IT.COM

Undeveloped.com Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used undeveloped.com to sell domains? They claim to be able to increase a domainers sales by 54%.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's not really an answer to my question but ok, cheers for the feedback.

its bodis

just give me one single url tempplate redirect for all domains and all extensions and your torture and mine and other people with this problem will end right here. you appear like someone who'd rather be doing something else somewhere else right now than dealng with my feedback.

ty

•••
You know our processes ;). We always make notes of every request. After our chat, we discussed it with our team and there will be change in the url format. However, keep in mind that some sellers and distribution partners are already using our existing format successfully so it's not a minor change to implement.
Yes I do :)
But I wasn't aware that this was in discussion. The sense I got was that behavior would stay and that I should not use a redirection service or ask the other party to make the change (my interpretation)[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that from our point of view we don't really appreciate these redirects since hosting your nameservers with a third party inherently already impacts your sales conversion ratio. Our customer development all the way back in 2014 showed that you're losing money by using PPC landers as novice end-users easily click away or land on a strange empty page when using an ad-blocker.

Because we believe that sellers should decide how they sell, we're making that change but it's definitely not adviced by us to do that.

•••
its bodis

just give me one single url tempplate redirect for all domains and all extensions and your torture and mine and other people with this problem will end right here. you appear like someone who'd rather be doing something else somewhere else right now than dealng with my feedback.

ty

No worries ;). Like I said the simple url will be launched in the upcoming or next product sprint. I agree that there is added value to make the url structure more simple and cross-platform enabled.

•••
No worries ;). Like I said the simple url will be launched in the upcoming or next product sprint. I agree that there is added value to make the url structure more simple and cross-platform enabled.

I am not worried. I am trying to be understood so your time and mine are not wasted.
obviously there is a communication issue, cause you were just telling everyone how this is already possible a few moments ago.. and now you are saying it'll be implemented later.

so its nice to have things sorted out finally. I hope in future there can be less miscommunications between undeveloped and your clients. cheers.

•••
Yes I do :)
But I wasn't aware that this was in discussion. The sense I got was that behavior would stay and that I should not use a redirection service or ask the other party to make the change (my interpretation)

Keep in mind that from our point of view we don't really appreciate these redirects since hosting your nameservers with a third party inherently already impacts your sales conversion ratio. Our customer development all the way back in 2014 showed that you're losing money by using PPC landers as novice end-users easily click away or land on a strange empty page when using an ad-blocker.

Because we believe that sellers should decide how they sell, we're making that change but it's definitely not adviced by us to do that.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough and I do understand the your advice. So I am moving (albeit a little slowly) a majority of my domains to point directly to Undeveloped. Just to also share the reason why I'd use a redirect is that I typically evaluate the parking potential of newly acquired domains before I shift them to Undeveloped and in those situations, I'd still like to use Undeveloped for sales and transactions (Cos not only do I like the service but also trust you :) )

•••
@Undeveloped Your site load very slowly during keyword search. It's takes forever to load, especially on mobile devices. Work on that. It's a really a major concern. Or let me say your site load very slowly on mobile devices

•••
There are no issues. Daily domains keep getting sold and messages sent back and forth between buyers and sellers. We use a professional email delivery service that's used by some of the biggest tech companies out there so no issues there.

Buyers can stop responding for numerous reasons (too high price that doesn't welcome negotiations, opt-outs and so on). We also weren't aware of the issue you mention. If you'd like someone to give a close look at your account simply use support for that.

Which additional details are you referring to?

Email addresses, phone number ( in most cases ), name and surname, buttons to directly search within linkedin, google etc

Not really. We're, not getting the commission Paypal charges right? Also you can opt-in for numerous other payout sources. As far as I remember only Paypal has these double charges for specific transactions.

You might not getting commissions but I pay them anyway so for me it is -13%.
BTW I am not aware of any other service ( GD. Afternic, Sedo, NameSilo, Uniregistry, Payoneer.. ) that charges an extra 4% for paypal disbursement.

And, as a side note, your replies to the last comments here sound defensive, annoyed and quite argumentative. At the end of the day we are your customers, if you do not want suggestions to be brought up so you can improve your service you just need to say it.

