Dynadot

.uk .UK domain name release

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is anyone registering .UK domains? They opened registration for anyone and there's a bunch of great one-word domains up for grabs. I haven't heard much about this extension on this forum and wanted to know all of your take.

UK residents already owning the .CO.UK extension received first dibs of its equivalent but now it's open registration. These .UK names seems to be much more better and catchy than .co.uk, but we'll see how things go. I suppose it's still too early to say.

There's still many great domains up for grab.
ROR-Timeline-for-FAQs-872x357.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@namesquare some of the ones I got so far:
Hotelnearme/uk buyup/uk libranews/uk
libragames/uk
etc.....

Last edited:
•••
Hey guys I was able to grab some UKS domains before July 2 but most of them cant be TLD but still they seems to be great. I grabbed some by June 30,31 etc. I found out that way by messing up with go daddy while selecting them at the check out process! They were not pre-register like some Country TLD I tried before. Those domains were right away on my Godaddy portfolio from the very moment I purchased them on June 30 and so. It got me very confused and excited at the same time. Any idea?
What were you able to catch?
it wasn't a IDN but i was able to get it through godaddy. I got btcwallet.uk
Sweet. That's a really cool domain.

•••
Yesterday I got a 3 letter adult .UK name beginning with c, ending with m and with a u in the middle.

I don't know whether to feel proud of myself or whether I should be ashamed of myself for having it on my list assuming others didn't... :penguin::hilarious:

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday I got a 3 letter adult .UK name beginning with c, ending with m and with a u in the middle.

I don't know whether to feel proud of myself or whether I should be ashamed of myself for having it on my list assuming others didn't... :penguin::hilarious:
Hahaha! That's pretty funny. That seems like a great domain too with many uses, from brothals, clubs, bars, adult stores, cafe, a generic cinnabon :xf.laugh::ROFL:

It's 3 characters. It could also be used for some sort of mobile app or something.

Last edited:
•••
Despite saying I would not I did apply for 7 after a UK company I had used in the long forgotten past appeared in my inbox. I spoke to one of their reps who assured me of this that and the other and of course basically turned out to be BS. No name caught of course but a 30 day turnaround for refund. :xf.eek:

I think they are called Wasteofspace , or something like that.

•••
I've bought one *.uk domain through godaddy but it is still appears "for sale" one day later :)

Also, guys, do you enter your UK email/billing contact whatever it seems to be a prerequisite for a legit registration(see details on godaddy site).

UPDATE: ok, after further inspection, the domain appears to be in what is called "pre-registered" state.

Does pre-registering a domain guarantee I'll get it?
No. Pre-registering reserves your place in our queue for that domain. The instant the registration phase opens, we'll submit our list of registrations electronically. If you don't get the domain you've pre-registered, we'll refund the cost of the registration. Any application fees are non-refundable however.
When will I get my domain name?
We will get your new domain to you as quickly as possible. However the date shown is our current estimate of when you can hope to have it. See below for how multiple pre-registrations may affect if/when you get your domain.
What if multiple people pre-register the same domain name?
In this case, the domain goes to a closed auction after its Release Date. All registrants are invited.

Last edited:
•••
Oh wow! I actually had a terrible experience with SnapNames. They're super shady! Super unethical. For backorders, I personally stick to NameJet, GoDaddy, and Pool.

From my backorders so far SnapNames were able to catch "Coin /uk". 34 bidders.

•••
Hopefully .uk story not going to be .xyz story :xf.cool:

Still trying to get a good domain with them but not yet ..

•••
I live in US so I don't have an uk email neither a phone number or address from Ukraine and I was able to catch them up through go daddy. Something I'm doing, is login into my GoDaddy account but in the UK: www.uk.godaddy.com site 😉
Make sure the domains you want to buy said PURCHASED and not PRE-REGISTER that way you are buying it right away and not joining a huge list of people that are waisting their time and "money" pre-registering instead of buying it.

•••
I live in US so I don't have an uk email neither a phone number or address from Ukraine and I was able to catch them up through go daddy. Something I'm doing, is login into my GoDaddy account but in the UK: www.uk.godaddy.com site 😉
Make sure the domains you want to buy said PURCHASED and not PRE-REGISTER that way you are buying it right away and not joining a huge list of people that are waisting their time and "money" pre-registering instead of buying it.

Yes agree with

•••

What was .xyz story?

•••

Not really but close

•••
What do you guys think of this domain name kaufen.uk and i got shopeemall.uk. I saw kaufen.com sold for about 8k

Last edited:
•••
Wow guys look at this UKS already on sale

Attachments

• 16095707-A4D2-40F8-A099-3A2CF58542B1.png
    16095707-A4D2-40F8-A099-3A2CF58542B1.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 224
•••
Wow guys look at this UKS already on sale
Its interesting that Blockhain.com owns blockchain.co.uk, yet they ignored the blockchain.uk. Good luck to the registrant.

•••
•••
tried getting some .uk's at Dynadot today, but seems like this is nearly impossible.
Nominet has published a list of all registrars participating in the current pre-registration phase: https://www.nominet.uk/registrars-participating-in-uk-right-of-registration-release/

Just looking at this dozen page long list, chances to get a specific domain seem rather small

Don't worry all that are PREMIUM .UK ( HR.uk , GB.uk & so on) will be caught by this guy's - to protect & ensure that the clients don't lose the .uk
Corporation Service Company (UK) Limited (cscglobal.com)

So for us remain few good domain's

Cheers to all! & good luck to catch .uk ( personal i catch .uk what i want today so the rest if i am in ok if not say good bye :xf.smile: )

•••
tried getting some .uk's at Dynadot today, but seems like this is nearly impossible.
Nominet has published a list of all registrars participating in the current pre-registration phase: https://www.nominet.uk/registrars-participating-in-uk-right-of-registration-release/

Just looking at this dozen page long list, chances to get a specific domain seem rather small
This doesn't include other self managed tags, like mine for instance. So the chances are even more unlikely. I've just hammered the system during the release and got some pretty mediocre stuff. A highlight (lowlight) includes intellect dot uk.

As previously mentioned, yesterday I did manage to get the adult name with the letters 'u m c' (rearrange the letters) though which I am now pretty surprised and pleased with if I'm honest :bag:. It'll go nicely with the other 3l .co.uk/.uks that I own.

Last edited:
•••
The UK market is a lot more competitive than people expected. However, the .UK is still just a subdomain where most of the registrations are in .co.uk.

Regards...jmcc

•••
This doesn't include other self managed tags, like mine for instance. So the chances are even more unlikely. I've just hammered the system during the release and got some pretty mediocre stuff. A highlight (lowlight) includes intellect dot uk.

Your self manage TAG is a one of a hell good one if you catch c******m .uk ( LOL )
All respect for you , good luck for the next 2 day's

•••
Last edited:
•••
Your self manage TAG is a one of a hell good one if you catch c******m .uk ( LOL )
All respect for you , good luck for the next 2 day's
Haha you reckon? I'm trying to work out whether anyone would have bothered to backorder it or whether I'm just a fool :nailbiting:. It stood out to me when I was sifting through names... the 3 letter names seemed nigh on impossible to catch cause my system didn't manage to catch any others even though I took aim at them. Every day I have included over 100 3 letter .UKs in my catch setup.

Being a domainer I can't see anyone purposefully removing that name from a list of 3 letter names. If you're trying to catch 3 letter names then you'll just load em' all in and hope for the best, what with it being dog-eat-dog as it is.

Last edited:
•••
•••
For me so far GoDaddy was able to catch 0 domains, SnapNames 2, both in auction now.

•••
I just went to Namecheap and got LBRwallet.uk * right into my account.
nice. I wonder why some automatically goes through and others you have to wait.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back