Dynadot

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope, stay away from these strange extensions, they all fade away after the land-rush and the registrars have made a killing out it

Everyone said the same thing about .CO when ..

Amazon bought A.co
Twitter bought no_url_shorteners
Google bought G.co

•••
I have always found so sterile these conversations between domainers about the value of .COM versus new GTLDs, like if one could stop evolution to save his investments.

Whether you like it or no. Times are changing, slowly but surely and resistance is futile.

Yesterday another milestone has been acheived, the impossible has happened:
Google announced his new Alphabet company on a new gtld and one of the most controversial within the domaining community: .XYZ

But .COM owners don't be low, look at this announcement from another perspective, Google has put today domain names in the center of conversations and we should all benefit.

Francois Carrillo

•••
Buying Google stock would make more sense...

•••
Time to sell Google stock and buy .xyz! jk :D

•••
I've only got one .xyz and really had to think about how it makes sense. Even after making any sense of it, I'm still "getting used to it."

I did say xyz has 'ergonomic' benefit vs com lol but that's really a 5% influence into decision making. XYZ may also have that out of ordinary feel and subconsciously spark an imagination in this information technology age; that it contains letters rarely used does make me want to "fold" however (poker language). Gut has spoken there is an investing space waiting to unfold.

But all the best to everyone into making large amounts of xyz acquisitions and I quote:
“Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.”
Jack London

•••
Here is the answer:

ABC.XYZ = a short and valuable domain

99.5% of .XYZ names = worthless

.XYZ sales will probably rise for a while. So if you can grab a nice name like ABC.XYZ that makes sense is short and memorable.. then go for it!

•••
Some domainers might go bananas, registering a lot of .xyz like they do on every "major" event in the industry. Like with the sendyourenemiesglitter thing and so on. Don't think a holding company's usage of a new g (that's not aimed at consumers) will have a major impact on the market. How many end users have any contact with holding companies at all?

I will decline to buy keyword.xyz for $x-$xx as I have done in the past.

•••
Hello,

This morning bulk searched .XYZ for just over 10.000 top keywords and I found 1 (one) that I actually wanted to register. I Personally think it is *more or less* a waste of time to try to hand register anything now. 99,99% of the good .XYZ are gone.

Buy them at auctions at Namejet or Flippa instead. You'll be able to find great ones for $30 - $300.

•••
Just bought a few generic on Namecheap for $1
Not so bad :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ps. maybe not what you guys are after but these were available this morning:

- Thaiboxing.xyz
- Crimes.xyz
- Fajitas.xyz
- Djerba.xyz
- Standupcomedy.xyz
- Singaporean.xyz
- Sousse.xyz

•••
•••
•••
hennepkweken is free if somebody want it
I have a .com, so I don't need it :)

•••
I have to ask... why the fuss over one domain name?
Google owns several entire extensions. They decide to purchase one cute domain name from another extension and the hoopla that breaks out here, I find interesting.

Yes, Google does support the nTLDs. We know this by their demonstration of owning their own extensions (Plural.. as in many, with more still to come). They also are on recorded as stating that nTLDs will not be treated differently then the common gTLDs.

So why the fuss and feathers over .XYZ? It doesnt make sense to me.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

•••
I have to ask... why the fuss over one domain name?
Google owns several entire extensions. They decide to purchase one cute domain name from another extension and the hoopla that breaks out here, I find interesting.

Yes, Google does support the nTLDs. We know this by their demonstration of owning their own extensions (Plural.. as in many, with more still to come). They also are on recorded as stating that nTLDs will not be treated differently then the common gTLDs.

So why the fuss and feathers over .XYZ? It doesnt make sense to me.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

I think it has to do with:

1. The fact that Google is the world leading internet company (obviously).

2. People always tend to follow trends in large groups. 3d domains, drone domains, VR domains and now a somewhat corny extension.

3. Daniel Negari is smart.

•••

2. People always tend to follow trends in large groups. 3d domains, drone domains, VR domains and now a somewhat corny extension.

That still begs the question, "Why the hoopla over .XYZ".
Google is not trend setting on this. It is only one domain in one extension.
Google owns several (with more to come) domain extensions. Would it not be wiser to speculate in a Google "owned" extension rather then a singular domain in an extension owned by someone else.
If Google is the factor that we are speculating here... It would make more sense to me to be in with Google owned extensions. Would you not agree?

The trends are pretty much only followed by other domainers. It is a bit of an incestuous affair that domainers have with each other here. Yes, trends do happen but I would hazard to state that the domain trends that ensue are between domainers and not domainer to end user.

I am sure Daniel Negari is intelligent but does that give credence to the entire extension?

Just thoughts..

Cheers

•••
I had to google the first two and I give them a green 420 thumb-up ;)
Few more :)

castellano
genf
milch
alohastate
ayran
olie
oliven

•••
.XYZ is interesting because it has "logic" in the West (as the end of the alphabet) but key is that these are all good Chinese letters, so I don't know if Negari was thinking of that at the time, but it bridges East and West.

•••

That still begs the question, "Why the hoopla over .XYZ".
Google is not trend setting on this. It is only one domain in one extension.
Google owns several (with more to come) domain extensions. Would it not be wiser to speculate in a Google "owned" extension rather then a singular domain in an extension owned by someone else.
If Google is the factor that we are speculating here... It would make more sense to me to be in with Google owned extensions. Would you not agree?

The trends are pretty much only followed by other domainers. It is a bit of an incestuous affair that domainers have with each other here. Yes, trends do happen but I would hazard to state that the domain trends that ensue are between domainers and not domainer to end user.

I am sure Daniel Negari is intelligent but does that give credence to the entire extension?

Just thoughts..

Cheers

Exactly, Google are always buying names in various extension and with different keywords, domainers cant jump up and down just because the big G grabbed another name, the same thing happened when they grabbed G.co (and Twitter got no_url_shorteners and Amazon got A.co)and everyone said .CO will be the next big thing and all big companies will follow Google blah blah, it doesnt happen and wont ever happen

Google own nearly 12,000 names in various extensions, but dont go crazy when they register a new name in an different extension

•••
•••
•••
i got:

Tatoos .xyz
SUVcars .xyz

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back