IT.COM

discuss .today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee.

It only cost you $60, so not much loss if you don't sell anything.

"Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee."

Sure...you're right. I'm just a DomainDrunk......what was I thinking? And I just bought six more:

gunsales.today
marijuanasales.today
whiskeysales.today
yachtdeals.today
goldsales.today
golddeals.today

My 1.99 .today domains only represent industries totalling over 10 Trillion dollars in annual revenues....that's Trillion not Billion.

•••
DomainDeals.today

ComingHome.today
JeanSale.today
Funnies.today
Bullish.today
Bearish.today
HelpOthers.today
ApartmentRentals.today
FunFacts.today
ShoeSale.today
Devotional.today
CoatSale.today
Legends.today
FreeDelivery.today
FreePizza.today
FreeBeer.today
FreeVino.today

Not yesterday...Not tomorrow.... LiveFor.today

•••
•••
Even strong single word .today were sold very cheap and many are free, no value

•••
I have been registering and selling new gTLDs since day 1 and if I should give two advices, they will be:

1. Stay away from two-word names. They will probably never sell. They are ok with .com, but not with an extesion such as .today.

2. If the extension is niched, be sure that the keyword and TLD matches well. For example:

A) News.today is a perfect match
B) Business.today is a great match
C) Chicago.today is an ok match
D) Potatoes.today is a bad match

Jen....I agree, however the word "today" when you reference it with "sales" or "deals", then you further reference it with the kinds of sales or deals like AutoSales.today or MarijuanaDeals.today is the attraction here. As a domain extension "today" becomes a call to action word, whereas .com is really more generic.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? It's obviously the sales guy in me coming out, but sales "TODAY" is a pretty big deal in my book. btw, I'm not "bolding" and putting the word "today" in red to impress you, it's meant to call customers to action NOW!

Thanks Jen for sharing your experience with me today!

•••
@Fancy.domains is right.

For 2-word domain: cryptocurrency.today is fine. There might be exceptions like this but mostly stick with exact match domains with new gTLDs.

Yep. There are always exceptions that proves the rule. Especially during popular trends!

•••
Jen....I agree, however the word "today" when you reference it with "sales" or "deals", then you further reference it with the kinds of sales or deals like AutoSales.today or MarijuanaDeals.today is the attraction here. As a domain extension "today" becomes a call to action word, whereas .com is really more generic.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? It's obviously the sales guy in me coming out, but sales "TODAY" is a pretty big deal in my book. btw, I'm not "bolding" and putting the word "today" in red to impress you, it's meant to call customers to action NOW!

Thanks Jen for sharing your experience with me today!

Thank you!

You might be right that some of this will attract a buyer. If you (or anyone else sell two-word names), please let us know. We all need to update our knowledge and domaining is slowly but constantly changing.

My advice was based on my own experience and reported sale statistics, but I'm not sitting here with all answers.

•••
I don't mean to be a party pooper Bulloney, but, those names would be tough to get off your hands. I really wish you the best with those.:unsure:

•••
@Bulloney

I see where you are coming from with the "call to action". I got 2 todays myself (goldrates.today & whybuy.today) for that reason; but as almost everyone already noted, you will have tough time moving 100 days :xf.wink: Then again, you might get luck and make your money back in one shot.
IMO the issue with these new TLDs is that most end users do not know/recognize them so you may have to spend some additional time/money on end-user education. I am not a pro by any means but this sounds like an outbound play only! Good luck!

•••
what people here dont get is keyword does not matter if the extension is not popular and no even when it sounds nice it has no real value if it is not an extension that is not commonly used.

you could register the same names in .now or .cool or whatever sounds trendy, in the current market there is a bigger supply as there are many alternative extensions. if you understand how a market works (large supply = low prices) you will understand that these domains arent going to sell for much if they sell at all.

buyers have to many other options, they dont need to buy domains from you. If you have something rare and special it has value, otherwise it is regfee.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @Bulloney
Good luck with your domains!

