IT.COM

These 3 letter domains worth anything?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm not about to purchase these at $15 - $30, so maybe someone else might like them. These are unregistered domains. Just want to see if you think any of them are worth anything.

Also, if you do purchase one and sell it or build on it, will you post in this thread about it, please? Just curious to see how creative I was...

zee.bz
pal.bz (could be about pals)
pro.name (could be pro golf names)
pop.name (could be for pop stars)
boa.bz
yoo.bz (sounds like you)
two.bz
xei.cc
vew.cc (sounds like view)
yel.cc (sounds like yell)
xox.name
xnx.cc
bnb.cc
enj.cc (E&J)
nex.cc (sounds like next)
sno.cc (sounds like snow)
wor.cc (sounds like war)
uze.cc (sounds like use)
nuz.cc (news)
fuz.cc (fuzz)
haz.cc (has)
jaz.bz (jazz)
pez (pezz)
liz.bz
kuz.cc (because...people say cuz alot)
hiz.cc (his)
yez.cc (yes)
duz.cc (does)
pex.bz (pecks)
omy.cc (oh my)

If just one of them sounds like it might be worth something, then I'll be happy. Enjoy.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sandyfeet said:
I'm not about to purchase these at $15 - $30, so maybe someone else might like them. These are unregistered domains. Just want to see if you think any of them are worth anything.

Also, if you do purchase one and sell it or build on it, will you post in this thread about it, please? Just curious to see how creative I was...

yez.cc (yes)

If just one of them sounds like it might be worth something, then I'll be happy. Enjoy.....
hmm, I own yez.com so yez.cc would be nice.

•••
if it were a .com that would be valuable.

•••
weblord said:
if it were a .com that would be valuable.

Very true!!
I'm new to this whole domain thing. So, was'nt sure if the .cc, .name & .bz were worth anything at all. I just keep seeing people talking about 3 letter domains. Guess they're quite popular.

•••
Hello all,

As a whole, 3 letter domains are among the most valuable type of domains on the market today.

This said, the extension of the 3 letter domains can have a HUGE effect in determining valuation. In general terms, most LLL.bz or LLL.cc (as referenced in the original post) are worth right around reg fee. Some with meaning, or that are actual words might be worth a tad more, depending on possible end-user desireability.

LLL domains in the extensions of .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .us, .co.uk, .de, and .eu are all of significant value (much greater than reg fee, depending on extension). Part of this comes as all LLL combos in those extensions have been registered and the only way to buy one is from the current owner.

It looks like we're a long way from a buyout (all registered) for LLL.bz's and LLL.cc's, but some money can be made in those extensions with some luck and sales acumen. For the most part, sticking with the major extensions for LLL domains has yielded very strong returns for their owners...and maybe one day LLL domains in these other extensions will follow.

I hope this is of help,
Thanks,
zesty

•••
So all those .cc names are'nt really worth a squat??? Could not find any good .com, .net, etc.....everyone took em all. :(

I also found alot of good one-word domains ... .biz, .info, .org, .net ......not any .com's though.

•••
Only a month or so ago, there were .cc domains like rot.cc, mum.cc (which I registered) for reg fee. So random letters, even if nice letters, aren't worth anything. Yet.

•••
Three letter .cc domains are currently not worth much, but the resale prices could rise when all 3-letter .cc domains are gone. The problem is also the high regfee. If you hold on to a .cc for a couple if years will most of the possible profit probably be used on renewal fees.

Three letters is always a good investment on all the major gTLD´s and the most popular ccTLD´s such as .de .co.uk and .us. three letters is some of the most secure domain investments. If you buy at resale prices will you at least always be able to get your invested money back. So far, have the prices on three letter domains under the major gTLDs never lowered over time.

•••
it costs about 28.88 to register for one year for .bz on namecheap.com might be because the demands for the ext are not that great yet.

•••
Are .us names any good??? Sorry for the dumb questions.
Thought of this one: protectyourrights.us - not gonna register it, just thought it might be worth a penny or two. Could be for a personal injury site or something.

Thought of a bunch more names for personal injury type of site that are not registered yet...all .biz, .net, .info, .org (1 is a .com). But not sure if it's worth it to buy this type of domain...overflooded market??

Last edited:
•••
Even mid xx$ on 3 letter .us domains seems to the minimum now. Guess they will go to at least high xx$ in a few months, even for bad letters.

Any thoughts on 3 letter .info domains? Seems they are not going under low xxx$ at the moment.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back