IT.COM

information .top | The new / highest TLD with the highest number of registrations.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact

.top

The newww TLD with the highest number of registrations so far.
Not so long ago, the TLD .top topped .xyz, nowww it looks like .top will top .com soon (time is realtive).

The TLD .top is the only newww / highest TLD which has more than 2 million registrations so far, see the following screenshot which I have made todayyy to get this undenyable fact confirmed:

upload_2018-4-15_12-6-51.png

Source: https://namestat.org / April 15., 2018

This is simplyyy because the TLD .top is not anyyy traditional TLD, it's exactlyyy the .top TLD and a TLD called .top has the top - requirements for resulting in being the aslo the world's highest / top TLD in terms of registration numbers sooner or later.

It looks like that this top - trend will continue and therefore it looks like that soon (time is relative) the TLD .top will top the TLD .com because the top direction is the onlyyy logical direction where it can go if it grows and it all seems that it will growww

Have your sayyy

All the top,

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI
Owner of the most expensive domain of all time.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

And...
...it's possible that this newww realityyy can make you "speechless".

upload_2018-4-15_14-3-36.png

In this case you are welcome to share your thoughts about it @ another time.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Awesome, what a great hack - domain, definitelyyy the top "stop" - hack - domain in the www / in myyy viewww
Surelyyy veryyy expensive / not easyyy to payyy
Myyy congrats if it is yours!!!

Last edited:
•••
It could be the number one, but here
0 offers,
0 traffic,
0 interest,
$ 0 earn with .top domains.
Based on my OWN experience they have 0 value, even if they're the "number 1".

•••
It could be the number one, but here
0 offers,
0 traffic,
0 interest,
$ 0 earn with .top domains.
Based on my OWN experience they have 0 value, even if they're the "number 1".
Probably you have the "wrong" .top - domains because my experience is that I got offers / traffic / interest for some of my .top - domains and therefore the opportunityyy to earn moneyyy but I prefer to wait to let the value go up.

It's a newww TLD so it will "test" your patience more than traditional TLDs.

Last edited:
•••
"It's a newww TLD so it will "test" your patience more than traditional TLDs."
No is not new - have allready few years was introduced & same result - 0
Maybe you are exciting but personal nope
Best wishes to you

•••
"It's a newww TLD so it will "test" your patience more than traditional TLDs."
No is not new - have allready few years was introduced & same result - 0
Maybe you are exciting but personal nope
Best wishes to you
Thanks, time is relative.
Sure, it's not brand new - but from a "comparing it with traditional TLDs" - point it's still newww

•••
Of course time is relative - also we are (people) relative - in other words we die - so personal i don't have time to wait until .top will reach at least 10% (if) from value of .com or even .biz, .net traditional tld
Cheers

•••
It could be,maybe,but nobody have the crystal ball to predict the future ,and about the high number of registrations it could also be only because in the last years there were big discounts for this extension. There are discordant opinions. Someone say they are garbage, others say it is the future..

•••
well. I just had a look some registrar sell for 1.30 $

•••
Probably you have the "wrong" .top - domains
CUT

I don't think so.
Only 1 word singular.
English words like archive, aerobic, kinky, wicked.
German words like zimmer.
And as mentioned 0 interest.
1 view in parking every 3 months (1 view every 3 months!!! lol!!!).
Plus, every SERIOUS business, it's better to stay away from chinese extensions, they could take back your domain (where you've invested MONEY) when they want and without communication (happened to me).
You wake up in the morning and....... Your domain is disappeared.
We're here (I hope) to make business and money, not to play.

Last edited:
•••
Really MPLS?They could take back your .top domain?Holy ****!!!

•••
The number of reported .top sales at Namebio and DnPric.es shows hundreds of sales in 2014, 2015 and 2016 but just a VERY few ones in 2017 and 2018.

The demand seems to be gone after the "Chinese domain craze"...

•••
The number of reported .top sales at Namebio and DnPric.es shows hundreds of sales in 2014, 2015 and 2016 but just a VERY few ones in 2017 and 2018.

The demand seems to be gone after the "Chinese domain craze"...
Or there are so much sales happen in the background that there is no time to report them to namebio.com / dnpric.es / ... ;)

•••
Or there are so much sales happen in the background that there is no time to report them to namebio.com / dnpric.es / ... ;)

Highly unlikely... Most generic new gTLDs (.top, .xyz, .gdn, .ooo, .ltd etc) all shows (more or less) bad sale stats for 2017-2018. I agree that many sales are NOT reported to Namebio / Dnpric.es, but still they will provide a clue about the current trends. If there were 250 reported sales in one year and only 8 ones the next year, it is as good as statistically proven that the demand has decreased significantly.

