Dynadot

.tv .Tvs in the GreatDomains Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A couple of .Tvs on the presently running Great Domains Auction on Sedo as follows:

see.tv 1,502 USD
turismo.tv 500 EUR
everybody.tv 150 USD
bücher.tv 5d 100 EUR
brasil.tv 5d 100 USD
pictures.tv 100 USD
paytv.tv 100 USD
fahrräder.tv - - -
französisch.. - - -
winners.tv - - -
result.tv - - -

Good luck to the owners of these!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is Brasil an old-style annual premium? Ahead used to have it at $1000 a year.

Has that changed?

•••
Is Brasil an old-style annual premium? Ahead used to have it at $1000 a year.

Has that changed?

I dont see how it could have changed:

Creation date: 24 Feb 2005 20:37:04
Expiration date: 24 Feb 2011 20:37:04

Probably wont sell.

•••
Brasil.TV

I dont see how it could have changed:

Creation date: 24 Feb 2005 20:37:04
Expiration date: 24 Feb 2011 20:37:04

Probably wont sell.

And AGAIN, renewal price is not disclosed within domain auction description.

•••
Yep, that is not good! Bad practices over at SEDO by certain domainers.

•••
Not Cool at all

That buyer has 100% rights to not pay for that domain considering that fraudulent domain description.

People suck.

Does anyone know the seller?
If so, someone should contact him ASAP and have him revise his domain description.

•••
All I know is that the owner of brasil purchased recently dr.org from the member of NP.

•••
Not Cool at all

That buyer has 100% rights to not pay for that domain considering that fraudulent domain description.

People suck.

Does anyone know the seller?
If so, someone should contact him ASAP and have him revise his domain description.

I suppose some responsibility falls on the buyer to know what they're getting into. The other part falls on sedo to change their policy. Yes the seller should disclose the renewal fee but they've listed the domain within the current rules.

•••
The other part falls on sedo to change their policy. Yes the seller should disclose the renewal fee but they've listed the domain within the current rules.

Sedo has been spoken to repeatedly about this and they dont seem concerned in the least.

•••
Sedo has been spoken to repeatedly about this and they dont seem concerned in the least.

That's because they stand to lose sales if potential buyers catch wind of high renewal fees!

•••
I was bidding on pictures.tv until I just realized it too is a $500 per year premuim! I sent a message to sedo to remove my bid. Sellers should know better. Sedo should too.

•••

Last edited:
•••
are some of you saying that .tv requires $500 to renew the domain?

•••
are some of you saying that .tv requires $500 to renew the domain?
not all of them do but some are even more ,they are called premiums and most of them are older regs, now if you buy a premium it will cost more only once and then revert back to standard pricing , but you can get new reg for cheap at dynadot and names

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

has anyone contacted the owners to let them know how you feel ?

•••
•••
I suppose some responsibility falls on the buyer to know what they're getting into.

Lets assume I am the buyer. Where I can check renewal fee?

BTW, I am afraid it would be hard for a buyer to back up from the deal once he finds out about premium renewals. Sedo covered itself pretty nice with that disclaimer.

•••
Lets assume I am the buyer. Where I can check renewal fee?

thats the trouble, you cant. enom will not divulge info to a 3rd party even upon the request of the registrant. i know this from experience but it has been at least a year since i checked this policy so its possible to have changed.

BTW, I am afraid it would be hard for a buyer to back up from the deal once he finds out about premium renewals. Sedo covered itself pretty nice with that disclaimer.

you think so? i think that anytime a seller of anything fails to disclose a material fact then then the buyer has recourse. sedo may not be on the hook but the seller certainly may be.

•••

Last edited:
•••
looks like it didnt sell and is relisted for a mere 10k. probably will be dropped.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back