Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why are you being complicated , we don’t need to use algebra to know the glass is 1/4 full , 1/2 full, 3/4 full or 100% full

So if I told you I would give you 75% of my winning lottery ticket for you giving me 51% ownership of your house (assuming you are a homeowner), then this would sound like a good deal to you, right?

After all, 75% is more than 51%, right?

Last edited:
•••
So if I told you I would give you 75% of my winning lottery ticket for you giving me 51% ownership of your house (assuming you are a homeowner), then this would sound like a good deal to you, right?

After all, 75% is more than 51%, right?

how much is the winning lottery ticket worth?

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
It doesn't matter because it's 75%.

Well we only have a 100% capacity of ICU , how many beds doesn’t matter, when that 100% is full, we have used all the space we have, we are far from using all the space we have.

•••
Well we only have a 100% capacity of ICU , how many beds doesn’t matter, when that 100% is full, we have used all the space we have, we are far from using all the space we have.
OK, you drive a hard bargain!

So I'll give you 100% of my winning ticket for 51% of your house. So it doesn't matter what the 100% represents because you are getting it all, let's do a deal!

(Note - I suspect I may have edited this while .X. was writing his response, so if he quotes me it may not match up.)

Last edited:
•••
OK, so I'll give you 100% of my winning ticket for 51% of your house. So it doesn't matter what it represents, let's do a deal!

I thought we were past the lottery, I am not the one that uses percentage points, it is the media that uses percentage points for capacity.

•••
"PROTEST IS GOOD, CHURCH IS BAD" Jim Jordan GOES OFF At Pandemic Hearing

•••
I thought we were past the lottery, I am not the one that uses percentage points, it is the media that uses percentage points for capacity.
Exactly!

But not just them. Pretty much anyone that might be trying to project/frame a particular numerical idea (or sway an opinion) will use a mathematical representation (a percentage, a number, etc) that best accentuates the idea they want you to walk away with. You know, people like politicians, vacation time share salesmen, etc...

This is why it is SOOOO important that you know and understand what a particular percentage actually represents. Does it represent 2, 3, 20, 100, 1000, 1,000,000 or ???

100% of a dollar is still only a dollar, but a measly 1% of a million dollars is $10,000.

This also works the other way around as well! Just knowing a specific number does not necessarily put things in the correct perspective.

Say the White House tells us that 330,000 people are being tested everyday for Covid. That's great, seems like a pretty big number, right?

But really, that 330,000 number isn't telling us much about the overall testing situation. To see and understand that, you DO need to look at it from a percentage basis.

330k a day means we test way less than 1% of the US population every day (US pop. ~330 million). If we continued at that rate (didn't slow down or speed up), it would take about 1000 days (~2.75 years) to test our entire population just once - and we will all likely need to be tested a number of times before this thing is done.

Even if they ramped testing up to 3.3 million a day, it would still take about 3 months to test everyone just once.

So I guess the take away from all this - like most things in life - is to not take things at face value. Be sure to look at things from a number of perspectives in order to best understand them.

Last edited:
•••
BREAKING NEWS!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...accounts-son-tested-positive-coronavirus.html

But then again, was Woolery's account - and the remorseful tweet - part of the recent Twitter megahack?

It was real apparently, according to his spokesperson. What an asshole. Spreading bs that could literally get people sick and die.

Chuck Woolery's son has Covid-19, spokesperson confirms

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/16/us/chuck-woolery-son-covid-19/index.html

------------

Back To School: Teachers Are Ready To Quit Rather Than Put Their Lives At Risk
“Most parents have no idea how bad this is going to be.”
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...their-lives?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc

Last edited:
•••
Yet, another asshole:

Georgia governor suspends all local mask mandates, encourages but doesn't require masks for residents

"Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday he is suing Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms over the city's mask mandate, claiming the measure violates his emergency orders.........."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...re-masks-for-residents/ar-BB16OXPy?li=BBnb7Kz

Literally suing the Mayor because she mandates masks.

