Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
He's nervous, again. Then 5 more tweets on Strzok.

Why is it hard to believe a racist would use the n word?

When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 6h6 hours ago

Last edited:
•••
Closing arguments tomorrow for Trump's former Campaign manager Manafort.

Defense rests in Paul Manafort trial; closing arguments Wednesday

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/politics/paul-manafort-trial-robert-mueller-day-11/index.html

--------------
I guess he's trying to get more people fired

Bruce Ohr of the “Justice” Department (can you believe he is still there) is accused of helping disgraced Christopher Steele “find dirt on Trump.” Ohr’s wife, Nelly, was in on the act big time - worked for Fusion GPS on Fake Dossier. @foxandfriends
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

-----------------
Almost 300k now

https://www.gofundme.com/peterstrzok

----------------
This dummy actually posted this to his Instagram, then deleted it:
DkkRnPqXgAAQEXa

Last edited:
•••
Very unhappy in Sweden apparently.
They will be happy once they burn the whole country down and transform it into a sh+t hole, just like the ones they came from...

Last night... INFERNO IN SWEDEN
SWEDEN RIOTS: Masked gangs set FIRE to up to 100 vehicles in shock violence weeks before election
SWEDEN was engulfed in violence last night as dozens of cars were set alight and stones were thrown at police by gangs of masked youths rampaged across the country.

Fires were reported in Malmö, Gothenburg and Helsingborg and shocking footage showed youths destroying vehicles in a shopping centre and hospital car park in Frölunda Torg in the west of the country.

https://www.dw.com/en/wave-of-arson-attacks-hit-cars-in-gothenburg-other-swedish-cities/a-45074080

After 100 cars were destroyed last night, Swedish police ‘want to talk’ with the parents of the guilty minors... WOW... looks like the Swedish Police are finally beginning to see how serious the situation has become...
They may even give the rioters a Happy Meal, if they don't burn any cars for at least a week...
R_irPe4p-702x459.jpg

And to think they used to be Vikings!!!
Hope the brainwashed Swedes wake up in next months elections!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Worse, I can tell you that the US is already more communist than China, where people are actually encouraged to get rich rather than demonized......... least, in China, the people have some idea of how free they are. They do laugh at Americans, but not at the things you think.

I'm a little late on this, just saw the video today, but it reminded me of @Domainace past (ridiculous) posts on China, see just one of them above:

"By 2020, China plans to give all its 1.4. billion citizens a personal score based on how they behave. Some with low scores are already being punished if they want to travel. Next week, the program will start expanding nationwide."

which reminded me of

Last edited:
•••
Founder of Sam Adams beer, explains how the tax cut helped them complete against foreign breweries and liberals are having a meltdown calling for boycotts of half a dozen companies including Fedex.

https://twitter.com/JoeBarri/status/1028121245009825792

Left-wing twitter makes the three stooges look like Harvard professors rocket scientist.

•••
Unfortunately the West and China look more and more alike. Just look at the mass surveillance already being perpetrated in the West and expanded at a dramatic pace. And when it comes to biometrics, the US has shown the way and given other nations an excuse to pursue the same sinister path.
PS: I recommend that episode of Black Mirror.

And by the way, plenty of people are banned from traveling in the US, for example deadbeat dads, felons but plenty of other categories of people. Same in Russia.
In the US, you also have no-fly lists in which anybody can land by accident or by virtue of name, when that happens good luck fighting against the administrative arbitrariness without a clear process for redress. Those lists are already very big, and growing.

And of course, the US has more people behind bars than any country on Earth incl. China.
Land of the not so free.

•••
Unfortunately the West and China look more and more alike. Just look at the mass surveillance already being perpetrated in the West and expanded at a dramatic pace. And when it comes to biometrics, the US has shown the way and given other nations an excuse to pursue the same sinister path.
PS: I recommend that episode of Black Mirror.

And by the way, plenty of people are banned from traveling in the US, for example deadbeat dads, felons but plenty of other categories of people. Same in Russia.
In the US, you also have no-fly lists in which anybody can land by accident or by virtue of name, when that happens good luck fighting against the administrative arbitrariness without a clear process for redress. Those lists are already very big, and growing.

And of course, the US has more people behind bars than any country on Earth incl. China.
Land of the not so free.

Not even close.

Personal Freedom/Overall

China - 4.81/5.63 - ranked 141 out of 159
United States - 8.79/8.27 - ranked 23 out of 159

Germany - 9.44/8.49
Iceland - 9.38/8.22
Portugal - 9.15/8.32

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato....edom-index-2016-country-profiles-update-4.pdf

We do have more people in prison and that needs to be worked on/prison reform.

In the US, you also have no-fly lists in which anybody can land by accident or by virtue of name

Don't know one person on it, tried to find stats:

FBI no-fly list revealed: 81,000 names, but fewer than 1,000 are Americans
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/20/fbi-no-fly-list-revealed-81k-names-fewer-1k-us/

We have almost 326 million population. You might find a mistake here and there but most are probably on it for a reason. Fewer than 1,000 Americans/326,000,000

Last edited:
•••
White House: cannot guarantee tape won't reveal Trump using n word

•••
Two reasons we have more people in prison is because we prosecute property and drug crime. Last nights riots in Sweden destroyed property across the country, police and first responders were assaulted with rocks but no one was even arrested.

