Dynadot

.mobi trafficconditions.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
Just regged trafficconditions.mobi , I figured people who are driving or traveling in busy and congested areas might be interested to know the traffic conditions on the roads ahead. I am puzzled by seeing so many domains being regged lately that are not in any way related to what people on the go might need, is there something that I don’t know because it’s hard to justify some of those domains.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some people see .mobi as just being for "people on the go" whereas others see .mobi as opening up the web to mobile devices. Personally, I think that good keywords not specifically for "people on the go" will be valuable and have regged many on that speculation. Of course I have some more "mobile" orientated names as well just in case :)

•••
neobodhi said:
Some people see .mobi as just being for "people on the go" whereas others see .mobi as opening up the web to mobile devices. Personally, I think that good keywords not specifically for "people on the go" will be valuable and have regged many on that speculation. Of course I have some more "mobile" orientated names as well just in case :)
Could not agree with you more. I too have gone both ways (SEE MY SIGNATURE) I think names for people on the go is great, BUT not everyone will be on the go, think about the person sitting at a cafe waiting to meet up with somebody and desides to "surf" the net for his favorite dvd?

•••
So lets categorize mobile users into two groups, those who are using their mobile devices to surf the internet and just want to keep themselves busy and entertained and then those who actually need something right away and are looking for a site that is useful to them. Either way when people are away from home they are usually busy doing something and running some errands and they can’t take their time searching the net like when they are at home. There are many websites that they might use their mobile devices to visit and they might not be bothered by the limitations of time, access, and conditions that is on them, but there are also many websites that they might prefer to visit on their PC so that they can take their time and not be distracted by other things. I am afraid that there might be some sites that people might never use with their mobile devices at least not in a meaningful or profitable way. So in my opinion domains have to be selected very carefully if the websites are to be accessed on mobile devices, there might be many high traffic websites that people are used to surfing at home that they might not necessarily visit when away from home, and vice versa there might be sites that don’t get much traffic from home users which might surprisingly get a lot of traffic from mobile users. I guess time will tell as to what habits people will develop when it comes to using the internet while away from home, but some of it could be predicted if only people looked at their own way of using the internet. IMO

•••
Great name.

Where did you reg? Want to double your $ in a night?

Push it to me. I'll buy it.

Jeremy

oldtimer said:
Just regged trafficconditions.mobi , I figured people who are driving or traveling in busy and congested areas might be interested to know the traffic conditions on the roads ahead. I am puzzled by seeing so many domains being regged lately that are not in any way related to what people on the go might need, is there something that I don’t know because it’s hard to justify some of those domains.

•••
I’ll pass on your offer, can you let some of the rest of us become millionaires too :laugh:

•••
hahah... PM me your price.

Also, PM your other names.

:) No worries.

oldtimer said:
I’ll pass on your offer, can you let some of the rest of us become millionaires too :laugh:

•••
Nice name Oldtimer.
Actually there are lots of traffic sites still available.
Here are some .Mobi traffic sites you might like to register.

TheTraffic.mobi
TrafficSite.mobi
TrafficPortal.mobi
TrafficNet.mobi
TrafficWeb.mobi
TrafficBuddy.mobi
TrafficMate.mobi
TrafficZone.mobi
YourTraffic.mobi
TrafficToday.mobi
TrafficHelp.mobi
TrafficData.mobi
TrafficService.mobi
TrafficScout.mobi
TrafficWorld.mobi
WorldTraffic.mobi
TrafficRouter.mobi
TrafficScene.mobi
TrafficPro.mobi
TrafficSpy.mobi
TrafficScan.mobi
TrafficHelper.mobi
TrafficAid.mobi
TrafficAide.mobi
TrafficAssistant.mobi

Regards
Fred

Last edited:
•••
oldtimer said:
There are many websites that they might use their mobile devices to visit and they might not be bothered by the limitations of time, access, and conditions that is on them, but there are also many websites that they might prefer to visit on their PC so that they can take their time and not be distracted by other things. I am afraid that there might be some sites that people might never use with their mobile devices at least not in a meaningful or profitable way. So in my opinion domains have to be selected very carefully if the websites are to be accessed on mobile devices...
I completely agree with this line of thinking....in fact, this key difference between .mobi and PC-based sites is reflected in the technical guidelines/requirements for the former by the registry. IMO, one can envision PC-based sites continuing to provide increasingly richer multimedia experience merging with today's TV and in fact themselves becoming much more "mobile friendly" due to increasing availability of "anywhere" wireless broadband; on the other hand, the sites developed for the smaller mobile screens would be geared more towards "on the go" user with relatively simple, to the point, focused content delivery best exemplified by yellow pages.

•••
trafficnet is the best below.

