Dynadot

Thoughts on NameBright?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Saw a nice post on DNW about namebright and now the bright orange banners here on namepros. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
that sounds good, will look forward to it.

•••
hippoking and stub:

While discussing privacy protection for domainers here is a question... If we could privatize your phone number would you prefer to receive absolutely no phone calls, or simply have a transparent pass-through to your phone number, but where your phone number is not exposed? So a potential customer could call us, be redirected to you, and you could answer the phone? While we are not looking this route right now the idea did come up today. This would be an interesting twist / change on how you can be contacted, and might reduce our overhead.

Thanks for suggestions.

•••
Both ideas sound good, however forwarding calls could get costly, anyways I am going to move my domains to you guys soon, as anonymize.com provides free whois protection on any registrar, and then i just change the email to [email protected], I submitted an email about using sales@(wildcarddomain.com) as default contact, however I never got an email back, is this possible? also do you guys plan to offer expiring domains as prerelease in the future ( i dont mind as long as its not like domain.com, hidden in their tos it states they can sell the domain after 30 days past expiration).

•••
nish - as long as your contact information is valid and correct and can be verified and validated on our end, you should be good. I suggest trying one or two domains as a test, as I don't really know how that service works. Be reminded that ICANN mandates that contact information must be accurate and valid.

As for expiring domains, our terms are clear that you get 30 days of grace period to pay for a renewal. (Auto-Renew Grace Period or AGP) After that you get 30 days of Redemption Grace Period. We do not offer expiring domains as pre-release, and don't have any plans to do that now. If we do we will be sure that we will abide by our policy and the registrant will get the 30 days of AGP and 30 days of RGP.

•••
I have added it on mongu(dot)com, does the details look okay?, and yeah the rest sounds really good, all my premium domains will be coming to you guys. last question, would i be able to push new transferred domains, or do you guys have a lock, because all my domains are for sale so it would be important that I can push domains instantly.

Last edited:
•••
It looks good to us. Just as long as we can contact you through that service and emails get to you. Also, it is not recommended you do not use an email address that is on the same domain that is being registered. Once a domain expires and we start sending emails saying "your domain has expired", you won't be receiving emails because the domain expired. It is not an ideal setup, but it is valid and works. In this situation you would be fine because the email address on your account is different, so you would be okay and still get expiration notifications from us.

•••
last question, would i be able to push new transferred domains, or do you guys have a lock, because all my domains are for sale so it would be important that I can push domains instantly.

Nish - account transfers are locked for 60 days to protect the seller - you. Lets say you took a check and transferred a domain, but then the check bounced..... However if you contact us directly and ask for this lock to be removed on a domain you transferred we will absolutely do this for you. If you are doing this often we can probably make it an account setting. We are all about automation to make your life easier.

•••
Awesome, thanks, I have transferred most of my domains, and as I get new ones I will move them to you, your service a really good, I think you are probably the best registrar I have ever been with, will recommend others to join if you haven't already, they have really efficient solution for portfolio holders, and even small domainers like me, find there system really intuitive.

•••
Thanks nish. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement. We want to make domain registration as easy as possible!

•••
Thanks nish. Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvement. We want to make domain registration as easy as possible!

Will do :)

•••
I think you are probably the best registrar I have ever been with with

Nish - this is just the start of our relationship. We want our software to work FOR YOU. let me know how we can help you further. I have sent you my personal email address via email. Let me know how we can help if you need anything specific!! Thanks for giving our software a try!

•••
rebies-i have a question regarding something mentioned above.
example 1: ive registered a domain name with namebright in january. in june i decide to 'push' the domain name to another namebright.com user account. i 'push' the domain to their account. they accept the domain and its 'pushed' into their account. they have posession of the name now. can the new owner 'push' the domain name anytime they wish to another namebright.com user, or is there a 60 day waiting period to do so? im confused about the '60 day lock' mentioned above. thanks

•••
freespeech - if you registered a domain in January it gets a registry lock of 60 days. If you now push the domain to another account, yes it will get another 60 day lock, but this time a registrar lock. But this is done for security purposes. (So people can't play hot-potato with a domain that might have been stolen from you.) If you push a domain and it gets locked for 60 more days, you can call in and verify with us you are the previous owner, and that you really want the lock removed. We can help with this type of thing.

