining if I should renew or let expire a soon to expiring domain name or I want to check which of the domains in a given list are already pointed to Undeveloped and which are not so I can fix that and so on.

2. For so many domains, individual search is not practical.
3. I don't want to modify every single domain in my portfolio but only change a smaller set (subset) of my portfolio.

Hi Anant,

Do you have time for a quick Skype? I'd like to learn more about the actual process that you have on a daily basis for which this would be helpful so we can learn more about the core problem you're facing.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
@Undeveloped is there any API integration available on Undeveloped, or any other way to integrate shop checkout on our domain store, without confusing visitors and redirecting them to some external page?
That would be awesome if we could integrate Undeveloped to our checkout process. Since Undeveloped is providing complete service, we wouldn't need any payment gateways, escrow etc.
Thanks!

Hi Talking.Domains,

We do have an API for managing your portfolio with us but not for the checkout/escrow part. What we do tolerate is for you to use our branding on your domain store to already inform buyers that Undeveloped handles the escrow for you.

You can then easily create links directly to the first step of checkout on your for sale pages hosted by Undeveloped. So when someone clicks on Buy Now in your domain store, they're directly forwarded to the checkout page to complete their purchase via Undeveloped. Let me know help if you need support with the URL structures that you can implement.

Hope that helps,

Reza

•••
For the first time in 2yrs, i have a natural search visit on one of my domains listed on undeveloped but not using there nameservers.

Seems undeveloped is improving in that aspect, or maybe someone want to buy my name from there. Maybe

Last edited:
•••
Very pleased with @Undeveloped this is my third sale there, moved around 500 domains to their landers in November 2017. Super kudos to @Nat Hunt for the original referral.

One disappointing issue - timing. Current deal the buyer paid Friday 2PM Eastern and so we sit and wait out the weekend : bummer :

Is the buyer made aware of the operating hours? This buyer paid within minutes of my acceptance of offer, so it would be super if there was a way to streamline the push and transfer or at least inform the buyer of the expected timeline.

•••
Very pleased with @Undeveloped this is my third sale there, moved around 500 domains to their landers in November 2017. Super kudos to @Nat Hunt for the original referral.

One disappointing issue - timing. Current deal the buyer paid Friday 2PM Eastern and so we sit and wait out the weekend : bummer :

Is the buyer made aware of the operating hours? This buyer paid within minutes of my acceptance of offer, so it would be super if there was a way to streamline the push and transfer or at least inform the buyer of the expected timeline.

Congrats! Buyers are all informed that we send them the transfer instructions within 24 hours on business days. We also keep track of the tickets in the weekend and help out buyers that are either in the middle of a purchase or require priority support. Later down the road, we'll offer support in the weekend as well but we simply don't have enough tickets to process to justify for the additional expenses that will incur.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back