IT.COM

status-resolved Top Domains For Sale Post

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I tried to post the following in the Top Domains section:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/politics-tv.1027713

but I got the following alert: "Your thread Politics.tv was moved to a different forum. Reason: Not selected / Moved to make offer"

Can someone tell me if I did something wrong - or if the Administrator simply doesn't agree that the domain is worth at least $1,000? If the latter, I don't think he's very smart.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IMHO POLITICS.TV is easily worth more than $1,000 . I don't know the exact rules pf posting in that section

•••
I was brokering Us dot tv and it was refused too despite the usa tv sale so I think there isn't too much to add

•••
Thanks, Donnie (and aceeca). I think they just did away with our .tv section as well, no? I tried posting this thread to namepros.com/forums/dot-tv-discussion.107 - which I thought was still active - and it went to the general cctld section. Now they've moved this thread to NamePros Comments and Feedback. I guess with all the new GTLDs they can't have a section for every extension, but I think they should at least have a section for extensions which have had numerous five-figure sales (100 .tv sales of at least $13,000 are listed at https://namebio.com/?s==cDNxUTMxMTM).

NamePros, how about a little reasonableness here?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hello,

All domains submitted to the ‘Top Domains‘ section must pass a two-stage process: (1) qualification, and (2) selection. To qualify, the minimum requirement is that domains have a reseller value (not end user value) of at least $1,000 USD. When domains pass the qualification stage, they move on to the selection process, where only a small number of them will be chosen.

Eric you're a nice and kind person and I don't doubt there are many domains submitted that don't fit the criteria and moderators needs to do a hard job.
All that said, when I posted Us dot Tv I gave rejection 0% chances since I sold USA dot tv for 125K and this is probably even a better domain.
If you don't accept it I have to assume that you don't think dot TV belongs to that section. I can accept that, even if I disagree, but it could be stated clearly.

Have a great day.

Ale.

•••
I was brokering Us dot tv and it was refused too despite the usa tv sale so I think there isn't too much to add
If you don't accept it I have to assume that you don't think dot TV belongs to that section.
That exact domain is in the Top Domains section as shown here:

If it was rejected at a later date, then please refer to my previous message:

I hope that helps,

•••
we can only select a handful of domains each month, so many qualified domains will not be chosen due to the number of submissions in any given month.

I was unaware of this and will tell myself mine was rejected for this reason.

I don't really even care about being in there, it was just offensive lol

Last edited:
•••
I was unaware of this and will tell myself mine was rejected for this reason.

I don't really even care about being in there, it was just offensive lol
Maybe try again next month?
Personally, I wouldn't be offended..rejection is part of business ( and my dating life lol)

•••
If only we could all handle rejection so well as you.

Last edited:
•••
that thread from my quick check shows about 95%+ .com doamins
so if you're looking for patterns or whys, extension might be good place to start

•••
I don't know if the mod who responded to my reports will see this -- but the timing didn't seem clear to you. I submitted the three reports at once, then later I made my thread. Then I got the explanation and the information I was missing.

I didn't continue reporting things or report things after my thread, as you seemed to think.

I understand how it works now.

•••
that thread from my quick check shows about 95%+ .com doamins
so if you're looking for patterns or whys, extension might be good place to start
That's mostly due to submissions: 99% of all submissions to Top Domains are .com.

We sometimes approve non-.com domains that aren't that great just to get a little variety in there, but it really comes down to the lack of submissions for other extensions. ;)

I don't know if the mod who responded to my reports will see this
I don't know if the moderator will see this post, but if you want to make sure that they do see a message from you, the best way is to report the same thing again with your response, which will re-open the report they resolved and they'll see your message.

Hope that helps,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back