Dynadot

advice This Person Really Doesn’t Like Domainers – How Would You Respond?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Even though the domain name industry can be extremely lucrative and very interesting to be involved with, some people really don't like domainers.

I ran across an interesting comment on one of our videos and wanted to share it with you.

How do you feel about this persons view of "domainers"?

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
ExcellentShortIberianlynx-max-1mb.gif

Just another "feels entitled" piece of trash.

Last edited:
•••
I should care what that person thinks about domainers because....?

Not really saying you should care at all. It was just interesting to see how others would handle this and if they have dealt with these types of people before.

85141_c0e518959f10f53cc3e63c14ae93f806.gif
Just another "feels entitled" piece of trash.

Lol nice!

•••
People like this are always blind to the fact that this happens to them in EVERY single aspect in life.

"Why does McDonalds sell so many burgers?! Oh, I can just start my own restaurant and sell them too? NO."

"Why does the train always leave when I get there?! Oh, I can just wake up early and catch it too? NO."

"Why does he get the hottest girl in school?! Oh, I can just talk to her and be her friend too? NO."

They're neither willing to work towards their dreams, nor willing to be satisfied with what they have.

•••
They're neither willing to work towards their dreams, nor willing to be satisfied with what they have.

TRUE!!! 100%!

•••
Not really saying you should care at all. It was just interesting to see how others would handle this and if they have dealt with these types of people before.

It's how I've dealt with such people before, how I've responded to them at times. Pointing out to them that their opinion on a matter means nothing to me. As in:

"I should care what you think about domainers because....?"

As createaweb said, it can often come down to them feeling 'entitled'. Like their opinion is always The right one.

Last edited:
•••
Think it's common for a percentage of people to feel this way especially if they have no money to buy it. :ROFL:
Whether that's ticket scalpers, real estate, domains etc... always gonna frustrate those that can't pay the price. Not like ya buy 1 domain at $8 rot on it for 10 years and make $10,000. Many have hundreds or thousands in renewal fees each year so they need to capitalize on sales to pay the bills as well. Also how many domains in inventory will never sell. Getting harder to grab expired $8 gems as well so auction costs another expense.

I've had a few write some nasty emails over the last 14 years giving me the whole rundown of a certain industry and how they are experts at sales in it and how the domain is only worth so much but it's kinda like if your such a badass at the industry you'd have a few bucks saved for the domain name from previous successful ventures. If your so good at sales ya wouldn't need a certain domain your content would just ring the register and then you could come back and invest those profits into a better domain. 2003 I personally had under 5 websites, 2017 40+ so if I'm gonna run my mouth on being an expert at something I'm gonna have stats/success/money in da bank to back it up.

I'll do payment plans on almost every owned/brokered domain currently in inventory as well to ease their pain and make life seem more fair. K-Mart style domain layaway. :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
You can reply to him that he can choose a .xyz or .top and pay very little or add a word.

Btw joke apart the land comparison is direct to the point..

•••
here's what I'd say.

"I will find you."

•••
domainer and forex trader almost the same! nobody like them ! little ppl hate them! but for big player or boss, they like trader and domainer! you know why ? because we kiss their ass :)

•••
Shut your Mouth, Open your Wallet!

:)

•••
'll do payment plans on almost every owned/brokered domain currently in inventory as well to ease their pain and make life seem more fair. K-Mart style domain layaway.

I was actually thinking about offering this option for some of my domains. Has it worked out for you?

You can reply to him that he can choose a .xyz or .top and pay very little or add a word.

Btw joke apart the land comparison is direct to the point..

lol... .xyz...

here's what I'd say.

"I will find you."

HAHAH! Nice!

domainer and forex trader almost the same! nobody like them ! little ppl hate them! but for big player or boss, they like trader and domainer! you know why ? because we kiss their ass

Interesting point.

Shut your Mouth, Open your Wallet!

:sneaky:

•••
They are a troll Omar! Like Brad commented on OmarandWill.com, their vulgarity, poor spelling, grammar and punctuation speak volumes about the type of person leaving the comment.

•••
The dogs bark but the caravan goes on...:xf.smile:

•••
That was good for a laugh! The angry person that posted probably does not have enough money to buy a .99 cheeseburger.

I just had one person send a nasty email about a name I've had for eleven years. About a year ago they offered me 100, then went to 300 about 2 months ago. Believe it or not, they hired a broker to contact me and the offer was 500. The name is fairly priced at 2500 and the broker agreed. I said if they took it within 24 hours I would drop the price to 2200 and even let them finance it for 2 years.

Based on the tone of their most recent email, we will not have a meeting of the minds. I tried to explain the value of the name, reg fees, etc. but they did not want to hear/read it.

Now that I think about it, the price will go up to 3500 soon and I may use it for my domain marketplace...oh well.

•••
That was good for a laugh! The angry person that posted probably does not have enough money to buy a .99 cheeseburger.

I just had one person send a nasty email about a name I've had for eleven years. About a year ago they offered me 100, then went to 300 about 2 months ago. Believe it or not, they hired a broker to contact me and the offer was 500. The name is fairly priced at 2500 and the broker agreed. I said if they took it within 24 hours I would drop the price to 2200 and even let them finance it for 2 years.

Based on the tone of their most recent email, we will not have a meeting of the minds. I tried to explain the value of the name, reg fees, etc. but they did not want to hear/read it.

Now that I think about it, the price will go up to 3500 soon and I may use it for my domain marketplace...oh well.
LOL...if they eventually contact you again and ask why the f**k the price is raising you could answer that you have bonded the pricing to bitcoin value:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/
:xf.grin:

•••
Heh, yeah, how the *&%# does that person even buy ANYthing with that thought process...? :ROFL:O_o

•••
•••
... you're like ticket scalpers
I have to agree with that point of view. This is exactly what we are.
Of course its frustrating to be on the buyer's side.

•••
They are a troll Omar! Like Brad commented on OmarandWill.com, their vulgarity, poor spelling, grammar and punctuation speak volumes about the type of person leaving the comment.

o-INTERNET-TROLL-facebook.jpg

The dogs bark but the caravan goes on...:xf.smile:

Yep!

LOL. Yeah, I've been in that situation as well. Even when the price is fair, sometimes people just don't want to budge.

LOL...if they eventually contact you again and ask why the f**k the price is raising you could answer that you have bonded the pricing to bitcoin value:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

:xf.cool:

Nah, I don't agree with that one.

•••
•••
•••

I don't think it's a good analogy. Scalpers force you to pay extra money when there's a limited supply of tickets. In most cases you have no other options... either pony up or you don't get to see the show.

Domains are more or less unlimited. If buyers don't want to pay a premium, they can just get a lower quality name and make a website. Domainers aren't stopping anyone from building a site.

•••
No.problem. everyone have own ways of understanding..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back