Dynadot

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The white domain color on sale page is blend into background. If I haven’t visited any undeveloped domain page for a while, it’s a little bit hard to locate the domain. Took me like 3sec to find where the domain is. Kind of confusing. Could we enable the green color to the domain to make it pop out?

Hi Bluemeteor,

Thank you for the feedback! Can you please share a screenshot with us of the section you're referring to? I'm not aware of this issue but would love to review it.

Thank you,
Reza

•••
Is there anyway to get the domain name to fit the page a little better? for my long tail domains they end up looking like.

ThisDomainIsTooLarge
ForThisPage.c
om

Hi CD,

We've implemented some changes before to solve this problem by making the font size smaller for long domains. However, we can't decrease the font size too much as the domain will become unreadable at some point. If you have a long domain in all capital, it also helps to downcase the uppercases to make the domain fit the screen.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
Hi Bluemeteor,

Thank you for the feedback! Can you please share a screenshot with us of the section you're referring to? I'm not aware of this issue but would love to review it.

Thank you,
Reza
Sorry for the confusion. It’s a ux design thing not latency.

You see the domain color is white, as well as those two lines of words surrounding it, as well as more than half of space. And white color has no saturation.

So when we open the landing page, our eyes consciously Ignore all white color and focus on the satuarate color element (like the avatar and undeveloped logo). Then when we realize we are here to see the domain, where is domain, the we star to search the domain with more mental energy. That’s what took more time to see the domain. It’s a design issue.

•••
Hi JudgeMind,

I'd rather see one of our sellers respond to your questions but I think this recent blog post from our Product Director might give you some insights about why our for sale pages help you sell more domains:

http://blog.undeveloped.com/english/a-neat-shop-window-for-your-domain-names

This blog post which is a tad outdated might give you some insights about why buyers love buying names through our marketplace:

http://blog.undeveloped.com/english/buy-domains-transparently

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,
Reza

Hi raza the above given links are not working

•••
How long does it take for everything to sync? I added my domains a couple of days ago and some are showing like they have 0 traffic on the overview but if I click on them its shows that they do have visits. I though it would have updated and synced after 24 hrs but I guess not

•••
Is it just me or is there no extended search function at undeveloped.com?

I would like to exclude numbers, hyphens and IDNs when I search. It would also be great if you could filter according to whether installment payments are available.

•••
@Undeveloped Why don't you offer multiple time frame installment plan option like 3 months / 6 months in line with current 12 months option? Did you think about it before and skip for any reason?

Also can you please let us know what percentage of current buyers have completed full 12 months due payment and received domain from Undeveloped Escrow and what percentage of buyers failed to make monthly payments leading to a domain sale cancellation. Don't need to be exact numbers just a rough idea will be good.

I'm curious to know because I am rethinking if offering 12 months installment plan option to buyer is viable or not. 12 month is a long time. As most people buy domain names impulsively I am assuming many buyer do not complete 12 months payment plan. If however duration was shorter like 3 months/ 6 months things could be different.

•••
@Undeveloped , Feeling good about your platform.

My question is, do you issue any sales reports? weekly, monthly, anything?

thanks

•••
•••
•••
Sorry for the confusion. It’s a ux design thing not latency.

You see the domain color is white, as well as those two lines of words surrounding it, as well as more than half of space. And white color has no saturation.

So when we open the landing page, our eyes consciously Ignore all white color and focus on the satuarate color element (like the avatar and undeveloped logo). Then when we realize we are here to see the domain, where is domain, the we star to search the domain with more mental energy. That’s what took more time to see the domain. It’s a design issue.

I think I now understand what you're referring to. Do refer to the color of the font of the domain when you've added a background?

•••
@Undeveloped Why don't you offer multiple time frame installment plan option like 3 months / 6 months in line with current 12 months option? Did you think about it before and skip for any reason?

Also can you please let us know what percentage of current buyers have completed full 12 months due payment and received domain from Undeveloped Escrow and what percentage of buyers failed to make monthly payments leading to a domain sale cancellation. Don't need to be exact numbers just a rough idea will be good.

I'm curious to know because I am rethinking if offering 12 months installment plan option to buyer is viable or not. 12 month is a long time. As most people buy domain names impulsively I am assuming many buyer do not complete 12 months payment plan. If however duration was shorter like 3 months/ 6 months things could be different.

That's launching soon! At the moment the process isn't 100% automated so we chose for 12 months as the standard option. Soon the entire process is automated so the buyer/seller can then select the exact timeframe they prefer.

Less than 5% of all installment transactions lead to cancelation. When canceled you keep the received payments and the domain. Interesting observation by the way: 40% pay off the entire purchase price before 6 months on their own request. It kind of makes sense since they get very attached to the brand as they develop it so they want to get full ownership earlier.

Regarding the shorter duration. We tested 3 & 6-month payment plans and they converted much less. We expect when we allow 24-month payment plans to even further increase the sale ratio. And that again also makes sense, the more affordable your domains get's, the broader audience we can serve.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
•••
Is it just me or is there no extended search function at undeveloped.com?

I would like to exclude numbers, hyphens and IDNs when I search. It would also be great if you could filter according to whether installment payments are available.

