IT.COM

discuss .today

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
All...I purchased the following domains today. These domains cost me $60, but I think I may be on to something because of the .today that acts as a .com. and who doesn't want to make a deal/sale today? It was when I realized that every day is today and these names might make great eCommerce sites for all sorts of industries. Aesthetically these names look pretty good. I'm a business guy first, a marketer second, and a domainer third. What might you do if your were me? Thanks

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

Take any offer you get on those. 26 out of those 31 I can get for reg fee in .com.

•••
Take any offer you get on those. 26 out of those 31 I can get for reg fee in .com.

LOL! You mean if you extend them to 3 word domains ending with today .com. I'd already checked, there were no two word .com domains available, unless they're for sale like ApplianceSale.com for $14,000. I own ApplianceSale.today:xf.grin: I paid 1.99 for it, but if you want to pick up AplianceSaleToday.com have at it. I wasn't born yesterday. I think you missed the point?

•••
LOL! You mean if you extend them to 3 word domains ending with today .com. I'd already checked, there were no two word .com domains available, unless they're for sale like ApplianceSale.com for $14,000. I own ApplianceSale.today:xf.grin: I paid 1.99 for it, but if you want to pick up AplianceSaleToday.com have at it. I wasn't born yesterday. I think you missed the point?

Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee.

It only cost you $60, so not much loss if you don't sell anything.

I think if you guys did some research, see how many of those types of domains sold, when the .com was there for reg fee.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee.

It only cost you $60, so not much loss if you don't sell anything.

"Yes, if you include today. You emphasized that word in your first post, bolding it 4 times. You don't have much leverage when somebody can buy the .com for reg fee."

Sure...you're right. I'm just a DomainDrunk......what was I thinking? And I just bought six more:

gunsales.today
marijuanasales.today
whiskeysales.today
yachtdeals.today
goldsales.today
golddeals.today

My 1.99 .today domains only represent industries totalling over 10 Trillion dollars in annual revenues....that's Trillion not Billion.

•••
My 1.99 .today domains only represent industries totalling over 10 Trillion dollars in annual revenues....that's Trillion not Billion.

It represents buying bad domains, poor research etc. - https://namebio.com/?s==EDN0YTM0UTM

You just bought 6 more I can get for reg fee in .com

Like I said, you didn't spend much, so not much risk/loss.

Last edited:
•••
It represents buying bad domains, poor research etc. - https://namebio.com/?s==EDN0YTM0UTM

You just bought 6 more I can get for reg fee in .com

Like I said, you didn't spend much, so not much risk/loss.

"It represents buying bad domains, poor research etc"

You still don't get it, but that's OK! "Sales" "Deals" and "Today" involving industries from the auto industry to the cruise industry to the gold industry are all part of the mystique.

Thanks

Bulloney:xf.grin:

•••
There is no value in these new gtld's, especially when you start using 2 and 3 words

There have been 18 reported sales in total so that is an indication there is no real value in them. I have previously asked a group of over 5200 end-users and only 3 of them had even heard of these new extensions

Even a good keyword match with this extension like Radio.Today and World.Today sold for a measly $120 and $320. They are very difficult to sell to end-users when they arent even aware that they exist.

You are much better off grace deleting these if you have just registered them and focus on strong extensions until you have a few sales under your belt.

•••
I have personally sold two .today: Tenerife .today and Hostels .today.

Personally, I would not register (or keep) a two-word .today, but best of luck with your names.

•••
DomainDeals.today

ComingHome.today
JeanSale.today
Funnies.today
Bullish.today
Bearish.today
HelpOthers.today
ApartmentRentals.today
FunFacts.today
ShoeSale.today
Devotional.today
CoatSale.today
Legends.today
FreeDelivery.today
FreePizza.today
FreeBeer.today
FreeVino.today

Not yesterday...Not tomorrow.... LiveFor.today

•••
@Bulloney We have dronedeals.today - how much would you buy it for?

•••
DomainDeals.today

ComingHome.today
JeanSale.today
Funnies.today
Bullish.today
Bearish.today
HelpOthers.today
ApartmentRentals.today
FunFacts.today
ShoeSale.today
Devotional.today
CoatSale.today
Legends.today
FreeDelivery.today
FreePizza.today
FreeBeer.today
FreeVino.today

Not yesterday...Not tomorrow.... LiveFor.today

waste of money and time

•••
waste of money and time

You took the words right out of my mouth

Be mindful of today, but dont waste your money on .today

•••
•••
Even strong single word .today were sold very cheap and many are free, no value

•••
All...I said I'm a business guy first, a marketer second and a domainer third. The business and marketing guy in me says that sales and deals .today has huge potential. Ever heard of PingPong?...check out the webiste for PingPong.gives. Sure beats PingPongGives.com Sorry if you don't get it, but MarijuanaSales.today or AutoDeals.today or HomeSales.today will appeal to a huge market. I can assure anyone the 1.99 I paid for each of these domains will be way more than a 10 bagger. Thanks for the encouragement, lol!

