NameSilo

There's no money in domain names... this industry full of bullsh*t.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Premiums

find.venturesTop Member
Impact
there's no money in domain names.. this industry full of bullsh*t.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would agree that some reported sales do not appear to be legit domain investor to third party sales - just hype to pump domain registrations or auction activity. It would be interesting to see an estimate of how much domain investors spend collectively on acquisitions and renewals vs end user sales. If you exclude the top 2% of investors i.e. Schwartz, Schilling, Berkens, etc unfortunately I do not believe the industry (excluding registrars and auction platforms) would show a profit.

That would be an interesting poll Garp, first we have to decide the top 2% so people know what they are voting on. It's like how many full time domainers are there in the world, so many people have different figures. But if we excluded the top x amount of people would the rest of the industry be profitable? Interesting question.

•••
•••
Maybe the OP should try making websites instead of investing in domain names. Building up a website that gives people value is a great buzz even if it doesn't make you money. Watching people visit and use something you created is greatly rewarding and probably has a higher chance of developing into an income than simple speculation (domaining) alone.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back