Dynadot

status-resolved Reasons why names are not selected for “Top domains”.

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
It would be great if NamePros actually told you why your name wasn’t selected for a “top domain”. I recently submitted (within the last 2 months) 2 .ca’s for “top domains” and both were rejected. One was a 1 word name with an Estibot value of $22,000. The other was a 2 letter, one word .ca which wasn’t “good enough” to make the cut somehow. I won’t list the domains here as I don’t want to promote them as this is not the reason of their post.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not share with us then?:-P

•••
Haha Well I don’t want anyone to think that’s the reason of this thread to promote my names. :)

•••
I agree, the infamous “Melatonin.com” NPer
said his rejected listed in “top” domain, when suggested, to list in “top” domain section NP

I think sometimes, reputation may to do with it, as some older list ‘poor’ DNs in ‘top’

There is no transparency in ‘top’ domain listing.

Last edited:
•••
There is no transparency in ‘top’ domain listing
Agreed. It would be nice to see a reason as to why a name wasn’t selected and how many people are involved in the selection process. Right now the NP Community is left in the dark as to who’s on the selection committee.

•••
i know rite, i dont know why my 24watchnet57.net isnt a top domain? :wacky:

•••
Has Cola.com sold, darn, thats a sweet domain. hmmmm

•••
i know rite, i dont know why my 24watchnet57.net isnt a top domain? :wacky:

Number word word number .net

i dont even consider LLL.net top lol...

They need to limit the non-com’s as top imo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Reason always been there, No submissions under $1,000 resale value (wholesale price). It should be a name that you would have no problem getting $1,000 offers here or sell for a min of that on NameJet or GoDaddy Auctions.

•••
Always been there, No submissions under $1,000 resale value (wholesale price). It should be a name that you would have no problem getting $1,000 offers here or sell for a min of that on NameJet or GoDaddy Auctions.

$1,000 resale value?

That’s so subjective! I see names’ which sold in auction here for $100, approved as ‘top’,

Last edited:
•••
Always been there, No submissions under $1,000 resale value (wholesale price). It should be a name that you would have no problem getting $1,000 offers here or sell for a min of that on NameJet or GoDaddy Auctions.
rite.

Last edited:
•••
$1,000 resale value?

That’s so subjective! I see names sold auction here for $100 approved as ‘top’

There is a subjective nature sure, my own worthless opinion there are names that should not be in there, and not just one person picks.

I think at the beginning it was ok, 2L.com, 3L.com CVCV.com 2 through 4 N.com one word generic .com. Short cctlds 1 or 2 character.

•••
$1,000 resale value?

That’s so subjective! I see names’ which sold in auction here $100,approved ‘top’, right after!
Link please and example. I have trouble believing otherwise

•••
Link please and example. I have trouble believing otherwise

Sorry, Mr. Prosecutor, i put my reputation on line, & wouldnt throw nper under bus like tht 2.

I will say this; however; it was a LLLL.com
NP auction, I was closely monitoring, even involved bidding in :-P i lost, but recall Bin.
not salty, just pointing this out as 1 example)

Last edited:
•••
Agreed. It would be nice to see a reason as to why a name wasn’t selected and how many people are involved in the selection process. Right now the NP Community is left in the dark as to who’s on the selection committee.
As per what you shared privately with me, you know the reason and possibilities :-D

•••
Sorry, Mr. Prosecutor, i put my reputation on the line, wouldnt throw Nper under bus like too

I will say this; however. it was a LLLL.com
Prosecutor? Why call me that?:-P . A pronounceable 4L is top name. I dont think it was not pronounceable. Has nothing to do with reputation too when you claiming those who curate that section add whatever they want even non top domains.

•••
Prosecutor? Why call me that?:-P . A pronounceable 4L is top name. I dont think it was not pronounceable. Has nothing to do with reputation too when you claiming those who curate that section add whatever they want even non top domains.

It was “pronounceable” LLLL.com sold for low $100’s BIN here. Sure, LLLL.com liquid, but it’s the example “subjectivity” of ‘top’ at hand.

I only recalled BIN since i got alerts of auction.
I was in it! Not mad i lost, just pointing out “subjectivity” value even LLLL.com sold here.

was placed in ‘top’ immediately followin auction

Last edited:
•••
As per what you shared privately with me, you know the reason and possibilities :-D

Yes but both of those names are worth more than 1K each. Anyone that knows the .ca market would know that. :)

•••
It was “pronounceable” LLLL.com sold for low $100’s BIN here. Sure, LLLL.com liquid, but it’s the “subjectivity” of top at hand
Maybe it was not lucky day for the seller. Just because it sold cheap here in an auction doesnt mean it isnt top. And, since you were following, you should have thrown the 100 if it was easily pronounceable.

•••
Maybe it was not lucky day for the seller. Just because it sold cheap here in an auction doesnt mean it isnt top. And, since you were following, you should have thrown the 100 if it was easily pronounceable.

i agree this particular buyer has good eye for these LLLL.com type names :-P seen nice flips got np for $80ish here, sold np above-double.
u good, Abdulluh.100% right. defense rests :)

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Yes but both of those names are worth more than 1K each. Anyone that knows the .ca market would know that. :)
Yeah sure but market ,market market. I agree with one only, the other no like I said :-P

•••
I have seen MANY names in the “top domains” section that is worth less than my names I submitted. Some CC names included.

So back to my topic. It would be nice to know WHY a name isn’t selected. I would also LOVE to know who’s doing the selection process. We are a community. Let’s know as a community who’s saying yay or nay!

•••
I have seen MANY names in the “top domains” section that is worth less than my names I submitted. Some CC names included.

So back to my topic. It would be nice to know WHY a name isn’t selected. I would also LOVE to know who’s doing the selection process. We are a community. Let’s know as a community who’s saying yay or nay!
I would say it is good as it is now because people make it personal and would attack if they know the person who made the decision about their domain.

•••
I would say it is good as it is now because people make it personal and would attack if they know the person who made the decision about their domain.

Then they should have anonymous appraisals.

With appraisal section,,. and ‘top’ feedback too

Not “if rejected, dont submit ‘top’ again” wtf?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back