IT.COM

status-resolved Reasons why names are not selected for “Top domains”.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It would be great if NamePros actually told you why your name wasn’t selected for a “top domain”. I recently submitted (within the last 2 months) 2 .ca’s for “top domains” and both were rejected. One was a 1 word name with an Estibot value of $22,000. The other was a 2 letter, one word .ca which wasn’t “good enough” to make the cut somehow. I won’t list the domains here as I don’t want to promote them as this is not the reason of their post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say it is good as it is now because people make it personal and would attack if they know the person who made the decision about their domain.

That’s fair enough but we should at least know WHY it was declined. Right now There is no reason. Just that it was declined.

Last edited:
•••
Then they should have anonymous appraisals.

With appraisal section,,. and ‘top’ feedback too

Not “if rejected, dont submit ‘top’ again” wtf?
If it is not top now then maybe wait if it is a niche and becomes top someday...how about that?

•••
If it is not top now then maybe wait if it is a niche and becomes top someday...how about that?

Nah, they liked anonymous appraisal idea :)

Believe “appraisal section” needs anonymity, more than ‘top’ but different topic altogether. Idea; if worry about identity who give feedback of ‘top’; can easily make it anonymous? O_o

Heck mods, already ‘anonymous’ you can take step further, and get reply from “super admin” or something. Believe “super admin” is shared. get message from @Admin? There many ways feedback, while maintain anonymity. It’s Unfair.

Last edited:
•••
Reason always been there, No submissions under $1,000 resale value (wholesale price). It should be a name that you would have no problem getting $1,000 offers here or sell for a min of that on NameJet or GoDaddy Auctions.
Some two word .net qualify for top domain not sure why ? .. I won’t even pay $10 for it ....Mod says they have a board of people who decides...at the end of day, it’s not the true measure of values :) I have plenty of names that I submitted and Mod didn’t quality them as top domain and I sold them over $5000 on np in one day of posting

Last edited:
•••
That’s fair enough but we should at least know WHY it was declined. Right now There is no reason. Just that it was declined.
Mod once told me too many submissions so they had to decline some; don’t quote me on this but I find this trend on top domains of np:

LLL.com for sure top domain on np

Western quad 4L.com have high probability of getting selected

chinese chip rarely gets selected....

•••
@nafti just for reference, sure you've seen:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/the-selection-process-for-top-domains.1047414/

which doesn't go into the details you're probably looking for, but I'm sure the pickers get a ton of submissions and to create a personalized explanation for each rejection might take a whole lot of time. It would also end up with a lot of never-ending back and forth, as dn value can be subjective. Did you try to send a message to support, maybe they'd look into providing a rationale if through a special request?

•••

which doesn't go into the details you're probably looking for, but I'm sure the pickers get a ton of submissions and to create a personalized explanation for each rejection might take a whole lot of time. It would also end up with a lot of never-ending back and forth, as dn value can be subjective. Did you try to send a message to support, maybe they'd look into providing a rationale if through a special request?

What “back and forth”
there’s no reply possible? it’s anonymous.
There’s even no “appeal”?

Give us something, Throw us a bone ‘why’
“too many submits” better reason than nothing. better than no feedback, no reply..?

Last edited:
•••

I have read the submission requirements before. I understand what you’re saying so even a quick drop down option for the mods who say yes or no would be quick for them.

I submitted a 2 letter .ca before for top domains and it was rejected. I then waited a few days then submitted the same name again which was approved. So back to the actual meaning of this post. A reason for rejection would be greatly appreciated. :)

•••
An even “Your name has been accepted but a few other names are ahead of you for top domains so wait your damn turn” is good enough for me as well. ;)

•••
I have read the submission requirements before. I understand what you’re saying so even a quick drop down option for the mods who say yes or no would be quick for them.

I submitted a 2 letter .ca before for top domains and it was rejected. I then waited a few days then submitted the same name again which was approved. So back to the actual meaning of this post. A reason for rejection would be greatly appreciated. :)

yes same thing happened to me...Mod response was too many submissions and they suggested me to try again next month :)

•••
Some two word .net qualify for top domain not sure why ? .. I won’t even pay $10 for it ....Mod says they have a board of people who decides...at the end of day, it’s not the true measure of values :) I have plenty of names that I submitted and Mod didn’t quality them as top domain and I sold them over $5000 on np in one day of posting

I don't know I don't pick them, I really think it's much ado about nothing. because very few names in that section sell. It's just an ego thing that means nothing.

I know that Cola.com, 678.com or RGR.com are premium, valuable names, they don't need a special designation. And that designation does not help anything sell.

•••
Mod once told me too many submissions so they had to decline some; don’t quote me on this but I find this trend on top domains of np:

LLL.com for sure top domain on np

Western quad 4L.com have high probability of getting selected

chinese chip rarely gets selected....