... I also try not to register more than one word in new gTLDs.
You can still get good, short domains, but every day it gets harder and harder.
Short domains have a much higher chance of selling and they look much better than those domains where more than one word before the dot.

That's why I did not register, for example - DomainDeals.newgTLD
but simply hand registered Domain.Deals for $73 just one year ago.

...and this will be my website for selling domains in the future. :)

I have three or four .today domains the best of them - Cash.Today
I had some good offers for selling this domain. But I don't want to sell the best of my domains yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
. btw, I've asked my industry connection, who is very busy with another venture, if he could recommend someone who might be able to work closely with me to best monetize the 600 domains that I now own. My guess is once that comes to fruition, you won't be seeing me around here for long. Enjoy your weekend. As the DomainDrunk:wacky:com, I'm headed out with Mrs. Claus for some libation! Cheers:xf.grin:

Hope that industry connection name was not Dicker?

I think there is a misconception that you can easily monetize your domains. Sure you can put up content on a domain even like 3434fddfdfdfdd.com and monetize the traffic but you are making money off the content not the domain. You are a content producer then not a domainer.

Domains like the .todays you regged wont give you a special advantage in SEO neither will they attract much if any traffic on their own.

It may sound tempting that you can register domains for $1.99 and have your own empire of rev generating minisites but this is something that would have worked in 2003 not today.

If you have a large number of 2017 handregs that do not have any traffic and that can not sell, they are worthless. Sure you can produce content which has a certain value(and cost) and make money off it, not as easy as it sounds but lets make no mistake the money comes from the content not your domain even if the content is attached to your URL.

content has a certain value in the marketplace so you are not getting it for free/cheap, there is no such thing as easy free money from holding handregs of questionable quality.

If you are investing time/money in worthless regs you lose even more better let them expire and find better ones.

Last edited:
•••
finally, humor me now for a second. Let's assume the internet didn't exist, and you own a pizza place. Which of these add's would you put in your window, Free Pizza Today or Free Pizza Com?

I would use .com because 99% of people understand it is an URL that you can visit (.com itself is a call to action, it means website/visit us there) while 95% of people do not understand freepizza.today to be a website URL.

•••
I want to give you some encouragement. Your wasting not just money, but time.
Now go make some sales. Wellcraft aint gonna pay 90k for .today
They have Wellcraft.COM and they sell powerboats not yachts

Show us your sales pitch for why they should swap their .com for .today

•••
All...I purchased the following domains today.

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today
Wow, you just wasted your.money

•••
From end user perspective, if you want to develop these names, no objection whatsoever.

Can be great as lead generators. From some reason (I do not know why is that happening) some of the most visited names in new gTLDs I personally know about are with .today extension. Several fellow new gTLD investors have reported this, as most of us are measuring all our names in various extensions using services like bodis, etc. .TODAY is doing, as far as I know, very well from this aspect.

If we would consider them as investment, from resale perspective, I feel not value. Reason is there are too many alternatives one can create for each of your word1word2.today names. So end users will go for those alternatives, which is far more preferable option to them, comparing to paying a premium to you for your names.

So as investment no, for development (and you have some good ideas) some of your names are worth a try, imo :)

•••
@Bulloney don't get too fixated on one extension...trust me you'll see a year from now when renewals come up. There will never be a replacement for .com, and that's not what the new G's were meant for. It is useless comparing the two, you'll be running circles.

Focus on only the best matches, and be aware there are literally thousands for people to choose from. .today is great, sure, for stuff like News/Today, Weather/Today, Finance/Today, Travel/Today but generally everyone wants everything today, they don't need an extension to tell them so.

.Today, and many others, are a niche market, not a one size fits all.

