IT.COM

question Traffic domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What is considered a traffic domain and how much traffic does it get to get a decent amount of cash from it ?!

I have one parked domain and these are the plesk stats:

ERQZRKZ.png

I am not thinking of selling the domain since I like it and have a good developing idea about it, but just curious on what is the market out there.

Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well parking as a whole is severely handicapped in this day and age (unless you're a big wig) but honestly that seems like about 10-12 uniques a day - not bad but not anything really noteworthy. Would probably be much better fully developed.

•••
•••
Monetising requires good traffic not just volumes. If you believe your domain has natural traffic and that traffic is really into buying things (ie. converting) then, depending upon the niche, even 1 visitor a day can bring really good money.

'Traffic' domains, when we're talking about parking, are considered those that have like xxx/x,xxx visitors per day and, usually, are better off in zero-click. Zero-click will eventually destroy your domain's value since it will be attached to all sorts of bad ads, redirections, etc.

•••
I am interested in a traffic domain not just because of the advertisement, but to bring more people to the website itself once is developed.

•••
I am interested in a traffic domain not just because of the advertisement, but to bring more people to the website itself once is developed.

Hah, my apologies then but whenever I read 'traffic domain' there is usually a hidden need to park such a domain from the one that started the thread :)

I'm definitely not expert in developing but as a user I believe that, no matter your initial traffic, if your work on the site is appealing then people will start visit and your domain will 'become' a traffic domain no doubt.

•••
@Hypersot well said. The more time and appealing, original content you put in, the more traffic you will get.

•••
•••
In that case, existing traffic might be completely irrelevant. Depending on what and how you plan to develop the domain, the existing traffic might stop visiting the site as the content is no longer relevant to them possibly for other reasons. What you should definitely focus more on though is quality content and user experience. This will result in immense SEO benefits which will help you acquire much more targeted and relevant audience/traffic organically. You can, of course, always supplant this organic traffic through paid marketing as well

•••
At the moment I only have the plesk parking page, so not much, don't know if they are bots or anything as these type of web stats are not that accurate or comprehensive.

•••
At the moment I only have the plesk parking page, so not much, don't know if they are bots or anything as these type of web stats are not that accurate or comprehensive.

Hi

you should use one of the parking services to quantify that traffic

see if it's real people or just bots or what

traffic is judged by it's quality and/or the likelihood that those visitors will convert into $

one real visitor a month can possibly earn more than 1000 bots in same period.

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back