Domain Empire

new gtlds Startup using a new gTLD: Air.bar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
An upcoming startup, whose promotional video seems to be doing pretty well, is using a new gTLD.

I saw the video on Facebook and I must say, the product looks absolutely promising. It's a product that can turn any non touchscreen to a touchscreen.

The startup is using the name Air.bar.

Well, I guess if innovative and promising startup such as these are using the new gTLDs, they are definitely getting somewhere!!

Your views?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think a lot of people who have been in domaining for a long time have started to think only with their "domainer hats" on. It's important to remember to also wear your "Entrepreneur hat". Entrepreneurs understand that markets change, they adapt, business is changing and so are the types of business owners. We often forget that end users are PEOPLE, forgot the blah blah about historic sales data. The bottom line is that end users are human beings and if u have domain that has good brand-ability and it's relevant to an end users business it's very likely he/she will buy it. Take this example you provided... Air.Bar - personally I think it looks better than Airbar.com. Younger and more tech savy entrepreneurs don't follow the old traditions of how business used to be, they are visionaries and risk takers. These visionaries will be the ones who will invest in new gtld's (off course the new gtld will still need to be relevant to their particular business)

•••
I think a lot of people who have been in domaining for a long time have started to think only with their "domainer hats" on. It's important to remember to also wear your "Entrepreneur hat". Entrepreneurs understand that markets change, they adapt, business is changing and so are the types of business owners. We often forget that end users are PEOPLE, forgot the blah blah about historic sales data. The bottom line is that end users are human beings and if u have domain that has good brand-ability and it's relevant to an end users business it's very likely he/she will buy it. Take this example you provided... Air.Bar - personally I think it looks better than Airbar.com. Younger and more tech savy entrepreneurs don't follow the old traditions of how business used to be, they are visionaries and risk takers. These visionaries will be the ones who will invest in new gtld's (off course the new gtld will still need to be relevant to their particular business)

Straight up! Many long time domainers are drunk on liquid value of the .com and in denial about the future.

It's only a matter of time before premium gTLDs are in high demand for end users. Air.Bar is a strong domain and the product looks cool. Haters gone hate.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back