NameSilo

.tv .tv good or bad everyone weigh in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.TV good or bad

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
right now: good
when the reg fee drops to less than $10: excellent.

AmCy

•••
How are you doing with Joy.tv AMCy?

•••
equity78 said:
How are you doing with Joy.tv AMCy?

I've made some initial solicitations: nothing so far. But I'm not worried about this one ;)

I recent regged a 4 letter .TV domain name that happens to also be the "name" of a certain major celebrity; might be a bumpy road with this one :laugh:

AmCy

PS: Hint: do you believe in life after love? :notme:

•••
Nice dude I would not worry about Joy either that sweet and I get the other one NICe

•••
very few sales and and a limited market, I voted bad.

•••
I dont understand why prices of .tv are so high...
I demand to low the prices...and I'll buy some...
Try me .tv guys

•••
I agree wow about pricing don't understand it to hear them speak its like TV is the most recognizable two letter combo so we can charge a premium. JOKE I own some agree with TV most popular combo but tots.tv $10,000 a year to register?

•••
they haven't lowered prices much since the .tv boom a few years ago though they say they will now negotiate. Lots of people did register domains at those high prices, needless to say pretty much all of those people were badly burnt.

•••
•••
I'm not finding enough interest from Buyers of any kind .... Too High a Price for a limited market - Yes I said limited Market - :) - Any Large "TV" Industry already has their domains in place and I dont see any of them being knocked off the top of the Mountain by any new comers .... Cable Channels may be interested in some ... But most of those with any "Real" Cash Flow already have theirs in line as well ~

Good Luck ~

•••
Thanks to everyone that voted so far to those who voted No which I totally respect Becuase I have doubts. ! even If price went down to say $19.99 or Even $9.99 you still don't like? 2 Then this means that.cc or .ws or .sc really stink because at least TV has a resonance in th eaverage persons psyche Thank you

•••
•••
Im not a domain name "boff" but i dont see why every-day people would need a .tv domain, TV shows/TV Companies maybee... but .com is cheaper, and most people would just type .com first of all anyway.. wouldnt they?

•••
THat's a very valid point Joeski

•••
AmCy said:
I've made some initial solicitations: nothing so far. But I'm not worried about this one ;)

I recent regged a 4 letter .TV domain name that happens to also be the "name" of a certain major celebrity; might be a bumpy road with this one :laugh:

AmCy

PS: Hint: do you believe in life after love? :notme:

cher.tv maybe ??? :hehe:

•••
I see more .tv popping up in television commercials. However, they are very strong fits associated w/ television.

•••
As I see it, .tv really only has two potential uses. Television and Tuvalu. To me that very much limits it's usability.

...not to mention the high prices and the fact that Verisign manages it.

•••
.tv is by far the best of the "fake" Global TLDS.

•••
If most people think it's for Television then whats the problem?

I like .TV

•••
Qwert said:
If most people think it's for Television then whats the problem?

I like .TV

I think most people like the .TV TLD but they don't like Verisign's handling of it.

AmCy

•••
ok, but the reg fee is too high

•••
•••
I like .tv, but don't think it works with as many generic keywords as some other ccTLD's.. just my opinion tho. They'd be great for public access shows IMO and tv related domains. I just don't see them as working as well with bakedbeans or cottonshirts, etc.

•••
This is interesting this dude paid six figures for www.Movies.tv and just regged in September goes to PPC

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back