Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's better to don't ovethink these instances,
i had similar issues at uniregistry and afternic,
one crazy one was a an offer that was the "Buy it now" price, of course it never closed and does not make any sense
it is frustrating only if you focus on these as real prospects,
i really think these instances are just someone fooling around, because they cant afford the domain period

I took it serious when I first saw three offers. Then I saw all ID’s(different names) had same ip. For sure I believe someone is messing with me and others. That person or ID’s should be banned. Should be a way cull them out before hand.

•••
I took it serious when I first saw three offers. Then I saw all ID’s(different names) had same ip. For sure I believe someone is messing with me and others. That person or ID’s should be banned. Should be a way cull them out before hand.

I agree. Banhammer.

•••

Simon took care of it and deleted the guy’s account.

•••
•••
I have a question re a situation that I am sure I am not alone in. Is there a way to temporarily "turn off" your Undeveloped portfolio so that it does not show up, without needing to delete and add domain names. I ask for situations like knowing that major health issues or a trip to somewhere in wild without Internet will make it hard to respond in appropriate time scale to any possible queries or purchases. I know ideally someone else would be left in charge in those cases, but that is not always possible. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Met Bob,

What you could do is remove all your buy now prices and collect leads for the period you're without internet. When you get back you can then at least entertain the offers you've received and close some additional sales instead of losing them.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
When making an offer, or counter offer, if you put a comma in there it doesn't recognize it & won't let you post it. It doesn't tell you this is the reason it won't accept your offer. While I figured it out, I could see a potential buyer getting confused or frustrated and just exiting. Is there any way to make it so commas are recognized in the offer section? So it will accept a $5,000 offer whether it's written as "5,000" or "5000". Or at the very least, saying it won't let you post because there's a comma. Hopefully that makes sense.

Hi Matt,

This makes a lot of sense. We do notify the buyer when they add a comma or dot that they need to enter a valid number but we could explore to see if we can automatically delete the commas. Once problem that might arise then is that buyers try to place an offer of $99,95 for example. So $99 dollars and $0,95 cents. If we automatically erase the comma the offer becomes $9995. So I think that's why our product team didn't implement it that way.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Hi guys, great thread. A few weeks ago I loaded around one hundred domains to try the company out. A couple of days ago I got an offer for a domain. I have it listed as buy now $2400 or make offer. First offer was a little over $100. Before I checked my domains to see the offer, there were two more offers $300 and $2200. When I checked the icons for the people making the offer, it seems they all have the same type of derogatory names from the same country and IP address. It didn’t reply and last night I declined the two lower offers. This morning when I checked, another ID with the same type of derogatory name made an offer of over $16000....$16K+. I assume they just want me to click accept offer so they can tie up my domain. If they really wanted the domain they would just click buy now for $2400. Any thoughts appreciated.

Yeah, this is annoying. When you observe this, please send us a message via support mentioning the domain. If we observe it's the same buyer we'll ban their IP.

Having said this, do note that some specific domains, especially ones that you buy from expiry auctions will attract former users of the site that was active on the domain. These users don't bother to read and will place offers while thinking/assuming they're interacting with the former website.

•••
@Undeveloped Can you please address the concerns with false buyers tieing up a name by offering to purchase a domain but never completing the payment? Also, support response times seem to have increased significantly. Where it used to be typically a max of 24 hours, it's now several days, sometimes with no response until a follow up is made.

•••
I still have too many non-payers. Once again, this is not specific to Undeveloped, but it is bloody annoying.

It would be nice if some kind of added buyer certification could be implemented.

•••
@Undeveloped Can you please address the concerns with false buyers tieing up a name by offering to purchase a domain but never completing the payment? Also, support response times seem to have increased significantly. Where it used to be typically a max of 24 hours, it's now several days, sometimes with no response until a follow up is made.

Hi Anant,

We don't see a platform-wide issue. If you have issues with a specific domain where a buyer keeps submitting fake leads, inform us and we'll ban the IP of that buyer.

Via our support channel, I'm not aware of any delays like that. I am aware of decreasing response time for transactions that stay in the agreement reached section due to an abnormal increase in transactions, however, we've hired new staff to tackle that so you'll see much better response time there.

False buyers in almost all cases are ignorant buyers that have no idea they're buying a domain. We've changed the process already, after 3 days your account manager will call the buyer actively to see why they haven't paid yet and update the seller. We're also working on changing the payment reminder flow and will send the reminders in a shorter period of time. All this should help cleaning up fake leads faster so we can relist earlier.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
I still have too many non-payers. Once again, this is not specific to Undeveloped, but it is bloody annoying.

It would be nice if some kind of added buyer certification could be implemented.

As mentioned above, our team will notice these transactions faster and clean up fake leads earlier. You might have already noticed this improvement this week.

