Dynadot

discuss .TW(Taiwan) - Same Number System As China, Worth Buying NNNN.TW?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
I'm quite shocked that this ccTLD is flying under the radar. Did a quick background check and yes the number systems are pretty much identical. Yes I understand Taiwan and China are different countries, but share many similarities, and of course business too. So If you are a strong believer in numbered domains for China, then a N.TW might be something to acquire as well. I picked up 5 NNNN.TW because everything from 1 to 1000 and even the 0 starters are gone. I believe this has a good chance of picking up next year and 4N.TW, possibly 5N.TW getting taken too. Below is an interesting link I found.

http://www.expatintaiwan.net/numbers/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has been a sleeper, could well be a good investment.

•••
Keep in mind that on speculation for a domain extension like this that has no real history of being a good investment, consider that you might have to hold some of these for a while before you are able to find a buyer. Keeping that in mind, the renewal fees for Double, Triple or more of that for a .com, .net, and the usual extensions.

Not trying to shoot your idea down, just pointing out a point to consider.

Good Luck :)

•••
Keep in mind that on speculation for a domain extension like this that has no real history of being a good investment, consider that you might have to hold some of these for a while before you are able to find a buyer. Keeping that in mind, the renewal fees for Double, Triple or more of that for a .com, .net, and the usual extensions.

Not trying to shoot your idea down, just pointing out a point to consider.

Good Luck :)

Thanks Ulterios,

Fair enough, I appreciate the concern and agree it's speculation just like any other numbered domain. But .TW actually makes a bit more sense than some of the other stuff out there. I was surprised when nobody was talking about this extension, yet so many numbers are already taken. That and the fact that the Taiwanese number system matches the Chinese one. Just bought 5, might grab more. Also holding .CH(looks like China but it's Switzerland), .IO(popular trending extension now) and .BZ(looks like .BIZ which is popular).

Maybe I'm a crazy guy wit ridiculous logic, but I believe in the statement "nothing ventured, nothing gained"

•••
Thanks Ulterios,

Fair enough, I appreciate the concern and agree it's speculation just like any other numbered domain. But .TW actually makes a bit more sense than some of the other stuff out there. I was surprised when nobody was talking about this extension, yet so many numbers are already taken. That and the fact that the Taiwanese number system matches the Chinese one. Just bought 5, might grab more. Also holding .CH(looks like China but it's Switzerland), .IO(popular trending extension now) and .BZ(looks like .BIZ which is popular).

Maybe I'm a crazy guy wit ridiculous logic, but I believe in the statement "nothing ventured, nothing gained"
You are most welcome. :)

Making sense doesn't always come into play or even matter when it comes to domains and their extensions. If it was going to come into play and catch on, it should have already happened in it's first 2 decades plus of being around. Yeah, anything can happen and it can still catch on but I would just exercise caution and not reg too many just in case it never does.

I'd hate to see you sitting on dozens or even hundreds of domains and have to pay those high renewal fees, never to be able to turn a profit and just lose money.

Sometimes an extension just doesn't appeal for whatever reason, even if it does make sense.

Good Luck, I wish you the best! :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back