It's on our to-do. We did implement some algorithm changes a month ago which made the results convert better. Next improvements there include the ones you mention and the addition of being able to filter more extensively as we also are going to add new models like Renting/Leasing very shortly.

We keep iterating and improving ;)

•••
How long does it take for everything to sync? I added my domains a couple of days ago and some are showing like they have 0 traffic on the overview but if I click on them its shows that they do have visits. I though it would have updated and synced after 24 hrs but I guess not

This sounds like a bug. The stats in dashboard refresh daily and on the domain page it's realtime. Can you please send us some details about this issue here: [email protected] so we can give it a closer look?

Thank you!

•••
•••
@Undeveloped Thanks for adding installments on/off option!
Maybe this option will look better after the columns with prices?
upload_2018-4-26_0-18-37.png

or
upload_2018-4-26_0-19-30.png

•••
I have a question re a situation that I am sure I am not alone in. Is there a way to temporarily "turn off" your Undeveloped portfolio so that it does not show up, without needing to delete and add domain names. I ask for situations like knowing that major health issues or a trip to somewhere in wild without Internet will make it hard to respond in appropriate time scale to any possible queries or purchases. I know ideally someone else would be left in charge in those cases, but that is not always possible. Thanks for any advice.

•••
When making an offer, or counter offer, if you put a comma in there it doesn't recognize it & won't let you post it. It doesn't tell you this is the reason it won't accept your offer. While I figured it out, I could see a potential buyer getting confused or frustrated and just exiting. Is there any way to make it so commas are recognized in the offer section? So it will accept a $5,000 offer whether it's written as "5,000" or "5000". Or at the very least, saying it won't let you post because there's a comma. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys, great thread. A few weeks ago I loaded around one hundred domains to try the company out. A couple of days ago I got an offer for a domain. I have it listed as buy now $2400 or make offer. First offer was a little over $100. Before I checked my domains to see the offer, there were two more offers $300 and $2200. When I checked the icons for the people making the offer, it seems they all have the same type of derogatory names from the same country and IP address. It didn’t reply and last night I declined the two lower offers. This morning when I checked, another ID with the same type of derogatory name made an offer of over $16000....$16K+. I assume they just want me to click accept offer so they can tie up my domain. If they really wanted the domain they would just click buy now for $2400. Any thoughts appreciated.

•••
Hi guys, great thread. A few weeks ago I loaded around one hundred domains to try the company out. A couple of days ago I got an offer for a domain. I have it listed as buy now $2400 or make offer. First offer was a little over $100. Before I checked my domains to see the offer, there were two more offers $300 and $2200. When I checked the icons for the people making the offer, it seems they all have the same type of derogatory names from the same country and IP address. It didn’t reply and last night I declined the two lower offers. This morning when I checked, another ID with the same type of derogatory name made an offer of over $16000....$16K+. I assume they just want me to click accept offer so they can tie up my domain. If they really wanted the domain they would just click buy now for $2400. Any thoughts appreciated.
That's a serious issue. Tie down your domain for what?

•••
That's a serious issue. Tie down your domain for what?

I've seen posters say while you're in the process of a possible transaction, your domain is off of the market. Just wondering if others have had similar experience. Obviously if all the ID's are the same person and their $16K offer they made with my buy now at $2400...they are not serious, so I'm treating them that way. For whatever reason they really want me to accept their offer...any offer.

•••
I've seen posters say while you're in the process of a possible transaction, your domain is off of the market. Just wondering if others have had similar experience. Obviously if all the ID's are the same person and their $16K offer they made with my buy now at $2400...they are not serious, so I'm treating them that way. For whatever reason they really want me to accept their offer...any offer.

I literally had this problem going on right now and recently on another domain. The earlier case, the domain was locked out from the marketplace (pending sale) for over a month. This is potentially an issue and there should be some way for us to cancel the sale ourselves instead of having to reach out to support each time. Maybe an offer acceptance lasts only for a set period of time after which the seller can cancel the transaction if the buyer has not communicated back or paid

•••
I literally had this problem going on right now and recently on another domain. The earlier case, the domain was locked out from the marketplace (pending sale) for over a month. This is potentially an issue and there should be some way for us to cancel the sale ourselves instead of having to reach out to support each time. Maybe an offer acceptance lasts only for a set period of time after which the seller can cancel the transaction if the buyer has not communicated back or paid

Happened to me as well.

•••

Wow thanks. That’s exactly what I thought might happen. I don’t really know what the incentive is for the potential buyer/non buyer to tie the domain up? I wasn’t positive that was what was happening until they offered me $16K when I had $2400 buy now. It’s like they figured I couldn’t resist that much money and click accept.

•••
Wow thanks. That’s exactly what I thought might happen. I don’t really know what the incentive is for the potential buyer/non buyer to tie the domain up? I wasn’t positive that was what was happening until they offered me $16K when I had $2400 buy now. It’s like they figured I couldn’t resist that much money and click accept.

it's better to don't ovethink these instances,
i had similar issues at uniregistry and afternic,
one crazy one was a an offer that was the "Buy it now" price, of course it never closed and does not make any sense
it is frustrating only if you focus on these as real prospects,
i really think these instances are just someone fooling around, because they cant afford the domain period

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back