Dynadot

☯.tv - so I had an idea.....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
OK so I got another 'novelty' domain,

.tv

Then I thought let's see if I can get yingyang.tv too. I know yinyang, yingyang two different spellings for the same thing - common symbol........

I settled on yingyang to go with it so I can do a duel assault on the public! :tu:

Hope all is good in idn land.

p.s. What is going to happen in Paris? I keep hearing talk that it's going to change IDN's forever.......Rubber duck, can you fill me in please?

Thanks

ak

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks yanni,

It's good to see the need for IDN progression being recognised, yet as you say I won't hold my breath!
Still, any progress is good progress and we can live in hope :)

Thanks again

ak

•••
phantom4444 said:
Still, any progress is good progress and we can live in hope :)

ak

Agree completely, I just don't think we're going to see anything earth-shattering because of the Paris ICAAN't meeting.

y

•••
phantom4444 said:

.tv

Ak,

I see you found another interesting name after ☣.tv.
Here is my 2 cents.

☯ is a very popular symbol among Chinese. I would said 99% Chinese can recognize it. However, it's kind of difficult to pronounce or describe its meaning. Truely, I believe YingYang could represent ☯. But "Taiji", one of Chinese marticial arts, will be a good term for ☯ as well.

James

•••
james0306 said:
Ak,

I see you found another interesting name after ☣.tv.
Here is my 2 cents.

☯ is a very popular symbol among Chinese. I would said 99% Chinese can recognize it. However, it's kind of difficult to pronounce or describe its meaning. Truely, I believe YingYang could represent ☯. But "Taiji", one of Chinese marticial arts, will be a good term for ☯ as well.

James

Thanks James,

It's always nice to get different language viewpoints, thanks for the 'heads up' :)

ak

•••
Hi, if you dont mind my side question :)

Is it today possible to enter a symbol site as the one you have there?

If you develope it how can I access it, do I need to have an plugin to Internet Explorer to be able to access the site?

Best regards,

•••
Well, it may well change these forever. It seems that symbol domains are going to get dropped from Nameprep with the adoption of Unicode 5, which will mean they will no longer resolve through the DNS.

Framework is going to be put in place in Paris for the adoption of New TLDs which will include Fast Track IDN.IDN for ccTLDs.

Expect to have some IDN.IDN operational by year end.

phantom4444 said:

.tv

Then I thought let's see if I can get yingyang.tv too. I know yinyang, yingyang two different spellings for the same thing - common symbol........

I settled on yingyang to go with it so I can do a duel assault on the public! :tu:

Hope all is good in idn land.

p.s. What is going to happen in Paris? I keep hearing talk that it's going to change IDN's forever.......Rubber duck, can you fill me in please?

Thanks

ak

•••
Rubber Duck said:
Well, it may well change these forever. It seems that symbol domains are going to get dropped from Nameprep with the adoption of Unicode 5, which will mean they will no longer resolve through the DNS.

Framework is going to be put in place in Paris for the adoption of New TLDs which will include Fast Track IDN.IDN for ccTLDs.

Expect to have some IDN.IDN operational by year end.

RB,

How do you think about IDN.IDN ? Will it change the current IDN market ?
Thanks,

James

•••
RB,

How do you think about IDN.IDN ? Will it change the current IDN market ?
Thanks,

James

•••
There is going to be massive publicity about IDN from the introduction of IDN.IDN. In many cases whilst that publicity is going out the only thing you are going to be able to register is IDN.com. Yes, in some markets ccTLDs may provide a lot of competition, but it hasn't really had a massive impact on the status of IDN.com in China where IDN.IDN already resolve. The dot Com brand is massive and will cope with the competition just as it by and large it has survived ccTLD competition elsewhere. I firmly expect aliasing of dot com to IDN.IDN format, and believe that it will be the existing registration that count.

•••
•••
thanks lipps. :)

Lots to read.

•••
Where do you reg this novelty domain names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back