NameSilo

Time to invest .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
After google decision is it worth investing in xyz extension? Will it's value increase?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
XYZ will experience a short-term correction in the next few years, and there will be massive drops due to the hundreds of thousands of free and almost free regs. However, it has something that most other new extensions can only dream of - a powerful anchor in the form of Google. With that in mind, it would not be wise to ignore the long-term potential of XYZ. After all, a couple of them fetched six-figure amounts over the past year.

•••
Anyone want to dev record.xyz with me?

•••
I have been renewing my top xyz names since 2014 and sold 1 to an end user

•••
I have been renewing my top xyz names since 2014 and sold 1 to an end user

Awesome! How many XYZ names do you own?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I dont know if I could consider me as end user, but I use VirtualNames.xyz for my portfolio

•••
I own 5 .xyz my latest one is NuevaYork.xyz I put it up for sale.

•••
•••
I learned from fast gTLDs lesson. Not owning any xyz, seeing them for $1 to register is a spam world by default.

The sales report of Maxtorz is not a good sign for investors.

Anyway, good luck to those who maintain this extension.

•••
Awesome! How many XYZ names do you own?

2 x 3L music word (emo,ska)
About 15 word like: Sponsor,Jetpack,Injector
2 x 4N
Maybe 4 x 5N chips
Too many 6N chips
20+ names got at $0.01 for fun

•••
I learned from fast gTLDs lesson. Not owning any xyz, seeing them for $1 to register is a spam world by default.

The sales report of Maxtorz is not a good sign for investors.

Anyway, good luck to those who maintain this extension.

Thanks, We should not invest in .com. There are plenty of $1 sales!

•••
Have several 3C xyz (LLN LNN NLL NNL) with repeating letters/numbers.

I know all those patterns get registered when they drop, and repeating letters/numbers should hold more value than random characters.

Any idea anyone what the current value range of those could be?

Thanks!

•••
There is not always a correlation between number of registrations and value.
The second largest registry in the world is .TK. Have you ever seen one of them in use or that sold?

Sure, the registrations are free but it is not a big difference between that and countless under $1 .XYZ regs.

The number of regs alone does not provide secondary market value. First you need a primary market, which is a strong user base. Then you need a secondary market where people are willing to pay a premium. Both markets barely exist at the moment in .XYZ.

Brad
so true , so true. .tk is a perfect example of this .

•••
I have sold some .xyz in low xxxx range. China has interest, but its hard to communicate now that their government has blocked emails from other countries. They contact directly but you can't reply unless you use a VPN or I.P changer.

•••
.XYZ is one of the few new extensions worth investing in. Many reasons, but let me point to only one of them: the .XYZ registry is the only one with a coherent promotion strategy, not the least of which is their attractive pricing. This is long term, of course, that is with no expectation of substantial profit for years to come. It's no threat to .COM, to be sure. This said, Google has shown the way and others will follow: .XYZ is a viable alternative to a .COM address. I'm betting (see disclaimer below) this will catch on, albeit slowly.

Disclaimer: my portfolio includes 500+ .XYZ's and counting. Most of my domains are acquired with a specific project in mind and not a quick flip and sale. This said, I'm happy to sell if a good opportunity (read: motivated buyer) presents itself ;)
geez , if I owned over 500 + .xyz domains I'd be talking up the extension too ,lol......

•••
just registered piratebay.xyz becayse I liked it.

•••
•••
Era.xyz
Rom.xyz
Tur.xyz
Gaz.xyz

Until the end :)

•••
The name VRStore.xyz was dropped and I was able to secure that name through dynadot auctions.
So far I have received two offers from Namepros members. Still Looking for great offers for this gem.

•••
XYZ has a market in China, now how much of that is real or money laundering who knows. A lot of these "sales" are definitely in the area of grey.

•••
-81,938 netto drops today, it's gonne rain drops soon when people have to renew their penny domains

•••
I too have 100's of .xyz domains and none sold so far. Time has already passed and no point in developing them.

•••
I wonder if XYz is still any good ive been using a few domains and kept a few i really liked but im not sure if i should just drop em or keep them for my portfolio,

I just dropped Chinasea.xyz the grace period will be over soon

•••
•••
I've had the following for a couple of years;

bham.xyz
snes.xyz
airfreight.xyz
safeway.xyz
hostess.xyz
lynden.xyz
ninkasi.xyz
safeway.xyz
studios.xyz

Anyone see any value, or have thoughts, suggestions, ideas, and/or offers?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back