IT.COM

Transfer from Dreamhost to another host

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

czardomains

Account Closed
Impact
Hello,

Can anyone recommend me some hostings that can transfer all my 200+ websites from Dreamhost for free when I purchase their hosting package that includes unlimited bandwidth and space.

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
is this for me?

Correct. If we don't allow unlimited offers, then we're certainly not going to allow for the solicitation of unlimited offers. ;)

Ultimately, this is for the protection of the good folks here at Namepros.

i am getting that DH is using different CPanel...why?

DH uses a custom control panel, that's just a choice that they have made.

•••
That why I am very very suspicious of unlimited space and bandwidth...

•••
Actually, I do not think you need unlimited hosting, firstly and obviously because this is an impossible type of hosting, moreover there are many hosts offering very large plans, like webhostgiant.com, for example. Really large and as really cheap. Allowing unlimited domains on the one asccount. think this would be suitable.

•••
I do second the suggestion to avoid the unlimited offers. You will be in trouble if you think you can use unlimited resources and again you may need to search for a new provider. It is better opt a reliable host who offers reasonable resources. Best of luck.

•••
I believe that you need to quit the idea about unlimited space and bandwidth first of all and be sure that any provider will be more then happy to assist you with transfering web sites.

•••
For 200 web sites I'd recommend you using VPS server.

•••
Man, I sure learned an expensive lesson about web hosting.

There is no such thing as unlimited space/bandwidth.

DH aka dreamHo-st or I called them DeadHost or DyingHost , their customer service sucks.

They ignored all my emails and they claimed they lost the emails.

No live support and their Cpanel is not standardize, and difficult to migrate to another hosting company.

Yike...stay away from them

Oh yea, they even wanted to terminated my account because they said I using too much space and bandwidth.

•••
Are you expecting a $7 per month shared account to host all the 200 sites? Free transfer on top of that?

Dreamhost has custom controlpanel, so there is no automatic way to transfer the site to another host, unlike the cpanel to cpanel automated transfer. So this is all about backing up and moving both files and database, restoring them, creating new mysql accounts, editing config files, setting file permissions etc. So obvously this is going to take time and a lot of money, atlest few thousands. If someone promise to do it for free, he is real dumb and will abandon it midway.

•••
alemcherry said:
Are you expecting a $7 per month shared account to host all the 200 sites? Free transfer on top of that?

Dreamhost has custom controlpanel, so there is no automatic way to transfer the site to another host, unlike the cpanel to cpanel automated transfer. So this is all about backing up and moving both files and database, restoring them, creating new mysql accounts, editing config files, setting file permissions etc. So obvously this is going to take time and a lot of money, atlest few thousands. If someone promise to do it for free, he is real dumb and will abandon it midway.
Thousands is alittle bit to pricey. Honestly your looking at someone charging a minniumn of 15$ an hour and probably doing 3 an hour (assuming there databases ect)

•••
I think that you will make the right decision to choose webintellects.com. This company allows to host unlimited domain names and offers unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Also you can try them for free today.

•••
Anderson777 said:
I think that you will make the right decision to choose webintellects.com. This company allows to host unlimited domain names and offers unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Also you can try them for free today.
He would learn nothing from that. I'm sure they have similar restrictions as bluehost as well as dreamhost.

He needs to choose a host that doesn't oversell. http://www.namepros.com/web-hosting-discussion/551039-dangers-of-unlimited-space-and-bandwidth.html

PLEASE CLICK THAT LINK

•••
why in the 1st place choose Dreamhost aka dyinghost or deadhost when they do things differently?
The worst thing is when the only customer support they have is via emails, they control the communications.

that S-ucks!!

I got this email from DH

Hello,

This is just a note to let you know your DreamHost account has been
disabled for violation of our Terms of Service listed here:

http://www.dreamhost.com/tos.html

Specifically, section 8 of Material Products, "Customer agrees to not
engage in activities pertaining to Black Hat SEO, Spamdexing, and so-
called "Scraper sites." These can all have a severely detrimental
effect on server performance and are not permitted."

As such, we have now closed your account effective immediately and
refunded all your money. It should show back up on your credit card
within 3-4 busines days.

Please do not attempt to sign up for service with DreamHost again in
the future.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Backup your sites if you can quickly. And be prepaired to sign up for a VPS

•••
@ OP, you know gazzin.com offers cluster service (dedis) that are dedicated high traffic web sites. Sites that have high volume of static or dynamic content has the ability to utilize their cluster services and I hope they will be o'k for you.

•••
You may try to look through the offers of webhostingbuzz.com
- this company is not unlimited (what is good as you may see), but I think they are able to accept so great amount of site painlessly... However it depends on amout of resourced you need to run them. for the case they ghave excellent VPS offers, discounted at the moment.

•••
JamesIsCool said:
Backup your sites if you can quickly. And be prepaired to sign up for a VPS
As rule that should be done in help with web hosting provider.

•••
microvps said:
As rule that should be done in help with web hosting provider.
True unfortuntly many people plain and simply dont

•••
You get what you pay for. If you don't at least do some efforts to get it.

•••
I was with DH since 2001 and they dropped me...but I fired them!!

My gain their loss...they will lose lots of business now!!!

DH aka DyingHost aka DeadHost.

they did not even pay me for the rest of the service I did not use!!!

•••
Yah its common practice for companys (unlike me) that care for there customers. Good luck moving your sites.

•••
Best now, my sites are hosted in the same city and I know those people-support the local economy and have live tech support.
DH only have email support, it is a one way street and they can ignore all your emails which they do to me.

Phew...I sure learned my lesson fast

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back