Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS
upload_2021-10-3_13-49-54.png

--

upload_2021-10-3_13-48-54.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
The Chinese Air Force Sends Another 56 Warplanes Toward Taiwan [Forbes]
Fifty-six. That’s how many warplanes the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force sent, in two waves, into Taiwan’s southwestern air-defense identification zone on Monday.
The record surge comes right after a three-day air-power binge that saw 93 PLAAF planes fly through Taiwan’s ADIZ, which lies just outside the country’s national air space.
In four days, China has sent more planes toward Taiwan than it normally sends in an entire month or two.

•••

A bit worrying for those of us in Japan, too. With Made-in-China Joe at our back....

not looking good.

•••
•••
A bit worrying for those of us in Japan, too. With Made-in-China Joe at our back....

not looking good.
It was predictable once Sleepy Joe took over and the intimidation is gonna increase...

•••

A weak, confused president has emboldened our enemies and left our allies exposed.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
It was predictable once Sleepy Joe took over and the intimidation is gonna increase...

The Japanese get the same propaganda about Trump. Their reporters just parrot what the Western corporate media say. There is no derangement syndrome, and he did rather well for Japan, but they still think he's crazy. I told many the same thing - if their concern was Japanese security from China, they shouldn't be happy if Biden takes over. But too many people follow the herd still.

Last edited:
•••

not looking good.
What do you think of Japan's new government position on this? I was reading

Japan signals more active role on China's tough stand on Taiwan [Reuters on MSN]
TOKYO (Reuters) -Japan's new government signalled on Tuesday a more assertive position on China's aggressive posture towards self-ruled Taiwan, suggesting it would consider options and prepare for "various scenarios", while reaffirming close U.S. ties.
Robert Ward, a London-based senior fellow for Japanese Security Studies at the International Institute for Strategic Studies, said the change in the way Japan was articulating its concerns about Taiwan was significant.

"It is drawing a line of sorts and thus creating expectations," Ward said.

Last edited:
•••
The Japanese get the same propaganda about Trump. Their reporters just parrot what the Western corporate media day. There is no derangement syndrome, and he did rather well for Japan, but they still think he's crazy. I told many the same thing - if their concern was Japanese security from China, they shouldn't be happy if Biden takes over. But too many people follow the herd still.

USA has no formal diplomatic ties with Taiwan and fly by is not illegal. IMO, this was in response to Taiwan's independent application to TPP (CPP staking their claim), and has little to do with Japan. CPP would've pulled same tricks had Trump been in office, the only difference is how US would've responded. Would you rather we be drawn into a global conflict? This is just an excuse for US to sell Taiwan more military hardware.

•••
IMO, this was in response to Taiwan's independent application to TPP (CPP staking their claim), and has little to do with Japan.

It has quite a lot to do with Japan. Chinese state media recently boasted how they would drop a nuke a day on Japan if they so much as provided support for US ships in any conflict over Taiwan. The military in China, and the leadership itself, is rife with megalomaniacs and psychopaths wanting to "punish" Japan for history. On the moral side, Taiwan is an independent nation, and it's disgraceful the way the world has left them to the wolf. The CCP has zero right to claim Taiwan.

CPP would've pulled same tricks had Trump been in office, the only difference is how US would've responded.

That's speculation. Biden has demonstrated weakness, and we know he is beholden to Chinese interests via his son at least (who flits about the world receiving vast sums of money from China, Ukraine etc. for no apparent reason). While Trump sometimes demonstrated strength, he waffled. The West should avoid doing any business with China under its current regime.

Would you rather we be drawn into a global conflict?

I would rather not, but weakness often results in exactly that. Xi is extraordinarily dangerous. It's a very difficult line for the US to walk - between actual conflict and head-in-the-sand weakness.

•••
What do you think of Japan's new government position on this? I was reading

It hasn't really changed much. Japan is in a tight spot. They need to cooperate with China but also not fold to China. China is mostly playing nice with Japan now (except for the occasional Tourette Syndrome outburst where they threaten to slaughter the entire population). They prefer to keep Japan on their side while they take on the western world, but as soon as they feel secure they would be calling Japan the enemy again.

In 25 years, I have seen Japan go from a place that loves China, and was looking forward to China's growth and to working with them to today - where China is Japan's biggest external threat.

In 15 years, XI has taken China from the cusp of glory to a very dark place that will not end well for anyone.

•••
•••
Shorter: "Our violence is free speech, Your speech is violence"
No, I don't. Nothing I've said is contradictory. In order to maintain the free speech of marginalized communities, broad dissemination of hate speech and fascism must be quashed.

You have no concept of freedom and embrace tyranny using melodramatic claims about "safety for people like me".
The only reason you think it's contradictory is because you have a childish and shallow understanding of the topic.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." - The greatest men in American history.

Last edited:
•••
The Japanese get the same propaganda about Trump. Their reporters just parrot what the Western corporate media day. There is no derangement syndrome, and he did rather well for Japan, but they still think he's crazy. I told many the same thing - if their concern was Japanese security from China, they shouldn't be happy if Biden takes over. But too many people follow the herd still.
Exactly the same happening here. Our MSM is doing quite a job at brainwashing the population... especially the younger generation. The hatred spewed against Trump, or Brazil's Bolsonaro and in the past two years against our own right wing candidate called André Ventura, who is constantly gaining popularity, is quite intense and getting worse all the time!

•••
•••
It hasn't really changed much. Japan is in a tight spot. They need to cooperate with China but also not fold to China. China is mostly playing nice with Japan now (except for the occasional Tourette Syndrome outburst where they threaten to slaughter the entire population). They prefer to keep Japan on their side while they take on the western world, but as soon as they feel secure they would be calling Japan the enemy again.

In 25 years, I have seen Japan go from a place that loves China, and was looking forward to China's growth and to working with them to today - where China is Japan's biggest external threat.

In 15 years, XI has taken China from the cusp of glory to a very dark place that will not end well for anyone.

I understand your trepidation (history and karma can be a bitch). CCP/PLA really has been bloating their internal rhetoric fueling the fire. It is part of their strategy that Sun Tzu might have approved of: the “systems destruction warfare” approach that can be described as seeking victory by incapacitating, rather than annihilating, an opponent. “In this new reality, an enemy can be defeated if its operational system can be rendered ineffective or outright unable to function through the destruction or degradation of key capabilities, weapons, or units that compose the system.”

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR1708.html (see online pdf)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back