IT.COM

discuss .today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Anyone care to help develop the site for 15-20% of the profits? Thanks,

Bulloney:xf.grin:

I must admit there has been some good entertainment in reading your posts and threads Bulloney. you seem to be trying to cram-in all the basic 'newbie' mistakes in record time.

What happened to last weeks 'reinventing' of the Hyphenated domain Revolution, I take it that idea has now been overtaken by the New future of 'Today' domains

And Nope nobody is going to promote or develop your domains, Not even for 85% of the 'Potential profits. I can't believe your real and along with your Username, Please tell us it's all just a big wind-up.

ps nobody promotes/develops others mistakes when they can get a 100% satisfaction in doing their own

Last edited:
•••
Anybody can make money by working hard, but if you end up making money in your business ventures it will not be because of the domain names.

Premium domain names can really boost a business by providing credibility, brandability and memorability but for the vast majority of businesses that's the opposite: the domain name is worthless if you remove the company behind it. Google would be worthless (or almost as it could work as a brandable), but a name Apple would always be worth something to countless end users.
Many end users have bad names, names that really drag them down and hinder their growth.

Even .com domains can be challenging to advertise, or simply spelling an E-mail address over the phone can be difficult. Let alone with oddballs TLDs nobody knows.
Try running a real-life business on an nTLD and you'll see :)
I have never come across a real business using a .today so far. There is a reason why real businesses stay away from unpopular extensions.

•••
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

Take any offer you get on those. 26 out of those 31 I can get for reg fee in .com.

•••
LOL! You mean if you extend them to 3 word domains ending with today .com. I'd already checked, there were no two word .com domains available, unless they're for sale like ApplianceSale.com for $14,000. I own ApplianceSale.today:xf.grin: I paid 1.99 for it, but if you want to pick up AplianceSaleToday.com have at it. I wasn't born yesterday. I think you missed the point?

Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee.

It only cost you $60, so not much loss if you don't sell anything.

I think if you guys did some research, see how many of those types of domains sold, when the .com was there for reg fee.

Last edited:
•••
DomainDeals.today

ComingHome.today
JeanSale.today
Funnies.today
Bullish.today
Bearish.today
HelpOthers.today
ApartmentRentals.today
FunFacts.today
ShoeSale.today
Devotional.today
CoatSale.today
Legends.today
FreeDelivery.today
FreePizza.today
FreeBeer.today
FreeVino.today

Not yesterday...Not tomorrow.... LiveFor.today

waste of money and time

•••
I have been registering and selling new gTLDs since day 1 and if I should give two advices, they will be:

1. Stay away from two-word names. They will probably never sell. They are ok with .com, but not with an extesion such as .today.

2. If the extension is niched, be sure that the keyword and TLD matches well. For example:

A) News.today is a perfect match
B) Business.today is a great match
C) Chicago.today is an ok match
D) Potatoes.today is a bad match

•••
JB...it's pretty clear you don't like me, so I need not humor you with an answer. Have a nice life.

What? I don't dislike you, I don't know you.

It was a simple question. As a business guy first, and a marketer second, why would somebody spend $1,000 - $20,000 for a domain on an extension most people have never heard of, instead of getting the .com for $8 and change? Market it to me, how would you sell that to somebody.

•••
This thread is depressing. Looks like expired domain sites are going to be in business for a very long time.

•••
Why does this thread reminds me of the .TOP thread??? hmmm....

•••
bulloney has domain fever , lol . my advice is get to a doctor as soon as possible ...... & do yourself a favor & cut up your credit cards .

•••
@Fancy.domains

The problem is its not just .today names there are over 500 in other extensions too. Nobody should be that new to domaining and own that many names, its a tactic we see all the time and these domainers dont last 18 months usually, reality kicks in about November 2018 when you get those first renewal emails

My advice to new domainers is never to register more than 20 names before making your first sale.

•••
My 1.99 .today domains only represent industries totalling over 10 Trillion dollars in annual revenues....that's Trillion not Billion.

It represents buying bad domains, poor research etc. - https://namebio.com/?s==EDN0YTM0UTM

You just bought 6 more I can get for reg fee in .com

Like I said, you didn't spend much, so not much risk/loss.

Last edited:
•••
There is no value in these new gtld's, especially when you start using 2 and 3 words

There have been 18 reported sales in total so that is an indication there is no real value in them. I have previously asked a group of over 5200 end-users and only 3 of them had even heard of these new extensions

Even a good keyword match with this extension like Radio.Today and World.Today sold for a measly $120 and $320. They are very difficult to sell to end-users when they arent even aware that they exist.

You are much better off grace deleting these if you have just registered them and focus on strong extensions until you have a few sales under your belt.

•••
Since they are only $1.99- here are some more you could help market the forum here and attach each and everyone to all the various entertaining threads on the forum here:

DotHorseDomain.today
OwnersIdeaToBidOnTheirOwnNames.today
FakeDomainAuctions.today
ShillBidders.today
PartneringOnDomains.today
BrokerAndReneg.today
NoProfitableParking.today
SEOExpertSpammer.today
AllGoodNamesTaken.today
88CentsXYZ.today
XYZEqualsBitcoin.today
DomainAppraisalsNeedFirst.today
NextBidWins.today
FakePublishedDomainSales.today
KingOfTopWhereIsHeNow.today
WEareDomainNameBroker.today
DotComOnly.today

•••
I am smelling KINGOF.TODAY here... :D todaytodaytodaytoday......todaytoday.today (63)

•••
Hi Bulloney,

I'd just like to add a couple of things to this thread. Not to insult you, but hopefully help you.

1) You seem to be underestimating domaining by such a large margin that as it stands, you have 0% chance of succeeding in this business. Anyone with even a limited experience of selling domains could tell you this.

2) Being sure of yourself is a great quailty to have but it's clearly getting in the way of you accepting valuable advice from experienced members who are actually trying to help you. We have all lost money in domaining and made bad buys when starting out. The faster you realise this, the sooner you will move away from this nonesense.

3) Good advice rarely strokes the ego

Bad Advice- Your a genius, keep buying .today domains till you have no money left. It doesn't matter if you end up homeless, you'll still have great .today domains that you'll sell for loads of money.

Good Advice- Your bad at domaining, STOP buying domains until you know how the game works. Do the smart thing, listen to the people who have actually sold domains.

I hope you wake up before you lose too much money.

Good luck

•••
@Bulloney don't get too fixated on one extension...trust me you'll see a year from now when renewals come up. There will never be a replacement for .com, and that's not what the new G's were meant for. It is useless comparing the two, you'll be running circles.

Focus on only the best matches, and be aware there are literally thousands for people to choose from. .today is great, sure, for stuff like News/Today, Weather/Today, Finance/Today, Travel/Today but generally everyone wants everything today, they don't need an extension to tell them so.

.Today, and many others, are a niche market, not a one size fits all.

•••
What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

I will put these names in front of prayer table and pray God to send some end buyer to buy these domain names!

•••
waste of money and time

You took the words right out of my mouth

Be mindful of today, but dont waste your money on .today

•••
All...I said I'm a business guy first, a marketer second and a domainer third.

Anyone have a clue how I intend to market/develop these domains? Anyone care?.

Bulloney:xf.grin:

Everyone likes to read a success story ..Bare in mind your on to well over a $1,000 in renewal costs in 365 days time. So best to get busy on your first and second skill set before domain registering takes over

•••
To go straight to the point: look around you, how many normal businesses use TLDs like .today or .whatever: zero. How many aftermarket sales: zero with the oddball exception. The TLD is nothing special, just another extension among hundreds of others.
Safe to say freepizza.today is worthless when the .com counterpart freepizzatoday.com is free to register.
There is no market for domains like those. You could develop them but what's the point, you can find better and more commercially viable domains for regfee.
With the same arguments, any domain is suddenly as valuable as gold. But it just doesn't work like that.

•••
•••
Re-Finance.today. Neither of these names are meant to be businesses or brands. However, they are meant to be sales/lead generators to anyone in the lending business who see's the value I see in them.
But nobody sees value in them, that's why these names were unregistered in the first place. Even for $1.99 nobody would touch them. People don't know about .today and they don't care. They don't need your domains since they can easily find some alternative (and better) domains that are available.

eurorealtor...if NONE of the 120 .today domains sell by a year from now, I stand to lose $240, and some valuable time. I don't think any of you following me on this thread understand the Risk vs. Reward theory. If you did you'd being doing something more constructive than trying to give this DomainDrunk.com advice.
With $240 you could buy better domains, for example 3 good prerelease domains, viable domains. These names of yours are no good, and they will be dropped by next year because they should not have been registered in the first place and I am saying this is in a most friendly manner. I don't think you are ready yet to receive reasonable advice but you seem to enjoy yourself :)
However, what you're building is not a portfolio but a collection of domains. If you have some spare money consider donating to charity instead.
This is not just for you, this is a suggestion for domainers in general.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, WaterFor.Life is very similar to many of my two word domains where "today" is a natural fit. Regardless of whether a domain is 1,2, or 3 words like MakeAmericaGreat.today, they'll have value way beyond their cost. Question? Why do you think Godaddy and Epik are asking 100K and 115K respectively for Vets On Call? Is that because they're referring to Veterans vs.Veterinarians? I'm not sure what to think of it? What do you? Thanks

I think that MakeAmericaGreat.today, could have value beyond its cost in the sense that if you spend hours and hours cold calling , perhaps you find someone taking it for $xx-xxx to make you stop contacting them and if you subtract the $1.5 hourly salary you would still have a decent ROI.

•••
There is no shame in giving sensible advice, which is for the benefit of all BTW. My advice remains the same regardless of who is posting in this thread.
No hard feelings Sir, please don't think I am your enemy or that I am delighted to see you burning your hard-earned money ablaze. Otherwise I could stay mum.

I have no life BTW, I am a domainer remember.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back