IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.7%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Dwb9xDxWoAADr2L.jpg

•••
1/4 of what it was. And again, Dems have offered other solutions besides a wall. Again, most Americans don't want a wall. Trump isn't getting one. That's that.

80% of border agents say the wall work. Walls in CA, NM, and AZ have reduced crime / smuggling dramatically.

Hillary Clinton, Nancy Peolosi, Chuck Schumer all thought a wall was a good idea a few months ago, Why do you even bother to have opinions, just copy and paste links from MNSBC.

You could at least be honest and admit they don't want a wall because they don't want to hand President Trump a policy victory before an election.

Last edited:
•••
"Statewide, 61 percent of Texans oppose building a wall, while 35 percent support it and 4 percent don’t know or declined to answer, according to a poll conducted in April by Texas Lyceum, a nonprofit leadership organization."

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article152402734.html

and what I posted earlier:

Every congressperson along southern border opposes border wall funding
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps...-border-opposes-border-wall-funding-2019-1-8/

Most Americans don't want a wall. For Trump, it's just about him, not losing, appearances.

That would be correct, to include me, the reason being, Illegal Immigrants are spread wide and big throughout Texas, This is not new! this has been going on for over 50 years. we have adapted and learned to live with the illegal immigrants, who as majority harm no one, have good intentions, why would we want a wall now?? there is a point of no return, we have passed that point here @JB Lions , I could take you to Laredo tx, El Paso, Brownsville, McAllen. I could show you first hand very poor illegal immigrants in the 100'thousands in these Texas cities.

They don't really have any barriers, they just walk across the US border, basically crossing the
Rio Grande river, which is mostly shallow, waist to chest deep, hop over a little fence, that is it.

•••
Yeah... Nancy and Chuck show going over like a lead balloon.

•••
80% of border agents say the wall work. Walls in CA, NM, and AZ have reduced crime / smuggling dramatically.

Hillary Clinton, Nancy Peolosi, Chuck Schumer all thought a wall was a good idea a few months ago, Why do you even bother to have opinions, just copy and paste links from MNSBC.

The link you posted showed it didn't, it's going back up. Just reread my last post, I think I already went thru it all. Again:

Most Americans don't want a wall.

Trump isn't getting a wall.

mr-x's earlier link showed illegal immigration went down but then tripled over last few years. mr-x proved it doesn't work.

There really isn't much more to it. Besides more tantrums from Trump and his supporters.

@mr-x - why do you have a curtain rod finial for an avatar? I don't get what that is supposed to mean.

Finials+for+all.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Democrats managed to make President Donald Trump look reasonable!

•••

You could at least be honest and admit they don't want a wall because they don't want to hand President Trump a policy victory before an election.

No, we don't give a shit about a wall here in Texas, As I said, there is a point of no return when people don't do shit and let Illegal Immigrants in. that is where we are at in Tx at this point, they have been here for 50 years, the numbers have just risen as each year goes by, why fuck it up now?

Nixon
Ford
The Bushes
The Clintons
Obama

none gave a shit about illegal immigrants obviously, look at what we have in the US that is undocumented and documented but illegally here in the US.

•••
Something a little bit comical to share, we have had an influx of folks from New York, California, Pennsylvania, Boston, hell you name it, they have moved into Texas for our cheaper housing, no tax and all that, well, we no longer have cheaper housing, rent, and all that, we are nearing California pricing of living minus the state tax. So anyways,

A man and his wife were sitting across from my wife and i at a good local Mexican restaurant, they had just moved to Texas two months ago, So we get to talking with these two, the man says, we have Illegals working all in our new neighborhood, from building the new houses to mowing the lawns, they are everywhere, I asked the man, had you been to Texas much prior to moving here?? he said no, we ordered our house sight unseen because it was a new home build, I said awww, I see, well welcome to Texas, he looked at me and said, your fucking kidding me right?

I said no Sir, he said so "those people" are here all the time? I said, yeah, I asked him if he looked any demographics before moving here, he said, No, but i never would have dreamed that this many Mexican people would be in North Texas, I said, The Cities of Dallas and Fort Worth are majority Mexican American now, as are quite a few cities in Texas. the man turned to his wife and said, we may need to rethink this move and all.

Now I am stumped, I told him Mexican Americans, not Illegals. then he started with 101 questions, he asked me how do we know an illegal from an American, I told him, when a feller comes up to looking lost and says "Espanol", then he can kinda figure that person is Illegal, not always, but about 85% of the time.

The man told me he was going to start calling the Police about all the Immigrant workers within his subdivision and report them, I said, no need to do that, local Police don't enforce those laws here, then he said he would call immigration DFW, I told him, no need, DFW immigration does not enforce those laws here. so he asked me, ok, so what do I do?? I said you do nothing. no law enforcement agency in the state of Texas upholds Illegal Immigration Law, I told him DFW is lawyered up with Immigration Attorneys, The Hispanic communities have what is called LULAC that provide services for all Latino people here.

He said, So, what you are saying is American citizen lawyers and LULAC are protecting the Illegal Immigrants within the state of Texas, I said, absolutely, and have been since I was a child.

