NameSilo

interviews Trying to explain domaining to 2 Swedish IT Experts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandEntrance.com

Open 24/7/365Top Member
Impact
I Spoke to them in Swedish about domaining.

They told me I was an asshole and that anybody can register a domain name and that I was an asshole... That comment taken back when I... Well yeah...

Were they right?

"Sweden is THE best country in the world for IT" they told me

Some idiots Will side with Them...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most "IT"/tech/geeks/nerds that I know have almost zero people skills...

If Sweden is the best country, why isn't Google/Apple/etc head office located there?

Note..I have nothing against the Swedes

Last edited:
•••
Sure, anyone can register a domain. Just as many people can kick a soccer ball. Some do it for nothing and some live lavish lifestyles as a result of their abilities to kick a soccer ball.

Apologies to those that refer to soccer as football or futbol. :xf.smile:

•••
Anyone can buy a house.
Anyone can buy shares.
Anyone can buy any asset.

Domaining is no different from any other business - buying an asset at one price and trying to sell it for more.

When I go shopping, is the supermarket giving me the same price they paid?

That said, I'm a developer too, and I do get frustrated at some domainers completely unrealistic price expectations. But for the most part they're just harming themselves as there's always alternatives.

Last edited:
•••
If your in IT and ignore domains you will always be working for someone else. Keep it up we all need good IT guys to develop our ideas oh and Volvo sux. The first servers I had were Holland 20 odd years ago and were run by Dutch and Swedish was so hard to communicate in English best of times.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back