Good luck

•••
@Undeveloped Your site load very slowly during keyword search. It's takes forever to load, especially on mobile devices. Work on that. It's a really a major concern. Or let me say your site load very slowly on mobile devices

Hi Haykay,

I think your internet connection might be a bit slow since we monitor load speed carefully. See attached the results of a test I just did at Pingdom on our heaviest for sale page (including logo's and full features) for reference.

Also, do you use your own background on your lander? Always make sure you use lightweight backgrounds to not influence the load time of your landers.

Kind regards,
Reza

Attachments

• site-speed.png
    site-speed.png
    283 KB · Views: 57
•••
Email addresses, phone number ( in most cases ), name and surname, buttons to directly search within linkedin, google etc

You might not getting commissions but I pay them anyway so for me it is -13%.
BTW I am not aware of any other service ( GD. Afternic, Sedo, NameSilo, Uniregistry, Payoneer.. ) that charges an extra 4% for paypal disbursement.

And, as a side note, your replies to the last comments here sound defensive, annoyed and quite argumentative. At the end of the day we are your customers, if you do not want suggestions to be brought up so you can improve your service you just need to say it.

Good luck

As long as we do the escrow ourselves I doubt we'll ever share information like email addresses + phone numbers with sellers. The moment we share the email address of a buyer is the moment that we'll see failed escrow transactions happening as buyers and sellers will communicate directly to each other and mistakes will occur when our strict processes aren't followed.

Nothing is more valuable than constructive feedback to us. Keep it coming.

•••
I am not worried. I am trying to be understood so your time and mine are not wasted.
obviously there is a communication issue, cause you were just telling everyone how this is already possible a few moments ago.. and now you are saying it'll be implemented later.

so its nice to have things sorted out finally. I hope in future there can be less miscommunications between undeveloped and your clients. cheers.

There's miscommunication indeed. What I tried to communicate is the following:

It is already possible to forward buyers from parking companies to your for sale pages hosted on Undeveloped.com. Even in the current url structure. Check out this PPC page for example.

However, we understand that forwarding buyers easily isn't possible at all parking providers due to our existing url structure. That's why we're in the process of changing the setup so you can easily forward to an url like: https://undeveloped.com/buy-domain/antiwet.com

Having said that, we already have a lot of sellers using a forward in our existing setup so changing this requires some planning on our end but we're more than happy to make it happen.

•••
Aren't we allowed to adjust
Hi All,

We've just launched a new class of for sale pages! See attached a screenshot or visit http://antiwet.com to check it out.

When you visit your individual domain settings page you can now add a logo. We'll automatically scale it to fit the business cards and change the domain for sale page into a "Brand For Sale Page".

This is the first iteration, so this product line will evolve. The first improvement will be made to the cards to make them feel more like business cards. So that's coming soon.

Please share your feedback with us about this first version. Your input will be greatly appreciated.

We'd advise everyone that sells brandable names to use tools like: tailorbrands.com to create a professional logo and upload it to your lander. The price perception of end-users increases when they get the feeling they're buying a brand. Most won't even use the logo but it does help. Also, try to use an as fancy as possible logo. We've seen pretty ugly logo's out there, I doubt if you settle for any logo design that it'll actually help you sell the domain you hold better.

You also pick 3 different background colors to match your domain + logo. Purple, Green and Blue.

Happy selling,
Reza

I don't see any difference. Where do I upload a logo? Where can I choose the new sales pages? And another note - where do I remove Paypal as an option?

•••
Tested the logo, works great.

•••
I don't see any difference. Where do I upload a logo? Where can I choose the new sales pages? And another note - where do I remove Paypal as an option?

Hi Sperry,

In your portfolio click on the domain you’d like to add a logo for. In the edit section you’ll see the option to add a logo which changes the for sale page to the new class.

Where would you like to remove Paypal as an option and why?

Take care,
Reza

•••
Happy holidays everyone! And all the best to you in the year to come! 2018 is going to be an exciting year!

•••
Hi Reza

I seriously think you need to bring back the inquire or get in touch with seller option. Don't worry about time wasting offers. Uniregistry have a simple inquire button. Please do the same.

To simply have a make offer or buy now price button can put buyers off as they are forced to make an offer when they might want to just start a conversation going etc to start with.

•••
@Undeveloped - I have just joined your site, very nice.