•••
Ps. I sold a lot of .xyz names 1-2 years ago, but none the last 6 months. I don't sell any .pro names either at the moment. I am not trying to be biased, just relying on facts, based on existing data.

•••
Oh my, 2,036,712.

But, I'm pretty sure 132,562,854 > 2,036,712

Just 130,000,000+ more to go to catch up, hang in there.

•••
Highly unlikely... Most generic new gTLDs (.top, .xyz, .gdn, .ooo, .ltd etc) all shows (more or less) bad sale stats for 2017-2018. I agree that many sales are NOT reported to Namebio / Dnpric.es, but still they will provide a clue about the current trends. If there were 250 reported sales in one year and only 8 ones the next year, it is as good as statistically proven that the demand has decreased significantly.

True, statistics do not paint "a complete wrong picture" - but often they are not painting the "big picture".
The "big picture" in case of .top is that people (mainly endusers) are still "distracted" from other, "lower" TLDs and therefore they don't recognize the "highest" TLD (because they, symbolically meant, look in all directions - but not to top).

Ps. I sold a lot of .xyz names 1-2 years ago, but none the last 6 months. I don't sell any .pro names either at the moment. I am not trying to be biased, just relying on facts, based on existing data.

Due to the intense diversityyy of TLDs, domaining at whole has become one of the most unpredictable "businesses" at all.
That's why I prefer to deal with the TLD .top because I think it is the onlyyy TLD which has the potential to top .com one dayyy

Last edited:
•••
Well it was interesting to peruse that list Domain Illuminati, I don't normally take much notice of any of the 1,000 newtlds or even read the NP posts with it in the subject header. My suspicion is (and probably confirms my worry) that there's lots of New or probably just younger domain investors out there looking and hoping to latch on to the next-of-anything related to the internet but, don't have the time or willingness to explore the technology or product lines coming to market. So they prefer to put all their eggs in the lazy mans basket of probably owning hundreds if not thousands of domains based on recognised words with a 'New' dot in-between. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

it must be very tempting for those new to domain selling, as they put in a keyword into a registrars Search box and see an offer they can't refuse - No matter what the extension.
Unfortunately apart from some very clever hacks and some trade defence registrations I don't see anybody getting far with their $2 registrations as the renewals come around . apart from other new guys picking the same $2 route with another 'on-offer' extension.

ps I quite like the spiritual.energy hack. Perhaps we can ask the inventors of ascii code to triple the size of the full-stop for all the new stuff

Last edited:
•••
I don't sell any .pro names either at the moment.
As I know, you sold MEDICARE.PRO for $995 BIN via AfternicDLS...
Or not???

p.s. This domain is already renewed up to 2027.

•••
As I know, you sold MEDICARE.PRO for $995 BIN via AfternicDLS...
Or not???

p.s. This domain is already renewed up to 2027.

Yes, I did, but that was some time ago. I am keeping my best .xyz and .pro names though. You’ll never know. ;)

•••
This strictly depends how many domains you own...
I receive up to 3 inbound inquiries on my .PROs weekly...

•••
Well it was interesting to peruse that list Domain Illuminati, I don't normally take much notice of any of the 1,000 newtlds or even read the NP posts with it in the subject header. My suspicion is (and probably confirms my worry) that there's lots of New or probably just younger domain investors out there looking and hoping to latch on to the next-of-anything related to the internet but, don't have the time or willingness to explore the technology or product lines coming to market. So they prefer to put all their eggs in the lazy mans basket of probably owning hundreds if not thousands of domains based on recognised words with a 'New' dot in-between. I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

it must be very tempting for those new to domain selling, as they put in a keyword into a registrars Search box and see an offer they can't refuse - No matter what the extension.
Unfortunately apart from some very clever hacks and some trade defence registrations I don't see anybody getting far with their $2 registrations as the renewals come around . apart from other new guys picking the same $2 route with another 'on-offer' extension.

ps I quite like the spiritual.energy hack. Perhaps we can ask the inventors of ascii code to triple the size of the full-stop for all the new stuff

I agree that registering good keywords with random new extensions will probably fail, as a business model.

I bought my first domains in 1996 or 1997 and I sold my first name about a year later. Still I have had some (profitable) success with investing in new gTLDs. As today, I am mostly selling the ones where the keyword mix good with the TLD. My last inquiry was for other.world.

•••
This strictly depends how many domains you own...
I receive up to 3 inbound inquiries on my .PROs weekly...

About the same I get with new gTLDs... All together.

•••
Back