:)

can anyone get to it before me?

binaryman said:
Here are some .Mobi traffic sites you might like to register. :laugh:

TheTraffic.mobi
TrafficSite.mobi
TrafficPortal.mobi
TrafficNet.mobi
TrafficWeb.mobi
TrafficPortal.mobi
TrafficBuddy.mobi
TrafficZone.mobi
YourTraffic.mobi
TrafficToday.mobi
TrafficHelp.mobi
TrafficService.mobi
TrafficScout.mobi
TrafficWorld.mobi
WorldTraffic.mobi
TrafficRouter.mobi
TrafficScene.mobi
TrafficPro.mobi
TrafficSpy.mobi
TrafficScan.mobi
TrafficOversight.mobi

Regards
Fred

•••

Last edited:
•••
Well dry your tears Biogamble ...there are some better ones in the list above for you to register. :laugh:

•••
I really don't prefer these names. I believe that "the shoter the better" for Mobi Domain. It is paniful to type those long name with 0-9 keyboard

•••
Quote"I really don't prefer these names. I believe that "the shoter the better" for Mobi Domain. It is paniful to type those long name with 0-9 keyboard"Unquote

Well my friend nobody is telling you to register any. I only posted them as Oldtimer had regged a rather long name containing"Traffic" If you look carefully you will see that most of the names I give here are shorter then that. In fact quite a few of the names I posted in my list are quite short generally. You cant of course get shorter then TRAFFIC itself but that has been taken. So TRAFFICNET is not so long is it?
Anyway I think your perception that short is the absolute requirement for .MOBI is incorrect and not attainable. If that was the only criteria it would not leave too much choice of names across the whole spectrum. I think enough has been said on this forum already about short and not short. I myself have a mobile phone with slide-away Qwerty keyboard and it's just as easy to type long names on it as it is on my PC keyboard. The concensus seems to be that with current and emerging technology in the mobile field it should not be a negative factor.
Regards
Fred

Last edited:
•••
binaryman said:
Quote"I really don't prefer these names. I believe that "the shoter the better" for Mobi Domain. It is paniful to type those long name with 0-9 keyboard"Unquote

Well my friend nobody is telling you to register any. I only posted them as Oldtimer had regged a rather long name containing"Traffic" If you look carefully you will see that most of the names I give here are shorter then that. ....

Hi friend,

Did I mention that you tell me to register them? or I am thinking about pick some of them? No :gl: I just express my feeling about this "Traffic" names. Everyone is free to say he like or dislike a Domain.

Looks you think much more than I thought. That may make you be very tired :gl:

Take it easy.

•••
The state of Washington just started a traffic site for mobile phones. It is very good and may be the standard for future sites. It's just too bad the url is so long. www.wsdot.wa.gov/small/. WSDOT.mobi is still available.

•••
Quote"Hi friend,

Did I mention that you tell me to register them? or I am thinking about pick some of them? No I just express my feeling about this "Traffic" names. Everyone is free to say he like or dislike a Domain.

Looks you think much more than I thought. That may make you be very tired

Take it easy."Unquote

:laugh: Did I irk you? Sorry, that was not my intention. It's not only about "TRAFFIC" though. DotMOBI is not only for LLL's or NNN's
If that was the case .Mobi might as well not have been created.
Anyway here is a list of domains you own.
igz.mobi (Internet Game Zone)
emw.mobi (E Music World)
sgu.mobi (SGU is the Acronym of Serveral Universties)
cdx.mobi (Could be used for music site or game site)
dcv.mobi (Digital Camera View)
ikm.mobi (Information & Knowledge Management)
iua.mobi (International Underwriting Association
iya.mobi (Iya is a female name)
idating.mobi
cpay.mobi
edrug.mobi
egirl.mobi and egirls.mobi
esexy.mobi
epets.mobi
ftvgirl.mobi and ftvgirls.mobi (ftv = First Time Video)
gotour.mobi
iadult.mobi
ipro.mobi
iparty.mo

I like IDating.mobi but I dont think it has much value in $$ terms. The rest I dont like so much. Epets and Iparty has some potential as well perhaps.
Free Speech Rules as you say.

Last edited:
•••
boy oh boy touchy touchy ... and i thought this thread was about opinions on trafficconditions.mobi?

good name btw, a little long and the double cc might hurt, but could be a very useful site.

Last edited:
•••
binaryman said:
Hi friend,
I like IDating.mobi but I dont think it has much value in $$ terms. The rest I dont like so much.

Same, I don't like my other Mobi's much but hard to find very strongh one already :laugh: :laugh:

Nerver think myself and my Domains are perfect, otherwise I were not a poor guy already ;) ;)

•••
"what the hell is the bickering all about - infoicq meant nothing by his comments?"

