Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He didn't even bend a knuckle lol

•••
Hey Trump... tell it like it is. That's why so many people love you, To hell with Politically Correct BS. We've had enough of that.
DKkpLdaW4AUuTQu

•••
•••
Police brutality is a real problem but when you hold up criminals like Mike Brown and heroin dealers as victims of white supremacy in the police department, it's hard to take you seriously.
Brown isn't a good example but the public reaction was a direct result of the bigger problem that exists. There have been unjustified shootings. Some cops are racists, some cops are bad cops. Some departments have a lot of bad cops. Racial targeting by cops is a thing and has been for decades.

What are we doing about Puerto Rico? States are sending people, individual groups are sending teams, haven't heard much about a national response. Is there one? What are they doing?

At least our former Presidents are tying to help....
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nts-fundraise-for-puerto-rico-disaster-relief

Last edited:
•••
Bend a knuckle? What do you mean by that?

Like if you were giving someone the bird, you would have to bend your Knuckles. The coat makes it look like he is flashing a sign, but he not bending his knuckles=just playing with his coat (a very Royal thing to do)

•••
Like if you were giving someone the bird, you would have to bend your Knuckles. The coat makes it look like he is flashing a sign, but he not bending his knuckles=just playing with his coat (a very Royal thing to do)
His father Prince Charles was always fidgeting his hands. Looks like Harry is following his footsteps... or handsteps
9b50e31fe244b799f359f5810c5bab55--prince-charles-prince-harry.jpg

Prince-Charles.jpg

article-2139793-0184CE31000004B0-946_634x466.jpg

•••
Anthony Weiner crying after the judge sentenced him to 21 months in federal prison!
DKl07TzW0AYYKwG

With a name like Weiner, you're allways gonna have great headlines...
DKl4OGcUQAAMOyk

•••
I really hope Roy Moore wins in Alabama tomorrow... a candidate Trump should have endorsed...
na_t7iIG

•••
He's just talking about the anthem today, nothing else - https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Not taking about recovery efforts in Texas, Florida, no Puerto Rico, nothing about North Korea, health care etc. I think him and the guy from North Korea share a lot of values, control the people, dictator type.

1) I don't think it matters when they started standing for the National Anthem.** that meme is bullshit. I've stood for the National Anthem at every game since I was a child.

2) Agree, lots of things to talk about besides this side show.

3) As for being a dictator, the charge is as worn as it is dumb. I'm not saying Pres. Trump has read the constitution b/c he probably hasn't but this is political gamesmanship. No winners on either side.

4) NFL protest on the field are nothing but virtue signalling. Better not to argue with a fool.

Last edited:
•••
Brown isn't a good example but the public reaction was a direct result of the bigger problem that exists. There have been unjustified shootings. Some cops are racists, some cops are bad cops. Some departments have a lot of bad cops. Racial targeting by cops is a thing and has been for decades.

Police are no different from the rest of our neighbors. Same problems, worries, faults. It's definitely a culture problem. Also no doubt racism is a problem. But I can tell you first-hand, if you're poor you have a higher probability of being treated badly by the police, regardless of race.

What are we doing about Puerto Rico? States are sending people, individual groups are sending teams, haven't heard much about a national response. Is there one? What are they doing?

A lot. Two US Naval bases in PR with all hands turned to plus 11,000 federal staff.

A naval logistics ship coordinating activity has delivered over 1.1 million meals and millions of gallons of fresh water.

Three barges delivering fuel and supplies to keep federal and local rescue efforts working.

An established air-lift delivering over 33K meals and water every day.

https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-maria <- Check the Federal Response Updates

Better for PR if the Clinton's were not taking money. I heard Hillary say President Trump should call out the Navy... it's like she doesn't know we have three naval bases in PR.

Last edited:
•••
Just read that on average, a NFL player is arrested every seven days. The longest period between arrest is 61 days.

Arrests range from DUI, battery and spousal abuse to rape and murder.

•••
Assault and spousal abuse seem to be pretty popular in that group, unfortunately.

I'm not saying Pres. Trump has read the constitution b/c he probably hasn't

Which would be inexcusable, since he took an oath to preserve, protect and defend it.

I asked about PR because as of this evening their governor is pleading for more assistance and it's going to take a lot to restore power. Families are hanging out in the airport because they want to leave and they have no place else to go on the island...

•••
Assault and spousal abuse seem to be pretty popular in that group, unfortunately.

Which would be inexcusable, since he took an oath to preserve, protect and defend it.

I asked about PR because as of this evening their governor is pleading for more assistance and it's going to take a lot to restore power. Families are hanging out in the airport because they want to leave and they have no place else to go on the island...

