NameSilo

Undeveloped.com Experience

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by JudgeMind, Nov 12, 2015.

Replies:
Views:

1. harshgupta

harshgupta Top Contributor VIP

@Reza @LaszloSchenk

what actions do you take against non paying buyers after the agreement is reached ?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Soofi

Soofi Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Reza and UnderDeveloped team are used to refuting the customer problems, and this one is an earlier example where I had pointed out that these guys need to be more open and receptive to customer feedback rather than coming at their customers too strong, which they always try to do with your posts.

But wouldnt learn.. oh well, I aint losing anything!

3. HappyW

HappyW Owner of NamesMaker.com Gold Account VIP

Adding a GOOGLE Tracker id will be better, the only downside is that the funnel settings are not available in GOOGLE.

4. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

Diversify people. Epik is where im exploring currently. then a full shift is not too difficult if you give up on one.

as for @namemarket upon first visit with using dan txt record vrs NS , has been known to give a very slow load time. maybe enough for visitors to leave before opens. you won't see this as your first visit is cached. just from my experience, and others.

5. Soofi

Soofi Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

these members who are stuck with one platform will learn their lessons, no point telling them of your experience. They’re so stuck up in theirs that they will go ahead and dislike your post SMH

6. domaintrader

domaintrader Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

i certainly hope that this is not the same situation I am encountering here

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dan-com-domain-marketplace-official-thread.1148567/page-33

If it is it will really test the credibility of Dan as a marketplace for buyers

I know it’s a good fit for sellers with low commissions and quick payment but if buyers have reason the question the trustworthiness of the platform it does not bode well for Dan.com

7. domaintrader

i certainly hope that this is not the same situation I am encountering here

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dan-com-domain-marketplace-official-thread.1148567/page-33

If it is it will really test the credibility of Dan as a marketplace for buyers

I know it’s a good fit for sellers with low commissions and quick payment but if buyers have reason the question the trustworthiness of the platform it does not bode well for Dan.com

8. JudgeMind

JudgeMind Buy domains at DNhawk.com PRO VIP Trusted Contest Holder

I think the biggest issue with dan is their payment gateway for buyers. I’ve had a lot of non-paying buyers and when I tracked them down and emailed them why they didn’t follow through with the deal, they said the payment options weren’t working for them. Some of these I ended up closing the deals through afternic or epik seamlessly.

9. boker

boker Top Contributor VIP

I know that they have an issue with amex, because they are using adyen as a payment processor, but I'm not aware of other issues. Can you name other issues with payments, excluding amex? Looks like adyen process around 160 billions in payments in 2018 and companies like microsoft, shopify and recently ebay are using them, so they should work pretty good for domains too.

10. domaintrader

You make a great point Judge, Dan makes a number of representations about their great payment methods and options but when you act as a buyer you are basically presented with the option of paying by credit card and absolutely no information is provided to you about other options such as bank draft, wire transfers etc so if the buyer is either unsophisticated, wary of the site or buying online in general or they are not inclined to dig deeper or ask questions about their other payment options then buyers are stuck trying to cram what could potentially be an expensive buy onto a credit card.

Some people may A not have a large enough facility n their credit cards or B if they do the credit card fraud department is likely to enter the picture when you live in the US and you are trying to buy a large dollar ten from a company in another continent

sending large dollars around the world on a credit card can be tricky so I can see a lot of buyers saying forget this and looking for other options which is exactly what you indicate happened in your instance

There has to be a balance in business. It can't be all great for sellers but hard for buyers to execute and they need to feel comfortable dealing with the company itself. I know as a domain seller Dan is a great option. From the perspective of a domain buyer...Im not impressed and am not sure what Dan adds.

Being in North America and dealing with a customer support team that operates in another country, is in a different timezone, and that does not work weekends doesn't leave a lot of room for fluid conversation. Thats an issue that is hard for any buyer to surmount. I purchased a domain name elsewhere yesterday that was pushed to me same day at another venue. So much for the technological advantages that blockchain and their payment processors supposedly provide Dan.com

Hard to call your self a cutting edge technology company and be impossible to reach! Try calling their number sometime. Office closed right. Try finding their office hours on their website! Um, I can't find em.

Not sold on Dan as a buyer so far but am willing to be convinced they are for real. We will see how it all plays out.

I am posting my real time experience on the OFFICIAL Dan thread if anyone wants to follow. My story begins at page 31

https://www.namepros.com/threads/dan-com-domain-marketplace-official-thread.1148567/page-31

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. domaintrader

want to see being refuted in action
    Check the Dan official
    Thread for being refuted in action.
    After complaining that dan.com did not meet their own terms of service
    Reza unilaterally banned me
    Outed the seller
    Cancelled my purchase
    And cost the seller a huge sale
    All because he did not like being criticized for his Not meeting his own service standards
    What a sham
    Horrible experience
    The guy has had my money for 6 plus days and no domain
    Then he cancels my transaction in public ON NAMEPROS
    Really poor judgement from a ceo
    Anyways as PT said
    There is no such thing as bad publicity so it’s just keeps on improving over at Dan

https://www.namepros.com/threads/da...-official-thread.1148567/page-35#post-7594725

pages 31-35 maybe

just brutal!

12. frank-germany

frank-germany domainer since 2001 / musician VIP

calm down, guys
    you act unprofessionally

13. Michael M

Michael M Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

You have been unprofessional, a nuisance, and obviously you were hoping to find something to complain about as you jumped the gun in the very beginning with your repeated nonsensical posts. I would not want to deal with you as a seller myself, and I'd guess a lot of others feel the same after reading your rants.

You talk about what Reza did "in public" when you started all of this IN PUBLIC.

Find a hobby or something to spend your time on and it would be no loss, but a gain for NPs. I can't speak for everyone but I can say with a good bit of confidence that a lot of people do not care what you have to say at this point.

:vomit:

14. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Top Contributor VIP

It's in both threads.

Feelings Mutual ( Dan.com Thread Quote)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice