Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

TX, RI, OH, Say Clinton!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
54,259
She did what she had to do, Now i feel she will win the nomination, She should take Pennsylvania with about the same margin as she did Ohio, Imo

I spent two hours in line waiting to vote today, People where very tense in the line, It was by far, the most tense i have seen people, since i began voting in 1983.

Although many Obama supporters here, Will rise and say, It is no even close to over, I disagree, Clinton has won the biggest states, If they elect to push the primary to Florida, which has been discussed, to settle the score, she will win Florida, And i have a feeling Al Gore will endorse her, If that were to happen.

This is a great day for me, I NEVER in a million years would have thought, I would be saying GO Hillary, But i am.

I am not even worried about the election, The day i see Obama concede to Clinton, Will be a day of celebration.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
Dan said:
What experience? :-/

That would be small talk for Obama, And to much to write for Hillary, Look it up.

lpxxfaintxx said:
Obama all the way!

Clinton has to win 60% of all votes in order to win the nomination?

Also, Obama won Texas. Although Clinton won the primary, Obama will be walking away with more delegates from Texas from the caucuses.

Look at the past, Bill Clinton never won the caucus, But won both terms he ran.

It Hilliary wins Pennsylvania, That is all she will need, It will most likely go to super delegates, Were both can plead their case.

Obama can say, I won the little states, No i don't have the credentials to run the USA, But i can learn.

Obama has said to the American people, exactly what they want to hear, Not the reality, Obama can not produce more than 1% of the BS he has talked. Older Americans know this, We have lived through enough elections, to know better.

Obama has yet to engage in debate, with either Clinton nor McCain, That is when it gets down and dirty, The true dirt on Obama has yet to really surface, Let him debate with either of those two, and he will fall by the way side.

Jeff said:
I agree with much of what you say, Crazy ... but Obama has proven that he can win the white vote, as well as the independents (and even independent-minded Republicans), IMHO. I don't believe it's just the minority (non Hispanic; who are all Hillary's) vote that has gotten him to where he is now ... although, obviously, he has done well in the South which is predominantly African-American. Take Wisconsin, for example ... that was the perfect base of support for Hillary (and Obama beat her there). There are other examples ... Hillary is polarizing, and her campaign dropped the ball after her surprise win here in New Hampshire. NOW she is showing some humility, some empathy (as she did in Portsmouth, NH on that fateful day for brunch), some genuine good-hearted personality and sense of humor! Will it be too little too late ... or does she have what she'll need to secure the nomination? I thought she was done, IMHO. I was surprised by Texas, not Ohio. I'm hopeful the party can unite sooner rather than later ... but there is no doubt in my mind, and things could change my opinion in the ensuing weeks, at this point in time it is Obama that can beat McCain based on my comments in the first part of this post, humbly -and- the fact that McCain is in my estimation, still severely vulnerable with most conservative wing of his party and is showing more than tad of dimentia with the repetitious "my friends, my friends!" :rolleyes: :imho:
Very intersting weeks ahead, indeed.

Thanks.
-Jeff B-)

Obama is extremely successful getting the vote from 18 to 29 year old white people, 30 and up, he is not very successful. He carries 67% of the vote with 18 to 29 year olds.

CrazyTech said:
I hate to say I told you so, but the Obama armor chink has been found, finally. I really thought he'd propel himself into the main election before it'd be exposed, but people are finally picking up on it and there is still a chance for him to lose. Obama has run off of change, everytime you see him its the same look and the same guy behind the podium that says "CHANGE" on it. So far, so good until last night. I think when people got behind the curtain, they voted for experience over the new guy. I think the commercial made the difference. IMHO, I don't see it as fear mongering...I see it as people wanting the most capable person in office when that phone does ring and the answer is not change. Clinton wins that battle hands down. As much as I dislike her, Clinton has leadership ability to a reasonable degree. Obama can speak pretty, but he hasn't been a part of anything to say "Hey I'm a leader, not just a good speaker!"

The fact of the matter is Obama is farther left than the American people realized initially and I think this is starting to catch up with him as well. No one too far left or right is gonna win right now. There's a very clear split in the Democratic Party just as there was in the Republican camp. I'm not very happy with McCain, but I'm more concerned about an Obama. I hate voting the lesser of two evils, but here we are again. However, it all goes back to the rift that has developed. You have the more moderate middle people voting for Hillary just as you had the moderates in the Republican party voting McCain. The blue collars are particularly strong for Hillary whereas Obama has flown so far on the minority vote. That's not to say either has carried other population segments, but these have been the ones that have had the most influence. The left has picked up on Obama and they've been behind their candidate far longer than the right when they finally got behind Romney.

I agree 100%, Denver,

Obama has run out of things to promise us, He can't even produce any thing he has promised Americans. Obama has no credentials to even begin to run the USA.

I don't care for Hilliary either, But just like you say, It is better to take the lesser of two evils in this situation.

This may very well be saddest part, While waiting in line to vote last Tuesday, All the black people were saying, Now we are going to have a black President, One of our own. I don't know if that is the same in every state, But i can tell you, That is what i was hearing in the crowd here.

If that is what it is about, to black voters, then we have not come near as far as we think we have in race relations.

I would like to think, this election is not about black -vs- white, but when i heard that while waiting in line to vote, by several black voters, I was almost stunned.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
There will always be those who will make it a race or gender issue.. I'd like to think we're beyond that and can vote based on ability to deliver on the issues/promises.

I think Obama's lack of experience will doom him because he doesn't have the political clout or saavy to fight dirty where Clinton would sell her soul to be President IMO.
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
There will always be those who will make it a race or gender issue.. I'd like to think we're beyond that and can vote based on ability to deliver on the issues/promises.

I think Obama's lack of experience will doom him because he doesn't have the political clout or saavy to fight dirty where Clinton would sell her soul to be President IMO.

I guess so, on the race and gender thing. How all of society will ever unite, I dunno.

I agree 100% on Obama's lack of experience and political clout, And that is the main reason for people not to vote for him, Imo, I could get up in front of people in promise them the world, No problem, that is simple. But there is no way in hell, he would be able to debate with Clinton nor McCain, Imo

Possibly in four more years, More like eight years, Imo, Obama may be prepared to run our country, right now, he is far from being politically and otherwise, competent of running our country.
 
0
•••
lpxxfaintxx said:
Clinton has to win 60% of all votes in order to win the nomination?

Noooo ... she has to win by far higher margin than that to get closer to the finish line (which will definitely be decided by the super delegates), IMHO. It's still, realistically, Obama's to lose, and the outcry will be VERY LOUD if he is not the nominee (unless Clinton can beat him handidly in Pennsylvania and other key upcoming key states (like by 25%+) ... and make a legitimate run in the south in states like Louisana that Obama has already impressed the super delegates with prior victories! :yell:

Also, Obama won Texas. Although Clinton won the primary, Obama will be walking away with more delegates from Texas from the caucuses.

That is correct. The county total will be in by March 26th or so, and Obama's lead will once again widen in the delegate count, IMHO. Although the primary wins for clinton in Ohio and Texas (and Rhode Island) were impressive for a campaign that SERIOUSLY needed to put together some W's, mathematically she is in for the challenge of her lieftime insofar as the proportional delegate count! This is FACT. :gl:

It'll be interesting!
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Unfortunately, I think if Obama loses.. it will become a race issue on many peoples eyes (I wouldn't see it that way)

.X. said:
I guess so, on the race and gender thing. How all of society will ever unite, I dunno.
 
0
•••
dgridley said:
Unfortunately, I think if Obama loses.. it will become a race issue on many peoples eyes (I wouldn't see it that way)

I think you are right, I wouldn't see it that way either.
 
0
•••
This is just hitting the net bigtime. Hillary Clinton, the film!

here

No wonder she wanted the press running scared, would you want all this brought up?

Obama might not use it but do you think the Republicans will not?

Bye Bye Clinton.
 
0
•••
I saw a political cartoon today that had a couple of elephants pushing an "Hillary For Pres" campaign bus up a very steep hill (Bill, fof course, was driving) ... and they were saying to each other while a huffin' and puffin', "Momentum, yeah right?!?" D-: :p

This pretty much sums up what I said above, and the facts of the situation right now (proportional delegates and catching up mathematics) ... as Hillary embraces for two upcoming defeats in both Wyoming and Mississippi, IMHO. :rolleyes:

It's Obama's to lose, no question ... AND and McCain is seriously continuing to hurt himself with his "temper tantrums" (watch the videoe of his exchange with a reporter on the plance regarding John Kerry as his running mate)! :guilty:
Just my oberservations.
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
I saw a political cartoon today that had a couple of elephants pushing an "Hillary For Pres" campaign bus up a very steep hill (Bill, fof course, was driving) ... and they were saying to each other while a huffin' and puffin', "Momentum, yeah right?!?" D-: :p

This pretty much sums up what I said above, and the facts of the situation right now (proportional delegates and catching up mathematics) ... as Hillary embraces for two upcoming defeats in both Wyoming and Mississippi, IMHO. :rolleyes:

It's Obama's to lose, no question ... AND and McCain is seriously continuing to hurt himself with his "temper tantrums" (watch the videoe of his exchange with a reporter on the plance regarding John Kerry as his running mate)! :guilty:
Just my oberservations.
-Jeff B-)

That is where the super delegates come in, Obama wins Wyoming and Mississippi, Clinton wins Pennsylvania.

It is a good argument, I believe Mississippi is currently the poorest state is the US, that followed by Louisiana, Of course Obama can win those little states. But in the Presidential Election, They do not carry very many electoral votes.

The democratic party wants to put one of their own in the Oval Office, The scenario is shaping up this, Imo, If Obama wins, the Demo's loose the election to McCain.

One thing i have heard talk of, Clinton is sort of sending messages of a Clinton -Obama ticket, for the Demo run, That would be a strong ticket, If it were to happen, Possibly good enough to defeat McCain and his ticket.

I feel sure McCain has some power strategy up his sleeve as well.

It will get more interesting soon i think.
 
0
•••
Well I consider myself a social conservative who is a single female and 40. I am placing my vote on Obama and not Hillary or McCain.

And to the amazement many people need to remember that Obama is actually Bi racial and can neither say he is really all black or all white. So people are just saying they are voting for a black man just cause the color of his skin. When in reality he is bi racial and people cant see beyond that as a fair representation of who Obama really is as far as race.

And I really do hope that Obama does win.

I am also from Los Angeles, California and I know that the Mayor, Mayor Villagrosa is a super delegate and has already said his vote is for Hillary. Which his vote was a political favor in return for the help of the Clintons helping him win the LA mayor spot in 2004.

It ceases to amaze me that such people in positions th.at are suppose to be a representative for the people dont do their job. They do it for special interest and political favors. The delegates and super delegates have no sense of reality with the people of society and are so way out of touch.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
As much as I'd hate to see Hillary win over Obama.. rather than see McCain in the White House, I'd go for a Clinton-Obama ticket in a short minute.. I think that's a ticket that could sell to virtually everyone and the only way of beating McCain. I just don't think that people in the long run will pull the lever for Obama based on his lack of experience. (I think he could pull off a fairly decent presidency by the way)

(Dang, I looked and whatwouldronpauldo.com is already taken! :( )
 
0
•••
I wouldnt even want Hillary as VP period. I would much rather say John Edwards. And some are saying that Mayor Antonio Villagrosa is being courted for the VP on the Democratic ticket as well.

And as far as inexperience goes, what experience does Hillary have. About the same amount of years in the US senate as Obama. So if people want experience they need to say McCain if they are looking for an experienced leader.
 
0
•••
I don't think Hillary has the experience we're looking for (other than some time in the White House) but she's perceived to have more than Obama which, even if she doesn't, makes a difference vote-wise.

I just came from a neighbor's.. he said he won't vote for Obama because he's a Muslim. My cousin says the same thing.. guess you can't convince some people that he's not. That pic that was circulated around didn't help either as both mentioned that in their arguments. (Obama just had a big writeup in Christianity Today magazine by the way.

Personally, a preson's religion should take a back seat to their stance on the issues anyway..

Don't get me started on McCain.. I think he's a penny short of a padded room myself. I'm more afraid of a McCain presidency than I have ever been of any other candidate. He'll make Dubya look like a Nobel Prize winner IMO.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
dgridley said:
Don't get me started on McCain.. I think he's a penny short of a padded room myself. I'm more afraid of a McCain presidency than I have ever been of any other candidate. He'll make Dubya look like a Nobel Prize winner IMO.

I completely agree ... and the strains of the race - with the prospect of another grueling eight months to go - are starting to show lately, as well IMHO. :guilty:

All great comments and opinions here ... here are my predictions (if I may): :red:
1.) It's (still) Obama's to lose ... as the Democratic nominee.
2.) Michigan and Florida are out (had they come back, reverse #'s 3 and 4 below, IMHO.
3.) Super delegates come together and extend the "will of the people" ...
4.) ... by nominating Obama (Hillary will be V.P. as part of this compromise).
5.) Obama / Hillary easily defeat McCain / Rice ... McCain retires from the Senate.
6.) ... and John Edwards is rewarded for his efforts and support in the general election with the "Secretary of State" position. Several other familiar names in the cabinet, as well!

:imho:

-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Jeff said:
Hillary will be V.P. as part of this compromise
There is no way Hillary would take a VP slot. If there is any chance of an Obama/Clinton ticket, it is gonna have Obama as the VP.
 
0
•••
And Obama has already denied he'd ever accept running as VP..


viciouscircle said:
There is no way Hillary would take a VP slot. If there is any chance of an Obama/Clinton ticket, it is gonna have Obama as the VP.
 
0
•••
Something is in the works, insofar as a "compromise" ... I can tell you that right now! :blink: :imho:

Time will tell (by the way, Obama picked up a few additional proportional delegates yesterday in Wyoming) ... :gl:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back