Then the anti-mask Trumpers in this thread. Against masks in the middle of a pandemic, attacking scientists. The sheer stupidity, really.

Last edited:
•••
Mary Trump's tell-all book sold a staggering 950,000 copies by the end of its first day on sale, Simon & Schuster says. That figure, which included pre-sales, as well as e-books and audiobooks, is a new record for the publisher, it says.
https://twitter.com/search?q="Mary Trump"&src=trend_click
------------------------------

Just like Cohen and Omarosa said as well:

Maddow: Have you heard the President use the n-word?
Mary Trump: Yeah
Maddow: And anti-Semitic slurs specifically?
Mary Trump: Yes

Last edited:
•••
Dumb Trumpers. Helping spread the virus. Helping Biden win without even knowing it as well.

School hearing dismissed after angry parents pack room without masks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...ack-room-without-masks/ar-BB16PALa?li=BBnb7Kz

BB16PGzj.img

•••
Dumb Trumpers. Helping spread the virus. Helping Biden win without even knowing it as well.

School hearing dismissed after angry parents pack room without masks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/s...ack-room-without-masks/ar-BB16PALa?li=BBnb7Kz

BB16PGzj.img
That picture says it all! My God!

The two women standing in the second row yelling with their mask pulled down to their chins all the while standing over the three people on the right is perfect example of pure Ignorance.

What the hell does it take to get it through their thick heads that wearing the mask is more about protecting others?

I wear a mask to protect you, so please wear a mask to protect me.

As long as people like this continue to choose not to wear a mask the longer Cities, States and the Country will be closed and cases, sickness and death will continue to Rise.

•••
Lemming.

Yet, another asshole:

Georgia governor suspends all local mask mandates, encourages but doesn't require masks for residents

"Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced Thursday he is suing Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms over the city's mask mandate, claiming the measure violates his emergency orders.........."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...re-masks-for-residents/ar-BB16OXPy?li=BBnb7Kz

Literally suing the Mayor because she mandates masks.

Then the anti-mask Trumpers in this thread. Against masks in the middle of a pandemic, attacking scientists. The sheer stupidity, really.

•••
•••
•••
I see the problem. They're not burning flags, throwing fireworks at police, throwing rocks etc.

If not for double standards, you'd have none.

One has nothing to do with the other. Well, one has killed over 130,000, you don't seem to care about that. I think you care more about statues.

Last edited:
•••
One has nothing to do with the other. Well, one has killed over 130,000, you don't seem to care about that.

That's right. Protest and riots don't spread the chinese plague because liberals don't believe in science.

•••
That's right. Protest and riots don't spread the chinese plague because liberals don't believe in science.

We already went over that. Is there a point to you being slow all the time or just repeating stuff? You still don't get masks are going to help? Are you all just flat out brain dead?

Trumpers - Let's not wear masks, in the middle of a pandemic.

Last edited:
•••
We already went over that. Is there a point to you being slow all the time or just repeating stuff?

You're an ignorant bigot who lets political bias control your opinions?

You're a hypocrite?

You're fine with degenerates looting, rioting but are upset people gather for a meeting or attend church?

Take your pick.

•••
Still time to plant a garden so you have food next year.

•••
You're an ignorant bigot who lets political bias control your opinions?

You're a hypocrite?

You're fine with degenerates looting, rioting but are upset people gather for a meeting or attend church?

Take your pick.

No stupid. We already went over this. Seriously, what is wrong with you?

I'm ok with protesting, not destruction of property, hurting people. Same thing I've always said.

I also pointed out you can't do much about protesting since it's a right people have. Rallies are not.

I've never once said I had a problem with people going to church.

I also pointed out most protesting are wearing masks, most Trumpers are not.

I said if you go out, wear a mask.

All common sense stuff, something you lack, besides a memory.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back