IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't worry. It is cool when the hedge funds and connected people were warned about the seriousness of COVID ahead of time, so they could liquidate their positions and leave retail investors holding the bag.

Then the same people like David Perdue could re-buy all the same shares near the bottom, knowing the Fed was going to ride in like a white knight to prop the market up with trillions of dollars buying garbage assets like corporate bonds.

There is a reason the rich are doing so well now. Inside information, opportunities, and just privilege in general that the average person does not have. It is just an uneven playing field.

Brad

I agree ... and the rich have after hours trading privileges to ....

•••
I saw this screenshot on Twitter.

The timing of this correlates perfectly to the stock dropping from $400 to under $120 in minutes.

This is a bunch of nonsense.

Es1tt_BUUAIrcOx

Yep .... a lot of people think it is merely scare tactics to get them to sell ... I say... don’t trust the plan any longer ... it will increase again ... and the small fries better sell and run

Last edited:
•••
I saw this screenshot on Twitter.

The timing of this correlates perfectly to the stock dropping from $400 to under $120 in minutes.

This is a bunch of nonsense.

Robinhood potentially forced the sale of these shares driving the price down, screwing people even more.

There is going to be a lot of investigations into what happened here from the Congress to the SEC and other regulatory agencies.

Es1tt_BUUAIrcOx

yep ... Robinhood took the payoff and are tanking it for the sharks ... what an event of corruption

•••
@joemccann
Fox News' Gasparino: Regulatory sources say SEC will be looking at a market manipulation case on Robinhood and Reddit issues; expect SEC to ask for Robinhood's blue sheets trading data, and try to match it up with suspicious comments on Reddit - Source http://tradethenews.com

•••
@joemccann
Fox News' Gasparino: Regulatory sources say SEC will be looking at a market manipulation case on Robinhood and Reddit issues; expect SEC to ask for Robinhood's blue sheets trading data, and try to match it up with suspicious comments on Reddit - Source http://tradethenews.com

I smell a huge lawsuit coming ... the traders won’t get much .. the lawyers will cash in heavy ...

•••
I smell a huge lawsuit coming ... the traders won’t get much .. the lawyers will cash in heavy ...

Robinhood has always been a shit platform. They basically prey on noob investors, then when the little guys have the upper hand for once they turn on them.

It is one thing to limit risky trades, on margin for instance. It is quite another to force selling of shares. That violates all the rules of capitalism.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

@jbrowder1
After receiving hundreds of messages and Tweets about this issue, we have added the ability to join the
@Robinhood
class action to
@DoNotPayLaw
. From 12PM today PT, you can enroll and support the cause via our class actions product!
2:17 PM · Jan 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

When you sign up for Robinhood, this is where you give them the right to sell your trades to hedge-funds, who then use the data to bet against you. In the future, DoNotPay will warn you against these buried clauses across many websites and industries:

Es2ZanAVoAE9EaE

Last edited:
•••
•••
@jbrowder1
After receiving hundreds of messages and Tweets about this issue, we have added the ability to join the
@Robinhood
class action to
@DoNotPayLaw
. From 12PM today PT, you can enroll and support the cause via our class actions product!
2:17 PM · Jan 28, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

When you sign up for Robinhood, this is where you give them the right to sell your trades to hedge-funds, who then use the data to bet against you. In the future, DoNotPay will warn you against these buried clauses across many websites and industries:

Es2ZanAVoAE9EaE

thinking about it ... if the traders cash out of Game Stop ... Nokia and AMC with profits .. couldn’t they reload and hit another stock .. go balls to the wall??? At least until the fed changes regulations???

Last edited:
•••
Not allowing risky trades on margin in one thing. The forced selling of shares is not acceptable, and something I have never even heard of.

I have a Robin Hood account that I don't use to trade really, but more for real time pre/after market trading data. I do have a small position of Bitcoin in there. I am going to sell that and close my account.

Fuck them.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
How refreshing that the good guys are back in charge!

I would hope any investigation is headed by the SEC, not the Treasury Department.