PR is a long way from the US. Also, Someone should tell Gov Cuomo, New Yorker's and Puerto Rican's are US citizens.

Gov. Cuomo stated, “New York is prepared to do whatever we can do to help ( Puerto Rico ). We believe in immigration in New York. We are a state of immigrants. I am an immigrant.

Gov Cuomo apparently forgot both he and his father were born in NY.

•••
The polls that CNN will not show...

POLL: Majority of Americans disagree with Colin Kaepernick's protest

Colin Kaepernick's protest seems to be gaining steam with some of his fellow NFL players, however, it doesn't seem to be catching on with the rest of the country.

In two recent polls that were both conducted within the past week, a majority of respondents said that they disagree with Kaepernick's decision to protest racial inequality and police brutality by not standing for the national anthem.

In one poll, which was conducted by Reuters, 72 percent of Americans said that they thought Kaepernick's behavior was unpatriotic. Another 61 percent said that they do not "support the stance Colin Kaepernick is taking and his decision not to stand during the national anthem."

The Reuters poll of 2,903 adults was conducted between Sept. 6-12. Kaepernick's protest went public on Aug. 26.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...cans-disagree-with-colin-kaepernicks-protest/

•••
Let's get something straight. Protesting police brutality and a racial criminal justice system by peacefully kneeling during the National Anthem is not unpatriotic.

Let's not let emotions over rule the facts.

1) Football players are employees who represent their employers.

2) If the NFL can punish players for acknowledging police murdered by Black Live Matter on the field, they certainly stop them from protesting for Black Lives Matter.

3) Kapernick is a dumbass.

Last edited:
•••
Alejandro Villanueva, Pittsburgh Steeler and U.S. Army Ranger stands alone for the national anthem
The rest of the pathetic team cowards stayed in the locker room to avoid controversy.

DKgZUzSVAAA1-x_.jpg

Now the real story

Steelers' Villanueva: Mix-up led to anthem flap

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...x-up-led-to-anthem-flap/ar-AAsswJF?li=BBnb7Kz

Also Trump retweeted:NFLplayer PatTillman joined U.S. Army in 2002. He was killed in action 2004. He fought 4our country/freedom.

His wife said:

"The very action of self expression and the freedom to speak from one's heart -- no matter those views -- is what Pat and so many other Americans have given their lives for," Marie Tillman said. "Even if they didn't always agree with those views. It is my sincere hope that our leaders both understand and learn from the lessons of Pat's life and death, and also those of so many other brave Americans."
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-tillman-asks-husband-memory-not-politicized

Last edited:
•••
2) If the NFL can punish players for acknowledging police murdered by Black Live Matter on the field, they certainly stop them from protesting for Black Lives Matter.
However now it's gone far beyond that to the right to peacefully protest.

Push polling "Stand or kneel" email went out to his supporters yesterday soliciting campaign contributions. Using the national anthem to beg for cash. Nice.

Mean tweets of the day:
IMG_0756.PNG

So what is he saying? Is he victim blaming them for the power grid destruction and saying they're on their own to fix it? We're talking 3.5 million of our own citizens without power. But buena suerte.

And him of all people getting on his high horse about owing money? Really?

Something I didn't know - everything costs more on Puerto Rico because of the post WWI Jones Act and it also makes it more difficult to get them things they need. It was waived for a week for areas hit by Harvey and Irma, suspending it again for Puerto Rico and USVI makes sense while they try to recover from this disaster.

"Doing well?" Over half the people on that island STILL have no access to safe drinking water. Maybe that should take priority over campaigning for 2020 re election and stupid sideshows about kneeling vs standing.

Any NPers in Puerto Rico?

Last edited:
•••
However now it's gone far beyond that to the right to peacefully protest.

Push polling email went out to his supporters yesterday soliciting campaign contributions and using the protests as a reason.

So well just argue about who's right instead of the reason for the protest. Penguins, the Stanley Cup champs will visit the white house.

Sports writers are outraged. Let that sink in... Journalist are invested in the outrage and division.

So what is he saying? Is he victim blaming them for the power grid destruction and saying they're on their own to fix it? We're talking 3.5 million of our own citizens without power. But buena suerte.

I think he's saying PR's infrastructure was run down and it will take longer to restore. PR was a liberal paradise without a tax base. They are deep in debt and have not taken care of basic needs.

TX and FL have.

And him of all people getting on his high horse about owing money? Really?

Something I didn't know - everything costs more on Puerto Rico because of the post WWI Jones Act and it also makes it more difficult to get them things they need. It was waived for a week for areas hit by Harvey and Irma, suspending it again for Puerto Rico and USVI makes sense while they try to recover from this disaster.

