IT.COM

.tv .TV good for anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anyone doing anything good with the .TV

Anyone care to explain why they're so much?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Plasma.tv sold for a good amount ($20,000 if I recall correctly) via greatdomains. However, there are very few domains that really work with the .tv extension, so this kind of sale would be very much an exception to the rule that most keyword.tv domains aren't worth much at all.

•••
armstrong said:
Plasma.tv sold for a good amount ($20,000 if I recall correctly) via greatdomains. However, there are very few domains that really work with the .tv extension, so this kind of sale would be very much an exception to the rule that most keyword.tv domains aren't worth much at all.

That's a very balanced viewpoint, strong. Let case studies prove themselves out. A good example is http://www.online.tv . The site with a supposed 4,000 .tv domains is still up, but the last update appears to be in 2002.

•••
i don't think the future of the .tv extension is in keywords but rather in tv shows. take a look @ winxclub.tv's OVT and all it does is forward to the foxbox.tv site.

•••
.TV is good 4 online entertainment, i just bought one a couple of months ago.

•••
justownonedomain said:
.TV is good 4 online entertainment, i just bought one a couple of months ago.

Do they have online entertainment on the teeny isle of Tuvalu? :gl:

(Don't jump down my throat, folks ... it's simply for discussion purposes ... ). ;) :talk:
Thanks.
B-)

•••
Would work well for tv shows lol

•••
I've only bought one .tv (so far), www.NANO.tv
So called NANO TVs are under development now, and they are supposed to replace the Plasma TVs in a couple of years (I hope), so the extension should fit that one quite well.. :)

•••
Redleg said:
I've only bought one .tv (so far), www.NANO.tv
So called NANO TVs are under development now, and they are supposed to replace the Plasma TVs in a couple of years (I hope), so the extension should fit that one quite well.. :)
but you will need to renew it for a couple of years as well....

•••
1rrr1 said:
but you will need to renew it for a couple of years as well....
That's no problem..
Right now it's paying for it's own renewal fees just by the type-ins it gets.. :)
(around 1-2 pr day...)

•••
i just bought realism tv and terrible tv for shirt buttons so i dunno yet... Ive either got a bumper bonanza or some more lame ducks to add to the collection.. :)

•••
.TV are great for entertainment and may be jokes site?
I have www.kricket.tv :)

•••
JARK said:
Anyone doing anything good with the .TV

Yes, Verisign is making some good money, and the islands of Tuvalu probably don't need to have taxes any more with the income from these domains.

Anyone care to explain why they're so much?

1. Verisign is involved.

2. The entertainment industry is rich (look what they pay movie stars).

3. Speculators think they can get some money from the entertainment industry.

4. Because some people are actually paying the prices.

5. Because some people don't have a clue. :-D

What really gets me is that some people don't reven realize that those high reg prices are not even like the high prices to buy a domain on the secondary market. Those are the ANNUAL registration prices every year.

Tuvalu is a world class scuba diving site. I once was very pleased to see scuba.tv was available, until it showed up in my shopping cart at 6 figures per year. Good bye, that was the last time I tried to reg a .tv domain.

•••
Well more .tv's are developed than you think I was looking at some names taken and then looking up and more were developed then I thought some good three letters taken seems to have some popularity in Japan when I looked up whois some three letter ones were Japanese.

developed sites I saw were
www.jenna.tv
www.h2o.tv

Someone from Verisign told me peopl e on forums don't know what they are talking about they have made many sales maybe we need to inform people a little better. I guess so

•••
yeah men if you have like tv company or tv show its good to buy a .tv domain name

•••
.TV is good for online entertainment pertaining to TV stations... different products with the abbrv. TV in them..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back