IT.COM

Understanding type in traffic and parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MARK ROBERTS

Established Member
Impact
I have read through the Parking 101 and other parking threads for newbies to parking. Much of the basic and important information is pretty old and I don't know if it is still relevant. Also discussions seem to drift off topic making it hard to learn much.

I have some domain names with google keyword searches between 720 searches per month and 4k per month. Many are hand regs that have never been registered before. None of them are developed and I have not parked them yet. How do these search numbers relate to type in traffic and parking. Will these ad words search numbers translate into type in traffic or parking traffic.

I am still trying to wrap my head around these issues. Should I try parking these domains? Do these search numbers main anything? Any advice for a newbie parker would be greatly appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yearly type in traffic on .com domains with 4K searches per month if there are 2 or 3 words, perhaps you get 1-2 vistor per year if you are lucky. If its a single word,around few per month. Hope that helps.

•••
Great, but is that a good thing or a bad thing. Does it pay to park these domains, and if not then just what does make a good parking name. What exactly is the criteria. Any help would be great. Thanks.

•••
If you are searching for Type in domains above 20.000 searches per month max 2 words would bring you parking profits. But almost all that domains are long taken, so you have to concentrate on domains with premium domain prices.

•••
I have read through the Parking 101 and other parking threads for newbies to parking. Much of the basic and important information is pretty old and I don't know if it is still relevant. Also discussions seem to drift off topic making it hard to learn much.

I have some domain names with google keyword searches between 720 searches per month and 4k per month. Many are hand regs that have never been registered before. None of them are developed and I have not parked them yet. How do these search numbers relate to type in traffic and parking. Will these ad words search numbers translate into type in traffic or parking traffic.

I am still trying to wrap my head around these issues. Should I try parking these domains? Do these search numbers main anything? Any advice for a newbie parker would be greatly appreciated.

gkwt search volume (exact match), does not directly equate to the number of "actual" visitors a term/phrase might receive, if registered as a domain name.

however, higher volume may be an indicator of type-in traffic and some low volume terms may also receive traffic as well.
that may sound contrary, but.. such is the nature of domaining.

but whatever the term or phrase, it should make sense and be in proper form, unless it is typo of popular website, (past or present).

still, any domain you acquire, should be parked first, to gauge activity if any... which could help better assess it's potential value.

because, a name that gets 1 > 10 visitors a month can still be profitable, depending on ctr and epc.

clue: if you want to get comparison idea between gkwt results and actual reported traffic domain receives, read some of the "domains for sale with traffic" threads.

imo....

•••
biggie is right

when I reg a domain
first thing I do is add to to my parkingcrew account

you will never know if its good for parking or not
if you dont park it

much traffic or not
doesn't mean much
in terms of parking income

you may have high traffic domains that have no parking income
and you may have low traffic domain with decent parking income

I use

parkingcrew
voodoo
sedo

if you cant make money there, try bodis
if those don't make money
these domains are no good for parking

•••
It's relevant. :)

I'll update it again in a few months but it's going to be the same

•••
biggie is right

when I reg a domain
first thing I do is add to to my parkingcrew account

you will never know if its good for parking or not
if you dont park it

much traffic or not
doesn't mean much
in terms of parking income

you may have high traffic domains that have no parking income
and you may have low traffic domain with decent parking income

I use

parkingcrew
voodoo
sedo

if you cant make money there, try bodis
if those don't make money
these domains are no good for parking
Thanks for this. Simple answer and easy to understand.

•••
Yearly type in traffic on .com domains with 4K searches per month if there are 2 or 3 words, perhaps you get 1-2 vistor per year if you are lucky. If its a single word,around few per month. Hope that helps.
I only buy these keyword com domains that dropped multiple words and many make me hundreds each a year plus. long list that cover renewals and then some

•••
I only buy these keyword com domains that dropped multiple words and many make me hundreds each a year plus. long list that cover renewals and then some

great plan.
how many do you have?
how did you find them?
which critieria do you use to identify them?

and how many did you need to reg
in order to find those
that fit into the make hundereds category?

•••
great plan.
how many do you have?
how did you find them?
which critieria do you use to identify them?

and how many did you need to reg
in order to find those
that fit into the make hundereds category?
few hundred right now. many godaddy codes used but hundreds made the code cost but not renewal price.

•••
few hundred right now. many godaddy codes used but hundreds made the code cost but not renewal price.

I love when I ask 4 questions and just 1 is answered

•••
I love when I ask 4 questions and just 1 is answered
sorry was on mobile at work. I have about 600 in one portfolio. I find them through keyword planner, instinct, and research of what niches pay me the best. some criteria is a secret but the keyword planner part i go by average cpc, monthly searches, and competition. I registered thousands total but my roi was over 1,000 percent so far from losing any money.

•••
•••
•••
Parking is only worthwhile if you buy a premium domain that people will type the name directly into the browser to go directly to that name. Once established websites that have been dropped or bought. And backlinks or some sort of way for people to actually visit the domain. Just because a keyword in a domain gets 500k searches a month doesn't mean you'll get a visit.

Another good pointer for traffic to domain is the people who startups or personal causes and only register the .org. People will naturally accidentally do .com and boom there you go.

I registered a .com of a radio health program because they did the .org. It's medical and the clicks pay well.

•••
Parking is only worthwhile if you buy a premium domain that people will type the name directly into the browser to go directly to that name. Once established websites that have been dropped or bought. And backlinks or some sort of way for people to actually visit the domain. Just because a keyword in a domain gets 500k searches a month doesn't mean you'll get a visit.

Another good pointer for traffic to domain is the people who startups or personal causes and only register the .org. People will naturally accidentally do .com and boom there you go.

I registered a .com of a radio health program because they did the .org. It's medical and the clicks pay well.

This is why you go by the whole domain name not one keyword within it. That's setting up for disaster from the start.

•••
•••
•••
which would you go for?

how many minimum?

how much is needed?
how much would scare you away?

Its all personal preference. I s no minimum. If I think it sounds good its done. Those are just certain things I consider. None more stronger then the other. I have had 30 search avg month insurance domains pay for themselves in one click. There is no set guarantee to this stuff.n I just figure on higher searches if someone is looking they will type it in. Mobile phones all have dot com hotkeys. Type in traffic for keyword domains has increased alot over that.

•••
so you don't look for rules
but go for your guts desision

that doesnt help much

the beauty of rules in this regard is :
you can follow and re-define and verify them

your guts are new everyday and not teachable

Last edited:
•••

that doesnt help much

That randomness of the 'guts' is the key to finding some great domains that no-one even looks for.

When you follow 'rules' aka. logic, you tend to follow the same trend that -probably- many others follow... it's the 'guts' that makes the difference in domaining imo.

btw. my top paying domains in parking were bought after my 'guts' and definitely not by logic ;)

•••

that doesnt help much

But they make me a ton of money. guts includes would I buy it myself to use or so I ld I type that in etc.

•••
That randomness of the 'guts' is the key to finding some great domains that no-one even looks for.

When you follow 'rules' aka. logic, you tend to follow the same trend that -probably- many others follow... it's the 'guts' that makes the difference in domaining imo.

btw. my top paying domains in parking were bought after my 'guts' and definitely not by logic ;)
Exactly made up of that instinctive combo of way too many things to list. like when I sold insurance door to door training people you could tell some got that instinctive talent and personality and some dont

•••
Ill make domain sales and parking simple for people. it's like buying a car everyone has the ability. but that factor you control of income coming in determines Porsche or pinto. You choose the domain it didn't choose you

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back