"Doing well?" Over half the people on that island STILL have no access to safe drinking water. Maybe that should take priority over campaigning for 2020 re election and stupid sideshows about kneeling vs standing.

Any NPers in Puerto Rico?

PR is an Island, so like HI, everything has to be imported. Wasn't aware of the Jones Act. but it's protectionist so probably ads to the difficulty, cost of goods.

•••
Sports writers are outraged. Let that sink in... Journalist are invested in the outrage and division.

Journalists report stories. POTUS seems rather fond of stoking outrage and division... and using it for personal gain. That and his disrespect for 1A are deserving of outrage.

The drinking water situation is very concerning - people are drinking from open pipes, that's a cholera outbreak waiting to happen :(.

It feels like 45 is dragging his feet on this. Because his golf course went bankrupt? Because most of them voted for Rubio in the primary? Getting it confused with Mexico? I don't know, but either he isn't getting his message out or his priorities are very wrong, and he's an expert at the former...

As of yesterday he was refusing to suspend the Jones Act for them... San Juan's mayor is among the Puerto Rican officials pleading for this. Also, from the mayor:

"We are finding dialysis patients that have not been able to contact their providers. We are having to transport them in near-death conditions. We are finding people whose oxygen tanks are running out, because our small generators now don't have any diesel, and disabled people, they live alone and can't just walk somewhere," she said.​

These are our own citizens. Let's not make this Katrina 2.0. We can do better for them.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps all the Hollyweird lefties + those very rich NFL + NBA players as well as the equally rich musicians that love to Take a Knee in protest, should instead waste their energies by donating $1 million each or more, then get down on both knees and make a plea to journalists or others in privileged positions to also help donate to Puerto Rico.

Right there, they could gather a few billion $ for starters and get the solidarity ball rolling. But they won't do that, because they're almost all a bunch of greedy wankers. But they are very good at getting together to demonize Trump.

BTW, if Puerto Ricans are US citizens why are they not a State? Is it because the previous American governments didn't want them to be one, or the Puerto Ricans don't want to be? I understand that they voted on two referendums (2012 and 2016 if I'm not wrong) to become part of the Union. Why no changes?

Why has PR allowed itself to get into a $75 billion debt?

Here in Madeira Island our Autonomous government also got us into a $6-7 billion debt, but at least the money was mostly well spent and is there for everyone to see. The amount of infrastructure built is really quite impressive, from hundreds of bridges, tunnels, highways, roads, marinas, airports, hospitals, Medical centers and sports complexes in every village, lots of new schools, government housing, sewage and water treatment, a very modern telecom network and an electric grid that would be the envy of most Americans, the list is endless.

And we have to pay back every single cent of that debt to Angela Merckel's German banks, at very high interest rates, while millions of invading mostly Muslim freeloaders are welcomed, housed, clothed, fed, schooled, and given more benefits than the native Germans for FREE... for doing NOTHING.

Since Puerto Rico's infrastructure was apparently in bad condition, does it mean it has squandered the $75 billion it loaned?

Enlytend keeps saying that Trump is doing nothing for PR. That's not what I read. But then again I don't get most of my news from NYT or WAPO or CNN or the rest of MSM where they don't like to mention what Trump is doing right... on purpose.

Besides, many ports and the airport were damaged, which makes it more difficult to send supplies over there at a faster pace.

Last edited:
•••
It feels like 45 is dragging his feet on this. Because his golf course went bankrupt?

"feels"

These are our own citizens. Let's not make this Katrina 2.0. We can do better for them.

Looks like you've absorbed the talking points. Well done. I don't know how anyone could provide help any faster than the US Navy and Air Force, but why don't you go give it try.

•••
The debt and the humanitarian issue are two different things. People come first ... or they should.

Statehood = irrelevant.

Nice ad hominem trying to disparage "talking points." If you don't like what I'm saying because you dislike other sources you heard it from, thats not a valid argument.

I'm referencing what the local officials are saying - they're likely have the most accurate perspective on the conditions there.

In any case, 45 seems to think it's more important to launch a tweetstorm to blame the victims than to express sympathy for them or hold a news conference to outline what's being done...

Last edited:
•••
The goal is achieved: people are distracted by the background noise and do not focus on the things that matter. Like holding decision makers accountable.
It's so easy to manipulate people...

•••
•••
In any case, 45 seems to think it's more important to launch a tweetstorm to blame the victims than to express sympathy for them or hold a news conference to outline what's being done...

The pattern? It's always about him. He spends the majority of his time talking about himself. His attacks on others, his doubling down on mistakes, it's all a manifestation of his inflated insecure ego, his self absorption and his lack of real empathy. Narcissism personified.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back