IT.COM

.tv .TV Premium Auction at SEDO - Starts April 1st 2010!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&auctionevent=tvPremium

Just found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some of those names are the hottest .tv's anyone can have. This will be a massive test for .tv and I hope it can prove all the doubters wrong. :)

•••
Some incredible Keyword.tv's there!

How do we find out what the premium renewal prices are?
I don't see those fees anywhere.

•••
Certain .tv domains considered premium by the registry are subject to registry renewal fees that can be higher than the typical fee. Registry regulations require premium .tv domains to remain only at Enom.

Is it an understatement to publish, "that can be higher than the typical fee" IYHO's? :guilty:

Also, and I may be missing something ... shouldn't each "premium" domain being auctioned specifically list its ANNUAL RECURRING Premium Reg. fee amount for interested bidders? :$: :yell:

Kind regards,
Jeff B-)

•••
I clicked a link for more info,
It directed me to enom.
I typed in that .tv domain, and no Premium yearly renewal price...

Am I missing something here?

•••
This is weird. I just checked enom and wine.tv is available for 10,000 a year... so how can it be on sedo auction? Or is there a bug in the enom system? lol..

•••
This is weird. I just checked enom and wine.tv is available for 10,000 a year... so how can it be on sedo auction? Or is there a bug in the enom system? lol..

Maybe it's an Enom/Sedo Partnership Auction???

•••
They got us ... now I get it ... Happy April Fool's Day! :rolleyes: :p

Enjoy,
Jeff B-)

•••

What I mean is that I shouldn't be able to get to the checkout page on enom if these names are due to be auctioned soon. Perhaps this is a bug they need to address. I will email enom to inform them.

Thanks

Dave

•••
[/COLOR]
What I mean is that I shouldn't be able to get to the checkout page on enom if these names are due to be auctioned soon. Perhaps this is a bug they need to address. I will email enom to inform them.

Thanks

Dave

Thx Dave,
Keep us Posted. :)

They got us ... now I get it ... Happy April Fool's Day! :rolleyes: :p

Enjoy,
Jeff B-)

lol,

Now that would just be CRUEL!

•••
Just checked advertising.tv, archive.tv and auctions.tv at whois - ICANN Registrar is Sedo auction.
I think the same is with all names.
Probably Enom just selling the names via Sedo

•••

Last edited:
•••
Now that would just be CRUEL!

I think we've been played! :red: :imho:

PS. I guess that all "Premium Reg. fee's" would have been $10,000 / annually / each? :-/

or possibly verisign has redesignated these non-premium and these are being sold as is for the highest bid without future premium renewal fees. that would take them out of enom/dm's territory since they only have the exclusive right to sell premium names.

if it is the case that these have no premium fees then i expect to see some fairly spirited bidding. but they are going to have to make that point very clear. otherwise i dot see this auction generating much interest at all.

^ Thanks for the solid input; look forward to what's really going on here ... and if it's going to be an auction with all pertinent price / renewal disclosures, etc. :gl:
Regards,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
I told everyone some interesting news was coming. ;)
(I was asked not to disclose what I discovered.)
But there's more info on the horizon. Possibly, a game-changer.
Supposedly, we'll all learn more on Friday.

There are some real gems on that list. I am excited to see what happens next.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

perhaps you're checking an older database...

wine.tv is reserved for the sedo auction

now, wines.tv is available for $10K/yr via enom

•••
I told everyone some interesting news was coming. ;)
(I was asked not to disclose what I discovered.)
But there's more info on the horizon. Possibly, a game-changer.
Supposedly, we'll all learn more on Friday.

There are some real gems on that list. I am excited to see what happens next.

it's a funny thing about progress. There are so many occasions where it has been delayed, but it has never, ever been stopped.

I will await any good news whenever it arrives as I know that it eventually will regardless of any vain attempt to derail this train.

Hell yeah, this is becoming fun agin!

•••
I want to believe in a good things, but truly I think it would be the second Amsterdam :)

•••
Hell yeah, this is becoming fun again!

Possibly, a game-changer.

Not to digress too far here, but the teeny isle of Tuvalu negotiated its lease to effect ".TV" registrations ... in the Year 2000. :red:

Though I do look forward to more detailed information regarding the auction on Friday, thanks.
Best,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
Interesting, it reminds me when they sold the reserved .mobis...

Im not saying .tv is anything like .mobi, but the sedo auction did stir up ALOT of interest for the extension.

•••
•••
Yes it is disappointing to see a premium .TV auction without clear disclosure of the renewals (unless the renewals aren't premium but then it would seem strange to call it a premium .TV auction). The extension gets its fair share of criticism so it will be interesting to see what interest there is in what are some nice names. If the renewals are $10K/yr in this economy I doubt there will be heated bidding. But IMO the auction will draw attention to the extension and the outcome may influence the industry's viewpoint toward .TV domain acquisition.

•••
•••
Yes it is disappointing to see a premium .TV auction without clear disclosure of the renewals (unless the renewals aren't premium but then it would seem strange to call it a premium .TV auction).

They will HAVE to show the yearly renewal prices, as that is the bottom line of the sale.
and I agree with you about it being called a "Premium Auction" meaning they most likely will not remove the yearly premium renewal pricing.
Although if they did it would be an incredibly exciting Auction!

Dumb thought of the day...
Whether it IS a Standard Premium (yearly renewal) auction or not, either way there will be a lot of eyes on this auction.
I think it would be a great idea to have some of our .tv domains on auction at the same time.
The auction starts on: Apr/01/10 06:00 PM CET

I mean it won't just be us (the NP .tv Forum) at the Sedo auction throughout the week.
It will be the whole World of .tv investors, developers, producers, videographers, etc.
They will all be at Sedo during the week of Apr. 1st to the 8th looking for their .tv domain.

So,
What if we created a thread of our available .tv's that we would send to auction and our auction starting bid price e.g.: GoCart.tv/$200...and then send them to auction right around the same time Apr. 1st 6:00 PM CET so that we would have an entire week of more views on our .tv's in auction then at any other time during the year. We would be riding the coattails of Enom/Sedo and using their power of advertising to get that one more potential buyer.

Does that make sense? Would anyone be interested?

•••
What if we created a thread of our available .tv's that we would send to auction and our auction starting bid price e.g.: GoCart.tv/$200...and then send them to auction right around the same time Apr. 1st 6:00 PM CET so that we would have an entire week of more views on our .tv's in auction then at any other time during the year. We would be riding the coattails of Enom/Sedo and using their power of advertising to get that one more potential buyer.

Does that make sense? Would anyone be interested?

Good idea! I'm interested :)

•••
Good idea! I'm interested :)

Cool TwoMoon!

All I needed was one person to be interested in this idea for me to create a thread.
Gonna go do it now.

•••
...Caveat Emptor©...

Jeff B-)

Hey, Dude,

I use caveat emptor myself. What's with the cirlce c(unless the "c" stands for Caesar)? :guilty:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back