Dynadot

Thinking of selling my domain on E-Bay for $100,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
hey guys.

i am selling my domain "iamfull.com" on e-bay I have asked for appraisals here and other forms and people said that it would be worth reg fee or mid $XX,

but i'm putting it on E-bay for $100,000. i want to do it because Last week i think it was; Invention.com was sold for $600,000+US and now i just wanna do it,

i know that "iamfull.com" is nowhere near as good as "invention.com" but there is no harm in putting this on E-bay for that much money (((is there please let me know??))) and if my luck is good someone might buy it. after all its Ebay

Please leave some comments, thanks

=====================================================

Anyway is there anything i should know before i put it on ebay?

I rarely Use Ebay. so i might have some questions later on:

o and Which category should i list this in?

======================================================

o and how do i get people to know that my domain is on sale on Ebay?

where can i advertise? (for free)
and please recommend me some forums, where i can let people know that my domain is on sale.

THANK YOU

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do not put a high reserve, it will cost you!

You may well get bids but it is likely they will be false.

The name was appraised at fair value here on the forum JMO, not quite Invention.com and I believe that "sale" has yet to be confirmed :blink:

Good luck

•••
... and now i just wanna do it,

Closed your other threads for the same domain name in the "Domain Discussions", "Appraisals", and "Legal Issues" (selling directly to Taco Bell, for instance) Forums! :gl:

Good Luck with your Ebay auction.
-Jeff B-)

•••
xpoint9 said:
i know that "iamfull.com" is nowhere near as good as "invention.com" but there is no harm in putting this on E-bay for that much money (((is there please let me know??))) and if my luck is good someone might buy it. after all its Ebay

it would be like comparing a piece of gravel to a bar of gold, I'm sorry, you are just wasting a listing fee.

•••
wot said:
Do not put a high reserve, it will cost you!

You may well get bids but it is likely they will be false.

The name was appraised at fair value here on the forum JMO, not quite Invention.com and I believe that "sale" has yet to be confirmed :blink:

Good luck
Exactly!

It is a waste if time IMHO, but as many ebay auctions do, it could prove entertaining.

•••
First, invention.com is much more brandable than iamfull.com << I mean what's it about?
Second, "invention" is a dictionary word, not something like "inexposurable" but actually something that we use almost every day. Therefore it's well worth $600k.
Third, it's just a waste of $xx on a listing fee, even if you get a bid from a newbie with 1 feedback for a 99cent ebook, it doesn't mean you'll be lucky to be 1/10th of the way to becoming a millionaire B-)

IMO it's really worth reg fee and there's nothing special about it.

•••
You should list Iamfull.com on eBAY
For $100K
It will be a very interesting Sale because
1/ It will teach you a valuable lesson ,that Just because another name sells
for $xxx,xxx doesn't mean any other Name will sell for anything over Reg-fee
2/ You will learn lots of new Phrases and words from all the flaming and Spam emails about your very high and unachievable price.
3/ You can then finally accept the much more realistic appraisals given here by many people who have sold names in various places for $x,xxx which were much better names then "IamFull.com" . $100k is A very good price for any name .
And is only realised for the Real Premium names
4/ You should have regged "IamFullOfShit.com", "IDontHaveAClue.com","IHaveNotGotAnyIdeasAboutValues.com"
as Well and sold them all as a Set

Last edited:
•••
Barefoottech said:
4/ You should have regged "IamFullOfShit.com", "IDontHaveAClue.com","IHaveNotGotAnyIdeasAboutValues.com"
as Well and sold them all as a Set

Ouch!

Lux

•••
Just say your kidding please...LMAO

•••
You don't pay pennies to list things in eBay. And why waste time on something that's highly not possible? Any one with common sense will not buy a domain like iamfull.com for $100k. We're all talking about real money here, not monopoly money. You should really listen to some advices posted to you (for your sake) by the members in this forum because you are new to the business. Yes, it might have unknown potential but that will not be because it is iamfull.com, it will be with time, effort and advertisement. From what I see now, it is only a low $xx domain with none of the three.

Hope this helps,
Flora.

