NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Nothing today listed on Google. I'll take your word for it. I stopped watching TV news

•••
President Trumps Tax proposal looks like a wash for me.
details will certainly change, but looks like the 12k additional deduction for married folks, will be offset by loosing the property tax deduction and state income tax deduction, Figures, just like the child tax credits, my kids were too old for me to take that when it got big. PS I live in NY, just like other high tax states will be in same boat.
Joe T

•••
details will certainly change, but looks like the 12k additional deduction for married folks, will be offset by loosing the property tax deduction and state income tax deduction, Figures, just like the child tax credits, my kids were too old for me to take that when it got big. PS I live in NY, just like other high tax states will be in same boat.
Joe T
I didn't have time to look at it yet but they want to get rid f the property tax deduction??? What???
Around here, where a MODEST middle class home can have taxes that are near or at 5 figures a year, that's a huge dealbreaker.
Not all homeowners are married (or take a standard deduction), so if they were thinking an increased standard deduction for married folks would make up for it...
No. Just no.
Parts of NY are in the same boat.

•••
I didn't have time to look at it yet but they want to get rid f the property tax deduction??? What???
Around here, where a MODEST middle class home can have taxes that are near or at 5 figures a year, that's a huge dealbreaker.
Not all homeowners are married (or take a standard deduction), so if they were thinking an increased standard deduction for married folks would make up for it...
No. Just no.
Parts of NY are in the same boat.

I think I misunderstood the standard deduction, I thought it was reffering to deduction for married people 4050 X 2 for married people plus itemized items. So you are right if they are just going to double the standard deduction, for those of us that itemize this will be a killer. I may have to sell out and move to florida and retire if it passes. By increasing the bottom tax rate to 12 percent from ten, they also mentioned doing away with the 4050 deduction per person, my taxes will increase almost 20 percent, how do they figure this will benefit middle income people.

Last edited:
•••
Wondered what trigged Donald -
'Save us from dying'

Donald responded

..Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They....

...want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.

There goes the Florida vote.

Maybe should have been waived from the beginning
Trump Waives Jones Act for Puerto Rico, Easing Hurricane Aid Shipments
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/28/us/jones-act-waived.html?mcubz=1

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I'll bet you something for sure Joe, his tax plan will end up simply as a cash saving cow for corps and the wealthy. I'm not a big fan of dem's these days but I guarantee you that all these mentions of "middle class" are just a distraction in the end. This is repub con 101 and I don't like the way the movie ends, every time. They will serve the rich with this tax plan, not the middle class, it may take a while to expose and most people will just accept it and move on by the time it can be proven.

Last edited:
•••
I'll bet you something for sure Joe, his tax plan will end up simply as a cash saving cow for corps and the wealthy. I'm not a big fan of dem's these days but I guarantee you that all these mentions of "middle class" are just a distraction in the end. This is repub con 101 and I don't like the way the movie ends, every time. They will serve the rich with this tax plan, not the middle class, it may take a while to expose and most people will just accept it and move on by the time it can be proven. Yes, I do take bets...bring 'em on.

Yea, I misunderstood it listening to newscasts, so I went in and read the different articles on it, I will take a huge hit because I will lose 10k in deductions.Plus an added 2 percent because bottom rate goes to 12 percent instead of 10. Plus if it passes this year there will be a tax penalty because I underpaid. I checked and EternalRevenueService.com is already regged.
Joe T

•••
DK-krkDVAAIBv5D

4f4d4794d3f11.image.jpg

Soooo, Michele hands out Dr. Seuss books and everything's OK, But Melania doing the same is a problem. It just proves what I said before.... pure Liberal hatred towards Melania.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wondered what trigged Donald -
'Save us from dying'

Man, that's a lot of food and water she's standing in front of.

ABC NEWS - PR can't get National Guard, utility workers, or truck drivers or San Juan's Mayor to show up for work.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
•••
Democrats put politics above people AGAIN... shocking I know. They want people to die so they can blame President Trump. Savages.

Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185

San Juan Mayor Has Time for T-Shirts and Television but No Time for FEMA
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/09/30/san-juan-mayor-television-not-fema/

tl;dr

Why would any responsible elected official refuse to go to the FEMA command center? The answer is simple. Just as Eric Holder was more than willing to kill Mexicans and the occasional US Border Patrol agent to create a fact case for more regulation of gun sales, Yulin Cruz is willing to make her constituents suffer in order to create and bogus narrative of an incompetent and ineffective federal response.

Last edited:
•••
Mayor of San Juan, Carmen Yulin Cruz managed to get a T-shirt to politicize the tragedy on very fake news CNN... Anderson Cooper should have asked her were she got the T-shirt printed, though I'm willing to bet that he offered it to her.
puerto-rico-3.jpg

Yet there were, according to CNN, 9.000 ship containers at San Juan Port, yesterday » Friday, waiting to be distributed around the island, Here she is being interviewed in front of pallets with aid, while crying "We are dying"
san-juan-mayor-soto-600x379.jpg

According to CNN, PR don't have drivers to distribute all this aid... WTF. An island with 3.5 million doesn't have enough drivers? Something missing in this story

Last edited:
•••
According to CNN, PR don't have drivers to distribute all this aid... WTF. An island with 3.5 million doesn't have enough drivers? Something missing in this story

Huff Post, "However, only 20% of the truck drivers show up to work." In other words, the "Jones Act" had no effect on the aid to PR. It's the broken infrastructure.

•••
This guy is in Puerto Rico, This video is from Wednesday Sept 27th from the Port of San Juan. 3000 containers, then. On Friday 9000 containers, Today Saturday probably over 10,000 and that idiot mayor is bitching and moaning about Trump doing nothing?
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/913088574983168000

•••
Huff Post, "However, only 20% of the truck drivers show up to work." In other words, the "Jones Act" had no effect on the aid to PR. It's the broken infrastructure.
All Caribbean sea islands should have some sort of preparation for these hurricanes. Cuba which is one of the islands that gets clobbered the most by hurricanes, knows how to handle these storms better than anyone else... including the US. They got hit by Irma much harder than Florida did and didn't suffer as many casualties...

•••
Democrats put politics above people AGAIN... shocking I know. They want people to die so they can blame President Trump. Savages.

Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ing-politics-awol-at-meetings/article/2636185

San Juan Mayor Has Time for T-Shirts and Television but No Time for FEMA
https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2017/09/30/san-juan-mayor-television-not-fema/

tl;dr

Why would any responsible elected official refuse to go to the FEMA command center? The answer is simple. Just as Eric Holder was more than willing to kill Mexicans and the occasional US Border Patrol agent to create a fact case for more regulation of gun sales, Yulin Cruz is willing to make her constituents suffer in order to create and bogus narrative of an incompetent and ineffective federal response.

"The Defense Department has not sent enough troops and vehicles to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico but will soon send more, according to the three-star general newly in charge of coordinating the military response."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...-puerto-rico-says-general-in-charge-of-relief

He made those tweets above while he was at his New Jersey golf resort.

Last edited:
•••
"The Defense Department has not sent enough troops and vehicles to hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico but will soon send more, according to the three-star general newly in charge of coordinating the military response."

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...-puerto-rico-says-general-in-charge-of-relief

He made those tweets above while he was at his New Jersey golf resort.

You complained about it from Florida.

New DNC narrative, Puerto Ricans are citizens too.. DNC will seeming stop at nothing, no lie to big or to small to build a damaging narrative.

Hillary Clinton didn't even know there was a Naval base in PR.

•••
You complained about it from Florida.

New DNC narrative, Puerto Ricans are citizens too.. DNC will seeming stop at nothing, no lie to big or to small to build a damaging narrative.

Hillary Clinton didn't even know there was a Naval base in PR.

Right, it's where I live, I'm not the President. He should be at the White House, like he said he would be before being elected. That's where they're usually at. Not hanging out at this golf courses.

•••
Right, it's where I live, I'm not the President. He should be at the White House, like he said he would be before being elected. That's where they're usually at. Not hanging out at this golf courses.

President Meanie.

•••
President Trump convinces China to shut down North Korean businesses in China.

Seem preferable to sending pallets of cash.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back