Dynadot

.com Tokens.com Sold for $500,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Tokens.com has been reportedly sold for $500,000 in a deal uncovered by Arbel Arif this evening. Ali Zandi, founder of Starfire Holdings, confirmed that his company sold the domain name in a subsequent comment and in an email to me. The acquisition of Token.com was reported by me today, although that sale was for an undisclosed price...
Announcement at 36-minute mark

@Ali Zandi commented:
Polymath bought Tokens.com, the plural. Another company bought Token.com. We sold both.
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a bit confused here. token.com or tokens.com? another report says token

•••
•••
•••
Both sold for $500k or each sold for 500k?

Tokens.com sold for 500k. Singular's price is under NDA. Would be interesting to know though what the multiplier for the singular was.

•••
Both sold for $500k or each sold for 500k?

Both domain names have been sold.

Tokens.com for $500k

Token.com for an undisclosed amount.

•••
Kudos to Mr. Zandi!

Token.com is worth considerably more (2-5X) than the plural. Token is a monumental brand name. :woot: Tokens is a site about... tokens. :yawn:

That should put Token.com's sale price between $1 million to $2.5 Million, IMO.

•••
It was sold cheap considering cryptoworld claimed sale.
Strongest point of the domain is the developed site.

•••
The sale does not look complete yet.. this just came about Monday, apparently announced by the buyer himself on a live show.

There's no specific reason to think it won't complete, but let's at least wait for whois to change before considering it 'sold' :)

•••
The sale does not look complete yet.. this just came about Monday, apparently announced by the buyer himself on a live show.

There's no specific reason to think it won't complete, but let's at least wait for whois to change before considering it 'sold' :)

It's in Escrow.

•••
It's in Escrow.

I've had deals in escrow (after buyer paid) be reversed, and no sale. Yes, Escrow.com told me it wasn't binding even after buyer had paid the funds into escrow. Just saying, 99% of the time it will complete, but let's keep reporting accurate, and call it sold once the deal is done.. its still happening.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think the poster meant 'in comparison to' or 'reported' there in place of claimed.. cryptoworld.com and tokens.com buyers do not appear to be the same at all.

•••
I've had deals in escrow (after buyer paid) be reversed, and no sale. Yes, Escrow.com told me it wasn't binding even after buyer had paid the funds into escrow. Just saying, 99% of the time it will complete, but let's keep reporting accurate, and call it sold once the deal is done.. its still happening.

Just to note, Starfire Holdings didn't report this sale; the buyer chose to do so. We don't even know why. From there, the domain world picked it up and reported it. FYI

•••
Starfire Holdings -- domain brokerage of the year?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
•••
Very nice sales. Congrats to the Starfire Holdings team!

•••
Nice sale, expected price for this environment.

I'm assuming the buyer mentioned the sale to get some free media attention.

•••
Nice sale, expected price for this environment.

I'm assuming the buyer mentioned the sale to get some free media attention.
That is always the reason

•••
Whois still has not changed, let's hope it completes!

If I were the buyer I certainly would not have announced the deal before it was finished unless something binding was already signed outside of escrow.com.. there's a ton of money in this space right now and 500k seems cheap!

•••
Did this complete?

Another week has passed but whois remains the same.

•••
Both domain names have been sold.

Tokens.com for $500k

Token.com for an undisclosed amount.

Congratulations!

•••
•••
Any word if or when this happened?

•••
•••
Tokens.com has been reportedly sold for $500,000 in a deal uncovered by Arbel Arif this evening. Ali Zandi, founder of Starfire Holdings, confirmed that his company sold the domain name in a subsequent comment and in an email to me. The acquisition of Token.com was reported by me today, although that sale was for an undisclosed price...
Announcement at 36-minute mark

@Ali Zandi commented:
Polymath bought Tokens.com, the plural. Another company bought Token.com. We sold both.
Read More

For all of you who were wondering, the Tokens.com sale has been finalized. @Mlebo @NameYourself

Congrats to both buyer and seller

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back