Meanwhile, I do agree it's annoying to have fake leads and this is on our horizon. We have plans to introduce verified buyers but that won't fully solve the problem at hand. It's mostly a context issue as people don't care to read anymore it seems or they simply don't understand what they're doing. The number of support requests we get regarding items that have nothing to do with domains is also unreal.

Making the purchase flow harder will result in less fake leads but also more legit leads will go through. That's why we're now focussing on making the process better to identify fake leads faster and relisting faster, while we work on product improvements on this front.

•••
Hi Anant,

We don't see a platform-wide issue. If you have issues with a specific domain where a buyer keeps submitting fake leads, inform us and we'll ban the IP of that buyer.

Via our support channel, I'm not aware of any delays like that. I am aware of decreasing response time for transactions that stay in the agreement reached section due to an abnormal increase in transactions, however, we've hired new staff to tackle that so you'll see much better response time there.

False buyers in almost all cases are ignorant buyers that have no idea they're buying a domain. We've changed the process already, after 3 days your account manager will call the buyer actively to see why they haven't paid yet and update the seller. We're also working on changing the payment reminder flow and will send the reminders in a shorter period of time. All this should help cleaning up fake leads faster so we can relist earlier.

Kind regards,
Reza
This sounds good. For the support channel, I did mean the transaction response that you've addressed in para 2 above. Thank you

•••
This sounds good. For the support channel, I did mean the transaction response that you've addressed in para 2 above. Thank you

Another idea we're playing around with is to introduce automated cancelations. So as a seller you could set for example that after 10 days the transaction should be canceled and the buyer informed that they didn't pay in time.

We haven't thought of a bulletproof process yet but that could make improve the process and prevent domains being off the market for too long.

One big issue with this model we found though is that we have daily buyers that need to get approval from their finance department before the payment is sent. And when we automatically cancel transactions after x days this could lead into premature cancelation of legitimate transactions that simply need more time.

So the dilemma is how automated do we want this process to become? We think fully automating this process will result in loss of revenue for our sellers so, for now, our account managers will be actively chasing them for you.

•••
Hi CD,

We've implemented some changes before to solve this problem by making the font size smaller for long domains. However, we can't decrease the font size too much as the domain will become unreadable at some point. If you have a long domain in all capital, it also helps to downcase the uppercases to make the domain fit the screen.

Kind regards,
Reza

Maybe the price/offer box could be moved down slightly on the longer-tail domains, so that the domain can span all the way without being broken up. Probably easier said than done.

Other than that, great service all around. By far, the fastest payouts.

•••
I just sold my first domain via Undeveloped today, amount is in the escrow and I'm waiting to be contacted for domain transfer.
Flawless experience on Undeveloped so far!

•••
Sold my fifth domain with Undeveloped. Pretty good experience so far. One thing I would like to suggest - when an offer comes to seller currently there is option to accept the offer, counter the offer and reject the offer. No way to send a message to buyer without counter offer. it would be great if we could have "Send a message" option before countering buyer's offer.

•••
One big issue with this model we found though is that we have daily buyers that need to get approval from their finance department before the payment is sent. And when we automatically cancel transactions after x days this could lead into premature cancelation of legitimate transactions that simply need more time.

So the dilemma is how automated do we want this process to become? We think fully automating this process will result in loss of revenue for our sellers so, for now, our account managers will be actively chasing them for you.

Perhaps instead of counting from the offer acceptance, count from last contact by the buyer? In most cases, fraudulent buyers will not respond (at least that's what happened to my txns). Of course, if someone is reaching out to the buyers manually or if they have said they need x days to sort out the payment, there should be away for your team to input this in to the txn details manually so that the auto cancelation is not triggered incorrectly.

•••
Still reading through some of the older remarks, but has anyone moved from Sedo or Afternic to Undeveloped and been more satisfied?

I'm running a smaller portfolio of about 60-70 domains. I've never had a single offer on Sedo or Afternic and that honestly goes back years when I used to own several hundred domains. I don't spend much (almost any) time in tweaking landing pages, etc.

•••
Here's my question. I recently bought a domain the day it dropped. I parked it at Undeveloped and went to add the domain to my portfolio. The domain is already listed in another individuals portfolio so your system will not allow me to add the domain.

How am I supposed to add the domain to my portfolio if it's still listed under the previous owners portfolio?

•••
Here's my question. I recently bought a domain the day it dropped. I parked it at Undeveloped and went to add the domain to my portfolio. The domain is already listed in another individuals portfolio so your system will not allow me to add the domain.

How am I supposed to add the domain to my portfolio if it's still listed under the previous owners portfolio?

You contact Undeveloped and they'll do it for you.

•••
Strange enough I never had that problem before. Do I need to call them or will an e-mail suffice?

•••
Strange enough I never had that problem before. Do I need to call them or will an e-mail suffice?

Email works fine. I just had to do it recently.

•••
Awesome, thank you for your help!

•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back