Dynadot

Three Letter .CC

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

True_Snake

In-House Graphic DesignerVIP Member
Impact
Hey guys!

I have some 3-letter .CC domain names that I know are available.

My question: are they worth registering? Do you think 3-letter .CC's will be in high demand and therefore have high value in the coming years?

Your thoughs are appreciated! :tu:

Thanks! :blink:

True_Snake

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Verisign promoted +
Not intuitive -
Short extension +
General Registration/No restrictions +
Price (avg. $19) -
On GreatDomains.com -/+ (they are there, but not selling)
Good names still available + (you can get them)
Good names still available - (Nobody else wanted them)

Great 3 letters will be good, all others might get arms-length treatment from me for the time being. Also a good time to grab the best 3 letter or 1 word domains from those that hold .cc's, as most over-bought and need to consolidate their position/portfolio, iow there are deals to be had on the aftermarket.

Just FWIW: Over 1/2 of the current 3 letter .cc's are still available. The obvious ones are all gone (That was partly me ;) ), but still some decent ones left lurking.

bdd.cc
bah.cc
bev.cc
nag.cc
etc.

-Allan

•••
Even nice non-junk letter combos are pretty worthless right now..... save your money.

•••
johnny6 said:
Even nice non-junk letter combos are pretty worthless right now..... save your money.

I think it's the "right now" that's the operative word. If they had value above reg-fee "right now", they probably wouldn't be available to register. Any play in the market at the moment is either a bet on a future event (See Pope domains) or a bet on the market upswing as demand increases assuming no increase in supply (Or that the increase in supply comes from your invested area).
-Allan

True_Snake said:
Hey guys!

I have some 3-letter .CC domain names that I know are available.

True_Snake

Attached a .txt file with the 10,000 or so that are still available. Use what ever delimination tool you want to find some winners :)
-Allan

•••
Thanks Allan and John!

I'll see through the list and see if I can come up with better ones.

Thanks!

More opinions are welcome!

True_Snake

•••
The other thing you have to consider with these is the reg. fee. With the higher fees to register, obviousally your profits are minimized. With a 3 character .com if you sold it for say $50 and only registered it for $8 , then you made a $42 profit. With the .cc, you pay $20 to register it, and thus only make $30. I just made up these numbers, but I think you see my point. In the end, I think it really comes down to how good the domains you are considering purchasing really are.

Tom

•••
dude..it really depends on the 3 letters. you know.. I own LED.cc, which is a terrif 3 letter combo with a not so grand extension.. but I've had offers (several) of $100...but that fluctuates by the week and sometimes only brings offers as low as $40...sometimes lower..but there is always an interest in the domain.

if your letters are stronger than that, expect more of course. just be sure not to accpet less than you feel it's worth and be prepared to re-reg it for a couple more years. .CC isnt a horrid extention... it will grow in time... but your profit will directly reflect your patience.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back