Dynadot

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was skeptical but looks like XYZ is on the way up. With enormous demand from both consumers and buyers since the Google announcement.

How long this trend will last? Who knows.

•••
I was skeptical but looks like XYZ is on the way up. With enormous demand from both consumers and buyers since the Google announcement.

Hi B-I think it's certainly worth buying one or two GREAT .xyz and holding to see if it does become mainstream. FloodInsurance.xyz

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Current bid for "Cloud.xyz" is $6969 at Namejet!

12 hours left.

•••
•••
•••
•••
The sky's the limit for cloud.xyz

•••
I have nothing to do with the .xyz registry but I hope eveyone buying these .xyz names will enter the good ones in the .XYZ Challengle at Gen.XYZ As I think I mentioned on this thread-we won the first one and $1000 so it's fun-free and real. I did enter FloodInsurance.xyz .

•••
B-if you happen to get a buyer for your "car" name we own CloseoutCars.com ill split any money with you 50/50 if you happen to get 2 buyers or bids etc TY

•••
Still we can find great comparable names in other extensions!!

•••
.Work and .Club are still the best of the bunch thus far for generics.

•••
I have two xyz names right now, but one is for my own personal use and will not be for sale. The other one I took a flyer on, but it probably won't amount to anything.

•••
Still we can find great comparable names in other extensions!!
Your right but Google didn't pick the other extensions for their main company platform-if Google were to buy the xyz Reg this is a big deal imo. but you are definitely correct.

•••
•••
•••
The high bid on Cloud.xyz is now adjusted down to $500. The high $XXXX was "just too good to be true" I guess.

Sorry for the disinformation guys, I just recounted what I saw.

•••
crap, I tried to enter. I filled everything out in the contest and realized the domains have to be registered after aug.7 2015.

•••
Didn't you just join in Oct. 2013???? I think that's almost 2014.

Mind you, this business is not all about "how far but how well" is what matter most; someone can be in this domaining for ten good years and may not sell any domain; I mean for good money. Cheers.

•••
•••
FLIPPA-a bit off topic but has anyone here used flippa? I just had an auction fall through because I couldnt adjust the reserve price down by $1 to meet the buyers price-this is the worst auction platform ive ever seen-I had to completely relist it (for free) -anyone else have this happen? Thank you

•••
I think there are only two things correct about future. 1. Changes will happen 2. Nobody knows what is going to be the next big thing. I think here is not much investment logic, at the end it will all depend of luck.

•••
crap, I tried to enter. I filled everything out in the contest and realized the domains have to be registered after aug.7 2015.
Hi Jason I just checked for you and youre right-for a $1 with NameCheap you can pick another and enter it -here;s an excellent one Furnish.xyz it was available yesterday but we bought Vehicles.xyz instead. Good Luck.

•••

What demand are you referring to? There hasn't been any demand besides Google buying one demand which most people (you average person in the street, not tech person or domainer) arent even aware of or will ever type in a browser

99% of the sales you see are just domainer sales

•••
What demand are you referring to? There hasn't been any demand besides Google buying one demand which most people (you average person in the street, not tech person or domainer) arent even aware of or will ever type in a browser

99% of the sales you see are just domainer sales
Did you read the above reply I got from Tesla about our Vehicles.xyz? Im pretty sure large companies took notice of what Google did.

•••
Did you read the above reply I got from Tesla about our Vehicles.xyz? Im pretty sure large companies took notice of what Google did.

No I didnt, but it really makes no difference, companies are not interested in what Google do, they have 12,000 domains, do you see any hype with other extensions, no, because there isnt any....if Tesla went out and rebranded their company using an XYZ, that would at least mean more than 1 company liked the extension, but they wont, and Google wont rebrand their business on abc.xyz, Google.com will remain

domainers new to the industry started registering 100's of .CO name names when google got G.co..and that faded away like all new extensions.....all those names are available now as well.....and .CO is shorter and close to .COM, and actually had some meaning (Company, Community, Corporate etc)

What makes you think a strange extension like XYZ will be different

Stick to .COM..its tried and tested and its really all the world knows, besides cctld's of course.....just trying to save you those renewal fees next year

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back