But a couple of things which would be nice:

1). Ability to sell .co.uk + .uk as a pair. This is common practice in the UK space at the minute, and will be until probably late 2019.

2). A degree of control over order of items (when unsorted) on portfolio page. If I could choose 2 or 3 strong domains to sit at the top that would be nice. That way the user can choose a couple of their strongest domains, which would encourage browsers to look further down the list. So basically 'featured' domains, but without the viewer knowing that they have been 'featured'.

•••
Hi Reza

I seriously think you need to bring back the inquire or get in touch with seller option. Don't worry about time wasting offers. Uniregistry have a simple inquire button. Please do the same.

To simply have a make offer or buy now price button can put buyers off as they are forced to make an offer when they might want to just start a conversation going etc to start with.

Hi,

I'm currently looking for the internal document with the statistics about the different options. Once I've found it I'll share it with you so you can see that that option hurts your income.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
@Undeveloped - I have just joined your site, very nice.

But a couple of things which would be nice:

1). Ability to sell .co.uk + .uk as a pair. This is common practice in the UK space at the minute, and will be until probably late 2019.

2). A degree of control over order of items (when unsorted) on portfolio page. If I could choose 2 or 3 strong domains to sit at the top that would be nice. That way the user can choose a couple of their strongest domains, which would encourage browsers to look further down the list. So basically 'featured' domains, but without the viewer knowing that they have been 'featured'.

Welcome on board!

1: We currently do support facilitating transactions for both names when you've agreed to that with the buyer. Or do you mean showing both names on the landing page as well?

2: I understand, that could be interesting indeed. I've made a note of this feature request.

Kind regards,
Reza

•••
•••
•••
Hi Reza

An upfront disclaimer: this is the first and last time we'll share this type of information to the public. In essence, we're now sharing information to competitors that they for some reason didn't collect or have. And that's not something we'd like to do more often.

You can review the statistics on buying action data over December 2015/January 2016 attached. So the results aren't based on our current for sale pages but 2 versions before the existing one.

As you can see, if you look at the full picture, price requests cannibalize down the funnel on your other options while the other options convert better in terms of paid and completed transactions. There's a reason why most marketplaces, including Sedo only work with Buy-nows and the Make Offer model. The inquire option yields more inquiries but down the funnel, converts very poorly.

Also in terms of average sale price the Buy Now option yield the highest sale price while the inquire option would return the lowest average sale price for sellers.

Our analysis of the above indicates that when there's already a price point from the seller, this leaves no room for the buyer to form a price point that's much lower than your expected price for a name. Also in terms of commitment, when a buyer places a legally binding offer it makes them already committed to a negotiation.

This is why we didn't continue offering that option since both you and Undeveloped in the end, generate less revenue when enabling that option.

The best converting setup currently is to enable: Buy Now + Make Offer + Installments.

And finally, when potential buyers have a question it's extremely simple for them to reach out to us. That's part of our service. We pick up these leads and answer any questions they have so they transact with you.

Hope that helps,

Reza

Attachments

• buy-action.png
    buy-action.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
An upfront disclaimer: this is the first and last time we'll share this type of information to the public

Thanks for sharing...I understand the need to keep internal data away from prying eyes!

A question regarding payments...would not having fully set up payment info fully negatively impact anyone attempting to buy a domain? I prefer to keep financial info to myself until a sale is pending.

Looking forward to a prosperous 2018...getting ready to list several hundred names with you to see what shakes out! :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for sharing...I understand the need to keep internal data away from prying eyes!

A question regarding payments...would not having fully set up payment info fully negatively impact anyone attempting to buy a domain? I prefer to keep financial info to myself until a sale is pending.

Looking forward to a prosperous 2018...getting ready to list several hundred names with you to see what shakes out! :xf.smile:

Hi,

No it doesn’t impact your sales. You can also just add your paypal address for now to remove the warning about your missing billing details.

Take care,

Reza

•••
Thanks for the fast response.

You can also just add your paypal address

I was with them (ppal) when they were 'x' back in the day...loved them for a couple of years even after they rebranded but they became too hard to deal with...too many fraudulent chargebacks that ate up time and profits. I only use their services when buying.

After the first of the year I will add bank account info...for me that is best/easiest method.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back