Anyone have a clue how I intend to market/develop these domains? Anyone care?.

•••
All...I said I'm a business guy first, a marketer second and a domainer third.

Anyone have a clue how I intend to market/develop these domains? Anyone care?.

Everyone likes to read a success story ..Bare in mind your on to well over a $1,000 in renewal costs in 365 days time. So best to get busy on your first and second skill set before domain registering takes over

•••
Everyone likes to read a success story ..Bare in mind your on to well over a $1,000 in renewal costs in 365 days time. So best to get busy on your first and second skill set before domain registering takes over

Not quite...I own 66 of them for a total investment of $132. My fee for renewal for all 66 will be around $500, and that's if I don't sell any or buy any more. I do believe domains like MarijuanaDeals.today will sell. If I can't sell this for at least $200 to a pothead, then all my business and marketing training is for naught. My plans are to create a website for DomainDeals.today to sell this kind of domain. Also, targeted email marketing like Daymond John of Shark Tank fame recommends is part of the plan.

•••
I have been registering and selling new gTLDs since day 1 and if I should give two advices, they will be:

1. Stay away from two-word names. They will probably never sell. They are ok with .com, but not with an extesion such as .today.

2. If the extension is niched, be sure that the keyword and TLD matches well. For example:

A) News.today is a perfect match
B) Business.today is a great match
C) Chicago.today is an ok match
D) Potatoes.today is a bad match

•••
I have been registering and selling new gTLDs since day 1 and if I should give two advices, they will be:

1. Stay away from two-word names. They will probably never sell. They are ok with .com, but not with an extesion such as .today.

2. If the extension is niched, be sure that the keyword and TLD matches well. For example:

A) News.today is a perfect match
B) Business.today is a great match
C) Chicago.today is an ok match

Jen....I agree, however the word "today" when you reference it with "sales" or "deals", then you further reference it with the kinds of sales or deals like AutoSales.today or MarijuanaDeals.today is the attraction here. As a domain extension "today" becomes a call to action word, whereas .com is really more generic.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? It's obviously the sales guy in me coming out, but sales "TODAY" is a pretty big deal in my book. btw, I'm not "bolding" and putting the word "today" in red to impress you, it's meant to call customers to action NOW!

Thanks Jen for sharing your experience with me today!

•••

DomainDeals.today
AutoSale.today
FurnitureSale.today
RVSale.today
ComputerSale.today
ApplianceSale.today
HomeSale.today
TruckSale.today
PuppySale.today
TireSale.today
ToySale.today
TicketDeals.today
JewelrySale.today
ArtSale.today
BoatDeals.today
BoatSale.today
ComputerDeals.today
BigScreenDeals.today
TVDeals.today
ApplianceDeals.today
FurnitureDeals.today
HouseSales.today
SkyDeals.today
PhoneDeals.today
GourmetGifts.today
YachtSales.today
BikeSales.today
GiftSales.today
WineSales.today
BeerSales.today
CruiseDeals.today

@Fancy.domains is right.

A) News.today is a perfect match (y)
B) Business.today is a great match (y)
C) Chicago.today is an ok match (y)

For 2-word domain: cryptocurrency.today is fine. There might be exceptions like this but mostly stick with exact match domains with new gTLDs.

•••
@Fancy.domains is right.

For 2-word domain: cryptocurrency.today is fine. There might be exceptions like this but mostly stick with exact match domains with new gTLDs.

Yep. There are always exceptions that proves the rule. Especially during popular trends!

•••
Jen....I agree, however the word "today" when you reference it with "sales" or "deals", then you further reference it with the kinds of sales or deals like AutoSales.today or MarijuanaDeals.today is the attraction here. As a domain extension "today" becomes a call to action word, whereas .com is really more generic.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? It's obviously the sales guy in me coming out, but sales "TODAY" is a pretty big deal in my book. btw, I'm not "bolding" and putting the word "today" in red to impress you, it's meant to call customers to action NOW!

Thanks Jen for sharing your experience with me today!

Thank you!

You might be right that some of this will attract a buyer. If you (or anyone else sell two-word names), please let us know. We all need to update our knowledge and domaining is slowly but constantly changing.

My advice was based on my own experience and reported sale statistics, but I'm not sitting here with all answers.

•••
Thank you!

You might be right that some of this will attract a buyer. If you (or anyone else sell two-word names), please let us know. We all need to update our knowledge and domaining is slowly but constantly changing.

My advice was based on my own experience and reported sale statistics, but I'm not sitting here with all answers.

Thanks, for 1.99 I just bought three more; VegasRx.today
PotRx.today
BusinessRx.today

I'm trying to get 100 of them to start my site: DomainDeals.today I'll have to check, but I believe I have around 80. Total inventory cost for the site will be $199. That's not too large an investment to start a business that has way more upside potential than downside risk.

The key will be to see if I can drive enough traffic to my site to start selling a few of these domains. If I can driver traffic to this site, I'll off to the races.

Anyone care to help develop the site for 15-20% of the profits? Thanks,

•••
Back