IT.COM

discuss Toor.Today - SharkTank funded company using new GTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

Top Member
Impact
Last nights episode of SharkTank (Season 8 Episode 8) included a smart lockbox / APP designed for the real estate market, called Toor.

While watching the episode, I thought the brandable form of Tour (Toor) was a great name that provided instant credibility. Come to find, they are using a .Today domain as they don't own the .com. Toor.com is a one page static site with more info coming soon. Toor, the lockbox, is prerevenue with $100k in presales from a successful KickStarter Campaign HERE.

A more in depth article by Heavy.com HERE

InstaGram: @ ToorToday
FaceBook: Facebook.com/ToorToday (only 88 likes as of today)

Why would they use a .Today? My guess is because their app / technology is designed to save time for home buyers by providing quicker access to lockbox codes. They don't want to schedule a tour, they want to Toor Today :) Tour.Today has been regged since 2014. Wondering if that would have been a better choice, or it they insist on using Toor to create a brand.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why would they use a .Today? My guess is because their app / technology is designed to save time for home buyers by providing quicker access to lockbox codes. They don't want to schedule a tour, they want to Toor Today :) Tour.Today has been regged since 2014. Wondering if that would have been a better choice, or it they insist on using Toor to create a brand.

Another thought: Toor = Tour / Door

Since they need toor to open the door?...

Side Note: ToorToday.com redirects to Toor.Today ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
why .today? lol

Because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Only .today ;)

Side note: I wonder if anybody follows a company using a new TLD such as this that just got funded, reaches out to the .com owner with a strong offer. In hopes of receiving a stronger offer in the future from the newly funded company.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back