Thanks Ben. I see you've been doing this a long time, and I appreciate your input. I visited you Genuine Domains Site and I like it very much. btw, you might be interested in knowing I registered the domain GenuinelyCreative.com just a couple of weeks ago. Heck, how would I have known I'd run into the guy who owns Genuine Domains. Just to let you know, I'm diversified alright. I have almost 600 domains, of which only 120 are .today domains. Of the 120 I own, about 20 of them are one word .today domains similar to the ones you listed, but not quite that good. However, I do believe the two word .today domains I own are just as good if not better than the single word. For example; AmazingSale.today, AutoSale.today, MarijuanaDeals.today, ComingHome.today, SportsOdds.today, and GoldRush.today. Each of these two word domains fit well with the .today extension imho.

Ben, I'll reach out to you later about not only my .today niche, but about a couple of other niche's I've carved out. Thanks for your help.

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
@Fancy.domains

The problem is its not just .today names there are over 500 in other extensions too. Nobody should be that new to domaining and own that many names, its a tactic we see all the time and these domainers dont last 18 months usually, reality kicks in about November 2018 when you get those first renewal emails

My advice to new domainers is never to register more than 20 names before making your first sale.

Sounds good...

My advice to new domainers is to not focus on hand-registering names, but rather concentrate in snapping drops and / or bid at auctions. And even more important, to analyze each name regarding existing data (search volume, history, CPC, popularity, trends and so on).

•••
.today suits most to a news companies, but they still reach to .com IMHO.
@Bulloney you are really hard to argue with. Let's see next year, how much of the 120 .today you'll still have. Good luck

•••
as a general rule, if you buy a generic non-cctld extension other than .com and the .com is available in most cases, you are throwing money away.

a lot of what people call domaining is a combination of wasting time and money + some wishful thinking in the mix

its still much better than drug addiction or environmental pollution though

Last edited:
•••
I have had glam.today for months. No offers yet.

Shopman...I'm guessing "glam" is short for glamorous? I could see glamorous.today, but it's already taken. Here are the six names I bought today, and there's logical reasoning behind each one.

BoatLoans.today
Re-Finance.today
GourmetShop.today
HobbyShop.today
Overwhelm.today
Speculation.today

Again, these domains won't sell themselves, and they certainly wouldn't sell on a NoPros auction. It's up to me to make a market for them, and that's all part of the plan.

Good Luck Shopman!

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
1 word product names like beer * today are actually pretty good :)

.today is good, but I like .Life, .Club, .World domains more (premium domains only) :)

•••
Wow!...I'm impressed. After I saw VetsOnCall.com for 100K at GoDaddy and 115K at Epic I picked up the following domains a few minutes ago.

VetsOnCall.today
VetOnCall.today
DocsOnCall.today
DentistOnCall.today

While these aren't one word domains, they deliver a message. They're "call to action" domains.
Your comment earlier, "today domains are good" was spot on" Thanks for sharing. Cheers!.

I registered 2words domain - WaterFor.Life for $1,99 - Received an offer of $1500 from the End User.

"water for life" - google - 1,520,000 results

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=QRs3WuTaIYXzmQGc7rfIBA&q="water+for+life"&oq="water+for+life"&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.1372.10771.0.11075.19.17.1.0.0.0.124.1835.3j14.17.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..1.18.1840.0..46j35i39k1j0i131k1j0i67k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1j0i46k1.0.3U8cjd-rAJc

Taken:

waterforlife.com
waterforlife.net
waterforlife.org
waterforlife.co
waterforlife.biz
waterforlife.info
waterforlife.us
waterforlife.co.uk
waterforlife.com.au
waterforlife.de
waterforlife.today
waterforlife.life
waterforlife.services
waterforlife.systems
waterforlife.solutions
waterforlife.ltd
plus, plus, plus
etc...etc...etc...

"vets on call today" - google - 3 results

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=_Bo3Wpy5AcO-mwG5wLboCw&q="Vets+On+Call+today"&oq="Vets+On+Call+today"&gs_l=psy-ab.3...8610.20075.0.20430.9.8.0.0.0.0.115.724.2j5.8.0....0...1.1j2.64.psy-ab..1.1.107.6..35i39k1.108.AmGvfbu6kyE

Taken: 0

Think about it! ;)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back