•••
There is really no point in selling domain names on ebay unless they are actually valued at over 1000$. I'm just speechless on how you expect to even list this name on ebay.

•••
•••
Definitly go for ebay ! and post all bidders questions please :)

•••
I also question if "IamFull.com" is that much brandable. Can't see it IMHO. It's in the league of "DorkDomains.com", "GoStuffYou.com", "SodOff.com", "BurstingBelly.com", "GetOffMyWebsite.com" and so forth....
Sorry, but do try.

•••
Not to be rude but I doubt if anyone would like to take over it for reg fee? :|

•••
and please recommend me some forums, where i can let people know that my domain is on sale.
Get Some novelty Toilet Paper printed with the details and place in public bathrooms at sporting events.

•••
:lol: Excellent thread guys! 'Walks away chuckling to himself'

•••
LOL :lol: He needs to learn.

•••
Unless the rest of you lunatics hadnt noticed, this is posted in the newbie section and asking for advice. So take a sit back in our 'im smug because ive been in this game more than 5 minutes' chair, take a good look at yourselves, take a deep breath and answer the guy wholeheartedly, without malice and constructively....

God i hate comments like "go regged iam a full of shit", well let tell you something my friend, based on that comment...... You got it!

On the subject in hand and in the same vein as has been mentioned already, for the sake of a few bucks go try and sell it for big dollars. In the very least you will learn some valuable lessons, and in the best instance someone will PM you a more sensible price which you might be happy with. In any case good luck

•••
Barefoottech said:
Get Some novelty Toilet Paper printed with the details and place in public bathrooms at sporting events.

hahaha,

Talking about millions and yet dont want to pay any penny on advertisment. That's hillarious.

We need one such thread every now and then to have some chukkle and get some relief in this world which is full of tension these days.

•••
Its hard enough to sell domain names with reasonable prices in ebay and not to forget that its full with scammers. So what are your chances selling a reg fee domain for $100.000 !!!

Good Luck Anyway ;)

•••
Badger said:
Unless the rest of you lunatics hadnt noticed, this is posted in the newbie section and asking for advice. So take a sit back in our 'im smug because ive been in this game more than 5 minutes' chair, take a good look at yourselves, take a deep breath and answer the guy wholeheartedly, without malice and constructively....

God i hate comments like "go regged iam a full of shit", well let tell you something my friend, based on that comment...... You got it!

On the subject in hand and in the same vein as has been mentioned already, for the sake of a few bucks go try and sell it for big dollars. In the very least you will learn some valuable lessons, and in the best instance someone will PM you a more sensible price which you might be happy with. In any case good luck

I think it is the fact that this was originally posted all over the forum and not in the Newbie bit and that the thread starter (after asking for advice in the sense of an appraisal) is throwing it back at the community with a "I know better, but tell me i'm right" attitude is what is upsetting people. Which I am sure (well, hope) he didn't meen.

Anyway, I am sure he will go out and buy some flame retardent pants with 'slot for boiler plate' before he makes similar posts (still chuckling...).

Got to admit though, some of the comments are a bit strong...

•••
Badger said:

I Totally disagree, instead of letting him waste his money - as you suggest. We are (in good humor) showing how ludicrous his idea is. If it were me, I would rather have a few harsh comments that don't tap my wallet - than some patsy "go and try"...you never know...

The truth is we do know, that is why we are here. He is asking for our advice, and we are giving it. Sorry if it is harsh - but sometimes it take a 2x4 to get through to people.

We are not saying this in malice, we are doing it with good intentions (at least I am).

•••
Just my opinion but I would try and list on ebay, you never know ;) but would have a reserve of about $100 so as not to be upset. I think what people here are trying to say is that we all like to think our names are worth that much so we can retire but in reality there are very few of these names around. Try parking it at sedo for a while, its free and maybe you will get lucky and find a good buyer.

Wishing you lots of luck :tu:

•••
this was the best threat i ever read here. i did not laught so much for a while. thanks :)))))))))
wish you best of luck to sell this domain at price you are asking for, who knows, world is full of strange people, and may be some of them have 100k to pay for iamfull.com.
Just dont forget, this is 3 words domain. more words-less value.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back