•••
White House: cannot guarantee tape won't reveal Trump using n word

It won't matter. Liberals will be outraged but media will scream so loud people will just tune them out.

•••
Two reasons we have more people in prison is because we prosecute property and drug crime. Last nights riots in Sweden destroyed property across the country, police and first responders were assaulted with rocks but no one was even arrested.

There are arrests:

UPDATED: Two people have been arrested in connection with a spate of car fires in the Gothenburg area.

https://www.thelocal.se/20180814/cars-burn-in-spate-of-attacks-across-sweden-gothenburg-stockholm

Most were wearing masks and such, still ongoing, so probably more coming.

Were arrests last time as well in 2013:

"He said eight people had been arrested on Tuesday night, but there were no reports of injuries."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...by-worst-riots-in-years-idUSBRE94L0CH20130522

With the U.S. we have laws, you break them, you can get arrested. I do believe we can do better and a lot of drug arrests, treatment centers would be better, instead of jail.

Last edited:
•••
Two. Ha ha. They better get a handle on it otherwise it will be like FR, cars burning every night for weeks.

•••
Very unhappy in Sweden apparently.
They will be happy once they burn the whole country down and transform it into a sh+t hole, just like the ones they came from...

Last night... INFERNO IN SWEDEN
SWEDEN RIOTS: Masked gangs set FIRE to up to 100 vehicles in shock violence weeks before election
SWEDEN was engulfed in violence last night as dozens of cars were set alight and stones were thrown at police by gangs of masked youths rampaged across the country.

Fires were reported in Malmö, Gothenburg and Helsingborg and shocking footage showed youths destroying vehicles in a shopping centre and hospital car park in Frölunda Torg in the west of the country.

https://www.dw.com/en/wave-of-arson-attacks-hit-cars-in-gothenburg-other-swedish-cities/a-45074080

After 100 cars were destroyed last night, Swedish police ‘want to talk’ with the parents of the guilty minors... O_o WOW... looks like the Swedish Police are finally beginning to see how serious the situation has become...:banghead:
They may even give the rioters a Happy Meal, if they don't burn any cars for at least a week...
R_irPe4p-702x459.jpg

•••
Not even close.
You can see that the US ranks 'only' 23th and I don't think the trend is up especially right now.
This is the 2016 version of the report.
I wonder what the future versions of the report will look like.
Cato focuses a lot on economic freedom.
I don't think the ratio of prisoners vs population was used for ranking freedom index.

And you think other countries don't ? They do, at varying degrees. But jailing people for drug-related offense is most of the time the wrong thing to do.

Could have been worse. Like Ferguson perhaps.

•••
•••

Still a ways to go before we resemble China, but things could be worse, and the current administration seems headed in that direction. Biometrics and surveillance tech can either be used or abused. Nuff said.

Agree on the drug related offenses. For most (excluding dealers, violent criminals), throwing them in jail doesn't solve anything.

It won't matter.
Would it matter to you? Or would you give him a pass on that? Where do you personally draw the line on what is and is not OK? Or are you so deferential to "authority figures" that no matter what they do, they can do no wrong?
And was that line different for you 5 years ago?
I don't care if you don't want to answer that, but at least be honest with yourself.

Last edited:
•••
Still a ways to go before we resemble China, but things could be worse, and the current administration seems headed in that direction. Biometrics and surveillance tech can either be used or abused. Nuff said.

Agree on the drug related offenses. For most (excluding dealers, violent criminals), throwing them in jail doesn't solve anything.

Would it matter to you? Or would you give him a pass on that?
Depends on how it's used, just like everyone else.

•••
•••
I watched a documentary on Netflix a few months ago called A Survivor's Guide To Prison - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4323370/

I actually took notes on my phone:

95% of people in prison via plea

3 felonies a day all of us, so many laws

1 dollar a minute to use prison phone

Black 20 more - don't remember

Marijuana same as heroin federal

50% have psychiatric problems

Private money

1 in 10 sex abused

1 million are in forced labor, big Corp making body armor, office furniture for pennies, prison for profit

150 private prisons

10% in private prisons

Estimated 40,000-100,000 wrongfully convicted

20% attacked every 6 months

80% go back in 5 years, state prisons, however:

5.1% go back in Kentucky that take part in the Shakespeare arts program - I Googled it:
https://www.shakespearebehindbars.org/programs/kentucky/

Restorative justice programs only 10% return rate

You commit crime, understandable you want to punish them, but most don't stay there for life, come right back out. Do you want them to come back out and commit more crime (you could be victim) or with some skills/education so they stay out of prison, less crime. Needs to be balance, punishment/rehabilitation

What happens when wage owner goes away, family, community go down.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back