Chinese chips no longer have a liquid value of $1,000 they are selling for half of that every day.

tfbc.com 536 USD 2020-04-24 NameJet
pbnz.com 351 USD 2020-04-24 DropCatch
lmbt.com 460 USD 2020-04-23 Sedo
qqsr.com 400 USD 2020-04-23 DropCatch
pbpk.com 373 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
ywcx.com 345 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
ntnk.com 311 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
jfnm.com 304 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
gsft.com 691 USD 2020-04-22 NameJet
zwjh.com 405 USD 2020-04-22 GoDaddy

•••
•••
Chinese chips no longer have a liquid value of $1,000 they are selling for half of that every day.

tfbc.com 536 USD 2020-04-24 NameJet
pbnz.com 351 USD 2020-04-24 DropCatch
lmbt.com 460 USD 2020-04-23 Sedo
qqsr.com 400 USD 2020-04-23 DropCatch
pbpk.com 373 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
ywcx.com 345 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
ntnk.com 311 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
jfnm.com 304 USD 2020-04-23 GoDaddy
gsft.com 691 USD 2020-04-22 NameJet
zwjh.com 405 USD 2020-04-22 GoDaddy

yeah that’s true but same thing can be said about western quad...in fact In average western quad has lower market value than chinese chip....so $1000 liquid value as rule is not really valid...they are plenty of names with for sure $1000 liquid value but won’t qualify for top domains ....:)

•••
It would be great if NamePros actually told you why your name wasn’t selected for a “top domain”.
We used to provide the reason, but it was too distracting from more important matters that need our attention.

Unfortunately, many members when presented with a reason will attack, argue, or intentionally try to create headaches for us in retaliation. It's not a productive use of anyone's time.

I recently submitted (within the last 2 months) 2 .ca’s for “top domains” and both were rejected.
Note: You do still have multiple .ca domain names approved and active in Top Domains.

I submitted a 2 letter .ca before for top domains and it was rejected. I then waited a few days then submitted the same name again which was approved.
Yes, this is because the valuation is only one part of the process, valuations change over time, different reviewers may value a domain differently, etc.

Here are some other relevant posts about Top Domains that explain it in more detail:

We hope that helps.

•••
Thanks for your reply. :)

Unfortunately, many members when presented with a reason will attack, argue, or intentionally try to create headaches for us in retaliation. It's not a productive use of anyone's time.

I promise not to do any of this stuff the next time I submit a name for top domains and it gets rejected. :) But as a paying member here, it would be nice if I knew why it was rejected.

Just an idea but perhaps paying members here who submit their names and it’s rejected should get a reason as to why it’s rejected. Or paying members who’s in a different tier who pay more than the $5 a month like I do.

•••
Just an idea but perhaps paying members here who submit their names and it’s rejected should get a reason as to why it’s rejected. Or paying members who’s in a different tier who pay more than the $5 a month like I do.
That may be an idea worth exploring.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Just an idea but perhaps paying members here who submit their names and it’s rejected should get a reason as to why it’s rejected.
So yet again.... I submit a 2 letter, one word .ca premium domain and it’s rejected for Top Domains!

Has there been ANY progress or even talked about for paying members who’s names have been rejected as to why their names were rejected or has it been swept under the rug??? @Mod Team Bravo

This is my THIRD 2 letter, 1 word .ca that has been rejected for Top Domains! Truly amazing!! I have seen some of the “top domains” lately and I shake my head at some of them.

I would LOVE to know who is on the top domains selection committee!

•••
So yet again.... I submit a 2 letter, one word .ca premium domain and it’s rejected for Top Domains!

Has there been ANY progress or even talked about for paying members who’s names have been rejected as to why their names were rejected or has it been swept under the rug??? @Mod Team Bravo

This is my THIRD 2 letter, 1 word .ca that has been rejected for Top Domains! Truly amazing!! I have seen some of the “top domains” lately and I shake my head at some of them.

I would LOVE to know who is on the top domains selection committee!

Sorry, nothing short of “.com” “top”

It can even; B.Ca ; )) They do need say why.

Im not submitting anything top until amend;

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, nothing short of “.com” “

I’ve seen quite a few NON .com on there. I even have a .ca in top domains myself. 😉

•••
I’ve seen quite a few NON .com on there. I even have a .ca in top domains myself. 😉

All the more reasons explanations necessary. It’s like they cant explain their standards. Do i think yours is “.top”? that’s beside the point; we deserve reason; it’s like they dont even know.
(correct pointed; may accepted ones; denied u

Last edited:
•••
it’s rejected for Top Domains!
The word "rejected" carries implications with it that are not correct. It was not chosen.

However, it is this team's opinion that it should be in Top Domains, and we've chosen to move it back there.

Now you can forward the.coolest.moderator.team.of.ca to our NamePros profile. B-)

This is my THIRD 2 letter
You already had two 2-letter .ca domains in Top Domains.

Now you have a total of three.

We hope that helps.

•••
Thank you very much @Mod Team Bravo. I appreciate the quick and professional response. :)

•••
The word "rejected" carries implications with it that are not correct. It was not chosen.

However, it is this team's opinion that it should be in Top Domains, and we've chosen to move it back there.

Now you can forward the.coolest.moderator.team.of.ca to our NamePros profile. B-)

You already had two 2-letter .ca domains in Top Domains.

Now you have a total of three.

We hope that helps.

Thanks for voluntarily giving this information

It doesnt help; he got the luxury of explained

most dont get beyond “No”

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back