•••
freespeech - if you registered a domain in January it gets a registry lock of 60 days. If you now push the domain to another account, yes it will get another 60 day lock, but this time a registrar lock. But this is done for security purposes. (So people can't play hot-potato with a domain that might have been stolen from you.) If you push a domain and it gets locked for 60 more days, you can call in and verify with us you are the previous owner, and that you really want the lock removed. We can help with this type of thing.

ok-thanks for the reply.

•••
How much time it will take to verify my account ? (i need it to get some domains fast)

-=-

•••
prab - please explain in more detail. Or PM me. Or call us at +1.303.893.0547. There are multiple things that "verify my account" could relate to. Email verification. Phone verification. Verification to bid on DropCatch.com, etc.

•••
hippoking and stub:

While discussing privacy protection for domainers here is a question... If we could privatize your phone number would you prefer to receive absolutely no phone calls, or simply have a transparent pass-through to your phone number, but where your phone number is not exposed? So a potential customer could call us, be redirected to you, and you could answer the phone? While we are not looking this route right now the idea did come up today. This would be an interesting twist / change on how you can be contacted, and might reduce our overhead.

Thanks for suggestions.

Hi Rebies,

If we want to use whois privacy for our domains, then it means we don't want to be contacted, we want to step away from spamming calls, spamming emails etc...

It's almost been one year since Namebright opens business to public and lots of my domains are next to renewal. Have you guys figured out a way for whois privacy pricing?

To be honest without whois privacy I don't Namebright's pricing are attracting any more. I've tried your method mentioned in previous thread: set up a domain like "TheBestPrivacyProtection.ext" and use "{domain}@TheBestPrivacyProtection.ext" as whois info. However, according to newest ICANN rules, don't we need to confirm email for every new domain?

•••
I'm interested in acquiring a domain that is in pending delete stage at NameBright. Where do I go to backorder or otherwise grab a NameBright drop? Thanks.

•••
I'm interested in acquiring a domain that is in pending delete stage at NameBright. Where do I go to backorder or otherwise grab a NameBright drop? Thanks.

TurnCommerce, Inc is the parent company of NameBright and DropCatch.

DropCatch.com is probably your best bet, but I'm not sure if they support "pre-release" backorders yet.

Either way, if the domain name is already in the pending delete stage, they can't offer it in a "pre-release" fashion. They can only try to secure it like all the other dropcatching companies at that point.

•••
•••
Joseph Green is correct. If the domain is in "pending delete" it is going to expire and go to a drop catching service. It does not matter what registrar the domain name is at.

This is always a handy chart
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/gtld-lifecycle-2012-02-25-en

In the case of NameBright and Redemption Grace Period domains: There are no pre-release backorders at this time.

•••
this is what gets annoying and frustrating. the domain name i am referring to is an active domain name with full website content for sales. i paid the renewal for the domain name yesterday. still shows expired in my control panel. whois check does not show the new renewal date. called them yesterday-friday-left a message and never did receive a call back. opened a ticket and still no response. its saturday morning and now the domain name is not resolving. opened another ticket. no phone service on weekends. i have now moved to believing that using namebright.com for mission critical websites while they their software bugs are sill being worked out is not a good idea. thanks

•••
freespeech... I am looking at our ticketing system and the only open ticket right now is about SPAM and probably has nothing to do with you. There is not a single voicemail that has not been responded to. Please PM me your information as I will look into this ASAP. We have never heard of / had an issue with a renewal that shows expired. And if you left a voicemail please PM me the phone number as well as I am extremely concerned if you left a voicemail and never heard back from us!!

While it sounds like you are frustrated, we are here to help.

•••
Phone: 303-893-0547. called yesterday shortly after renewing domain. received recording that said- 'all agents are busy. please leave your name and phone number and someone will respond back. for faster service email support'. this is not the first time i have not receive a call back. im not one to document every detail but i will sure cover my a** in the future regarding contacting support.

•••
I'm around most of today. Send me a PM with your username / the domain in question and I will look into it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back