Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.6%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Giving thanks...
From the link/article:

"Instead of being frightened or intimidated by others, we need to welcome all people without judgment."

Our Thanksgiving this year will be multi-cultural and multi-ethnic...I will approach it as a time to learn about things I might not be very familiar with. I hope everyone has a happy and safe week.

•••
Our Thanksgiving this year will be multi-cultural and multi-ethnic...
I am left wondering what that looks like. How do you make a specifically US holiday multi-cultural? And how do you add ethnicities to your family holiday? Do you drive around until you find a family that looks different and invite them over for Turkey?

Maybe I am salty because good Turkey dinners are so rare in Japan, where a turkey is called a "seven-face bird." No idea why.

•••
I am left wondering what that looks like. How do you make a specifically US holiday multi-cultural? And how do you add ethnicities to your family holiday? Do you drive around until you find a family that looks different and invite them over for Turkey?

Maybe I am salty because good Turkey dinners are so rare in Japan, where a turkey is called a "seven-face bird." No idea why.

I don’t like Turkey , it’s too dry , the legs have a bunch long bone things in them. We will be having Pheasant this year .

I don’t eat much pork at all, so a bone in spiral Ham is out too .

Last edited:
•••
I don’t like Turkey , it’s too dry , the legs have a bunch long bone things in them. We will be having Pheasant this year .

That's what people here say - too dry. Pheasant is great, but I am always worried about chomping on a bit of birdshot rather than shot-bird.

Last edited:
•••
The vast number of my immediate family are military or missionary based...the others are educators and businessmen. There are all colors in the mix...white, yellow, brown and black. One attendee (a relative thru marriage) is brining a cousin that has never experienced a Thanksgiving meal.

So there is no need for me to drive around...it will be a delivery based event.

•••
The vast number of my immediate family are military or missionary based...the others are educators and businessmen. There are all colors in the mix...white, yellow, brown and black. One attendee (a relative thru marriage) is brining a cousin that has never experienced a Thanksgiving meal.

So there is no need for me to drive around...it will be a delivery based event.

•••
One attendee (a relative thru marriage) is brining a cousin that has never experienced a Thanksgiving meal.

That seems harsh, even for a bad cousin. Why? Just in case you run out of turkey?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.) Enjoy your holidays.

•••
That seems harsh, even for a bad cousin. Why? Just in case you run out of turkey?

(Sorry - couldn't resist.) Enjoy your holidays.
LOL! First time I laughed out loud since yesterday.

It has been a rough day around here...small brush fire got out of hand and nearly took out a building, insurance on vehicles lapsed due to my error and my dog (had to have her leg amputated due to cancer a couple of weeks ago) had a bad day. A chuckle was needed badly...thank you.

•••
•••

As Biden ramps up for a Trump rematch, Democrats worry he’d lose to another Republican​

1669110784642.png

Top Democrats see Republicans’ unenthusiastic greeting of Donald Trump’s third White House bid with a combination of schadenfreude and perhaps some other German word for terrifying, unintended consequences: They love seeing the former president struggle, but privately some tell CNN they worry this could lead to a more difficult 2024 campaign against a younger, fresher Republican.

President Joe Biden heads into Thanksgiving for the first of several stretches with family members whose advice he’ll seek on whether to launch another campaign. He has privately and publicly signaled that he sees Democrats’ better-than-expected midterm results as an endorsement of him running for a second term – and he’s reveling in how many in his party seem to be agreeing with him.

source CNN
edition.cnn.com/2022/11/21/politics/joe-biden-reelection-2024-trump-republican/index.html

Last edited:
•••
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA so sad.

Last edited:
•••

As Biden ramps up for a Trump rematch, Democrats worry he’d lose to another Republican​

Show attachment 227379
Top Democrats see Republicans’ unenthusiastic greeting of Donald Trump’s third White House bid with a combination of schadenfreude and perhaps some other German word for terrifying, unintended consequences: They love seeing the former president struggle, but privately some tell CNN they worry this could lead to a more difficult 2024 campaign against a younger, fresher Republican.

President Joe Biden heads into Thanksgiving for the first of several stretches with family members whose advice he’ll seek on whether to launch another campaign. He has privately and publicly signaled that he sees Democrats’ better-than-expected midterm results as an endorsement of him running for a second term – and he’s reveling in how many in his party seem to be agreeing with him.

source CNN
edition.cnn.com/2022/11/21/politics/joe-biden-reelection-2024-trump-republican/index.html

Anyone want an 83 year old president ??? he can’t even exit a stage in the right direction at 80 lol .

Biden loses no matter who runs on the Republican side IMO , 2 years from now the economy will be a pure nightmare

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
How about outright lies? :unsure:

You have to be dishonest to ignore America's economy was growing, wages were rising, poverty was shrinking before the China-virus pandemic.

Obama's recovery looked great because growth was from a deep recession, and he had eight years. Trump only had three, the last being cut short by the pandemic and democrat sponsored riots in major cities across the USA.

Trump took a growing economy and made it much, much better.

I can imagine the gnashing of teeth and name calling if one of Donald Trump's son's had a bastard child with a stripper, then ignored his existence.

1669679013742.png

Also, while we are talking, what about Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg pressuring Trudeau to crack down hard on the Trucker protest after support BLM riots.

Last edited:
•••
Also, while we are talking, what about Joe Biden and Pete Buttigieg pressuring Trudeau to crack down hard on the Trucker protest after support BLM riots.

I'm not sure what it had to to with BLM riots, but Trudeau complained about the money coming out of US in support of the Ottawa trucker rally. It was pressure from Biden to get the bridge open so that car parts could be delivered, or they'd have to shut down plants in US.

They've held a full inquiry since... it was interesting to hear all parties' side of the story, have you tuned in? :headphone:

•••
I'm not sure what it had to to with BLM riots, but Trudeau complained about the money coming out of US in support of the Ottawa trucker rally. It was pressure from Biden to get the bridge open so that car parts could be delivered, or they'd have to shut down plants in US.

IMO the Freedom Rally was a big ol' MAGA red herring thingy from the start. Throw a bunch of truckers in the downtown capital, then freeze the US/Can bridge so Canadian automakers get sidelined...simple plan, didn't work. :sneaky:

•••
IMO the Freedom Rally was a big ol' MAGA red herring thingy from the start. Throw a bunch of truckers in the downtown capital, then freeze the US/Can bridge so Canadian automakers get sidelined...simple plan, didn't work. :sneaky:
Whatever your opinion of the truckers, you should be far more concerned that the government colluded with banks and payment services to freeze their funds. If your money is in the bank, it's not your money anymore. And that's nothing compared to when Canada introduces a central bank digital currency. Wrong opinion? Money gone! Right opinion? You are allowed to spend your money, but only on things approved for you by the government. I suspect your classic car and snowmobile might not be on that list.

•••
Whatever your opinion of the truckers, you should be far more concerned that the government colluded with banks and payment services to freeze their funds. If your money is in the bank, it's not your money anymore. And that's nothing compared to when Canada introduces a central bank digital currency. Wrong opinion? Money gone! Right opinion? You are allowed to spend your money, but only on things approved for you by the government. I suspect your classic car and snowmobile might not be on that list.

I like truckers. I have many friends who are truckers. I'm more concerned about some right-wing networks (ie. Atlas Network) influencing US/Canadian government policy, lobbying against inherent indigenous rights and sovereignty in order to remove barriers for fossil fuel development by opposing bills that effectively remove the right for people to have a say in the development of their own land. When will we come to realize that we can't eat money?

BTW, I sold my skidoo, instead I use an electric fatbike which I charge by solar (also received a provincial rebate for going green).

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back