I don't think taking speaking fees when you are a financial expert and not in office is a big deal, but in this specific case with what has happened it might make sense for someone without an appearance of conflict to handle it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Now allowing risky trades on margin in one thing. The forced selling of shares is not acceptable, and something I have never even heard of.

I have a Robin Hood account that I don't use to trade really, but more for real time pre/after market trading data. I do have a small position of Bitcoin in there. I am going to sell that and close my account.

Fuck them.

Brad

yeah ... they are a nasty bag of dicks .. I agree ... Fuck Them .. they are exposed

•••
too funny:) "When Robinhood turns out to be Sheriff of Nottingham"

•••
thinking about it ... if the traders cash out of Game Stop ... Nokia and AMC with profits .. couldn’t they reload and hit another stock .. go balls to the wall??? At least until the fed changes regulations???

Yes, but technically stock manipulation is against the law. There are overly broad laws that they can charge people with breaking.

It is incredibly stupid to be doing this publicly, with screenshots of your massive gains. It is going to make it so much easier for authorities to investigate and get subpoenas for information.

Brad

•••
•••
Yes, but technically stock manipulation is against the law. There are overly broad laws that they can charge people with breaking.

It is incredibly stupid to be doing this publicly, with screenshots of your massive gains. It is going to make it so much easier for authorities to investigate and get subpoenas for information.

Brad

well ... it’s a movement of sorts .. but why is it a problem when anyone other than the 1% do it ?? The 1% has been doing it for decades without penalty ... people are investing in the stock market .. but because it is the 1% money .. they feel it’s time to buckle down eh??

•••
too funny:) "When Robinhood turns out to be Sheriff of Nottingham"

Robinhood. Stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

I am pretty sure Robinhood is going to lose their darling status with young noob investors after this.

Brad

•••
I don't think taking speaking fees when you are a financial expert and not in office is a big deal

Except that speaking fees are one of the most favored ways of paying bribes these days, especially when the speaker is a regulator or politician,

•••
well ... it’s a movement of sorts .. but why is it a problem when anyone other than the 1% do it ?? The 1% has been doing it for decades without penalty ... people are investing in the stock market .. but because it is the 1% money .. they feel it’s time to buckle down eh??

I am on your side on this. There are different rules for different people.

Brad

•••
Robinhood. Stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

I am pretty sure Robinhood is going to lose their darling status with young noob investors after this.

Brad

don’t you know it .... right now I have no compassion for 1% ers .... they don’t care about the homeless ... how much we have to pay for meds ... they really don’t care about anything other than themselves ... fuck em if they can’t take a joke

•••
don’t you know it .... right now I have no compassion for 1% ers .... they don’t care about the homeless ... how much we have to pay for meds ... they really don’t care about anything other than themselves ... fuck em if they can’t take a joke

You know politics aside, I think the vast majority of people on all sides think the system is basically rigged against ordinary people.

The rich powerful people make the rules. Congress is subservient to them.

They live by a different set of laws, get better opportunities, inside information. The decks are stacked in a way where they can't lose.

When the Fed essentially bailed out rich people with trillions of dollars, they got almost all the gains.

They socialized the losses putting debt on future generations, then privatized the gains that only benefited the vast minority of people.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I feel bad for the people who don't realize this party is over and keep investing in this.

Brad

•••
I think at this point if they are going to pursue the traders with legal action .. then they are going to have 1 million + warrants to serve and need shitloads of jail space to accommodate ... I think well over a million people .. but I could be wrong .... next big movement ... jail party!!!!!!!!!! if it goes there ... just conduct big ass jail parties

•••
•••
You know politics aside, I think the vast majority of people on all sides think the system is basically rigged against ordinary people.

The rich powerful people make the rules. Congress is subservient to them.

They live by a different set of laws, get better opportunities, inside information. The decks are stacked in a way where they can't lose.

When the Fed essentially bailed out rich people with trillions of dollars, they got almost all the gains.

They socialized the losses putting debt on future generations, then privatized the gains that only benefited the vast minority of people.

Brad

extremely well said IMO ... spot on

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back