Last edited:
•••
namewaiter said:
what the hell is the bickering all about - infoicq meant nothing by his comments?

I have no idea either.

Would stop replying this post >:(

•••
Namewaiter.. Why pick sides and try make me look like a villain. I only tried to be helpful by posting some nice domains for people to grab. Further then that I did not ask for anything and was quite courteous in my replies.
And why edit and remove your original comment?
"Originally Posted by namewaiter
what the hell is the bickering all about - infoicq meant nothing by his comments?"

Infoicq
"I have no idea either." REALLY?
"Would stop replying this post >:("
So why be mad? You gave an opinion where none was asked for.
What a storm in a teacup over nothing actually. Sorry I got embroiled in this.

Last edited:
•••
Getting back on track,...

oldtimer said:
So lets categorize mobile users into two groups, those who are using their mobile devices to surf the internet and just want to keep themselves busy and entertained and then those who actually need something right away and are looking for a site that is useful to them. Either way when people are away from home they are usually busy doing something and running some errands and they can’t take their time searching the net like when they are at home. There are many websites that they might use their mobile devices to visit and they might not be bothered by the limitations of time, access, and conditions that is on them, but there are also many websites that they might prefer to visit on their PC so that they can take their time and not be distracted by other things. I am afraid that there might be some sites that people might never use with their mobile devices at least not in a meaningful or profitable way. So in my opinion domains have to be selected very carefully if the websites are to be accessed on mobile devices, there might be many high traffic websites that people are used to surfing at home that they might not necessarily visit when away from home, and vice versa there might be sites that don’t get much traffic from home users which might surprisingly get a lot of traffic from mobile users. I guess time will tell as to what habits people will develop when it comes to using the internet while away from home, but some of it could be predicted if only people looked at their own way of using the internet. IMO

...I also totally agree with this, and that at first, the mobile internet will be used on a course along these lines. It will take a few years, and technological improvements in devices, before the main stream public will use mobile surfing and interneting as they do on a pc. The early usages will be mostly for info, entertainment and some shopping. As oldtimer noted in a previous thread, those that want to capitalize from their mobi domains as the early .comer's did, are missing the boat, if they are not looking for names that will be practical to this type of interneting, and to the process and stages the mobile internet will go thru as it starts out to be, and as it evolves, over the years. Who at this time is going to fill out forms on mobile device at this time, when they can do it on a full keyboard at home or office, has too much time on their hands. When the keyboards / intelligence of the devices become more user friendly for this type of useage then yeah. And, I just don't see typos and vanity names as wise investments at this time of still having the availability of good practical .mobi names. If you plan to hold on to them for 3-5+ years, sure. I think a lot of people will be looking back in two years or so, and be asking themselves - "..what was I thinking then?!?"

I think TrafficConditions.mob is a good and very sellable name. GL OT.

•••
I just hope people don't try to punch in t-r-a-f-f-i-c-c-o-n-d-i-t-i-o-n-s.mobi while on the freeway!!!

•••
Thanks for your suggestions, those are good domains, but I came up with one myself and I think it relates to what I want better.

binaryman said:
Nice name Oldtimer.
Here are some .Mobi traffic sites you might like to register.

TheTraffic.mobi
TrafficSite.mobi
TrafficPortal.mobi
TrafficNet.mobi
TrafficWeb.mobi
TrafficBuddy.mobi
TrafficMate.mobi
TrafficZone.mobi
YourTraffic.mobi
TrafficToday.mobi
TrafficHelp.mobi
TrafficData.mobi
TrafficService.mobi
TrafficScout.mobi
TrafficWorld.mobi
WorldTraffic.mobi
TrafficRouter.mobi
TrafficScene.mobi
TrafficPro.mobi
TrafficSpy.mobi
TrafficScan.mobi
TrafficHelper.mobi
TrafficAid.mobi
TrafficAide.mobi
TrafficAssistant.mobi

Regards
Fred

I am hoping that soon the search engines will start giving priority to mobi domains for searches done on mobile devices and I belive that if a name relates to what people find useful they might click on it and bookmark it even if it is not short. They might acctually type in “traffic” in the search box and then click on the results that catch their attention. I just came up with and regged trafficmaps.mobi , traffic maps are like street maps but they also show live traffic conditions on the main roads so that people can avoid construction, accident, and stand still areas. I like the plural version because it relates better to maps for more than one area or city.

On the side note, It is recommended that drivers pull over when surfing the net or have it done by one of their passengers.

ezinaz said:
I just hope people don't try to punch in t-r-a-f-f-i-c-c-o-n-d-i-t-i-o-n-s.mobi while on the freeway!!!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back