I told the man, the Illegal Immigrants are harmless, they are VERY hard working people, they live within themselves in apartment complexes that are appointed for them and are a high majority, Illegal Immigrant communities. He looked at his wife and shook his head.

This is what I am speaking about for people who live in states that are minimally affected by Illegal Immigration, It is stupidity by default, they don't have a clue, they only know what they see on TV. but as i have said, these people as a majority, are not bad people, not dangerous people, not even disrespectful people, they are humble people for the most part.

But Illegal Immigration in The USA costs us billions per year, our resources are being extended to a maximum degree, it is a very difficult situation at this point.

as JB asked me, why doesn't Texas handle their wall and the Immigration problem. simple, because the laws are not enforced, they haven't been enforced in 50 years here. if the laws are not enforced, the people certainly can't stop Illegal Immigration here, we require Federal, State, and Local agencies to enforce the laws. The Illegal Immigration laws are simply not enforced.

They are not, and have not been enforced in sanctuary states in decades, so here we sit, discussing why do and do not need a wall, why this and why that, this should be like this, this should be like that. the Democrats are better, the Republicans are better, all that political mumbo jumbo, almost soap opera like.

But the one thing I have NEVER seen discussed in this thread is, What can we, the American citizens of our country do, to help our country, It doesn't matter if the Illegals stay or not, and they most likely will stay. but what we can we do to help makes our country a great place for ALL the people to live and prosper in.

what is happening is this IMO, we have failed as a society in our country, we have to fix our failure, raise our children correctly, get along and respect each other, coexist as one nation despite our differences.

we can all sit here and post memes, take shots at one another, continue to live in past history, this was Clinton's fault, well this bush fault, Trump is orange, Clinton is purple, statistics prove this, and all that stuff.

But at the end of each and every day, what have you done to try and rectify the issues as an American??

Have you made any effort to rectify the issues that keep us divided amongst each other?????

We as citizens can have a much better life, we can have a better life by agreeing to disagree, by not letting fuckups and shit wads take over neighborhoods committing burglaries, car thefts, thugging out neighborhoods.

we don't need Washington to make these things happen, we need each other to make these happen.

we as brothers and sisters better get our shit together and with the quickness too, we are a sinking ship, and once all is said and done, we will have no one to blame but ourselves.

Aretha Franklin sung it best, all you need is a little

R E S P E C T

•••
But the one thing I have NEVER seen discussed in this thread is, What can we, the American citizens of our country do, to help our country, It doesn't matter if the Illegals stay or not, and they most likely will stay. but what we can we do to help makes our country a great place for ALL the people to live and prosper in.

[APPLAUSE]

Exactly. Great post.

They probably weren't from NJ (or they're extremely naive) - we have a large immigrant population here*. If you have construction, landscaping, cleaning etc. you can assume most of the crew will only speak Spanish. One will speak enough English to communicate with the customer. For the most part, hard-working folks.

*Apparently many on POTUS' golf course ...

Last edited:
•••
No, we don't give a sh*t about a wall here in Texas, As I said, there is a point of no return when people don't do sh*t and let Illegal Immigrants in. that is where we are at in Tx at this point, they have been here for 50 years, the numbers have just risen as each year goes by, why f*ck it up now?

Nixon
Ford
The Bushes
The Clintons
Obama

none gave a sh*t about illegal immigrants obviously, look at what we have in the US that is undocumented and documented but illegally here in the US.

I didn't say you gave a shit about a wall in TX. You conflate legal immigration with illegal immigration and border security. Walls won't stop border-town commerce.

Our current system:
Cross border illegally; find border agent to turn yourself in. Get a hearing, spend a few weeks waiting and be released into the USA. Most don't stay in TX. Bring a child, you get better treatment. Show up a border legally, get denied or told you have to wait six months for a hearing.

Wall in San Diego saved that town and INCREASED cross border commerce because crime dropped. That's the problem with your argument. Walls work.

I'm still waiting to hear a fact based argument why there shouldn't be strategic walls built or why we should take the walls that are working DOWN.

Wall provide security to sections of the border that are hard to control when large numbers of people cross illegally.

Last edited:
•••
[APPLAUSE]

Exactly. Great post.

@.X. Are we not allowed to remove criminals who are not eligible for citizenship? We had that conversation a couple of times in the 80's and 90's.

What we get is amnesty for everyone and no security. Border security doesn't preclude a path to citizenship for people here or a reduction in legal immigration.

•••
But at the end of each and every day, what have you done to try and rectify the issues as an American??

What can be rectified?
Live within your means, Become financially independent, become self employed, self educated, save money, take care of your health, eat right, support local small business, adapt to change, drive used cars, don’t waste money on expensive colleges, work close to home, let your wife stay at home to raise kids.

Versus these trapped Americans:

Have a huge expensive Wedding to start off in debt
Move to suburbs to a house they cannot afford
Both husband and wife work to afford the house
Not vote
Not complain
Hire illegals for cheap labor then complain about them
Use facebook all day long
Watch and emulate the Kardashians, Jersey Shore etc.
Take out student loans that can’t be repaid.
Work for a corporation or government
Education ends after full time work
Sit in traffic 2-4 hours per day
Buy a new car every 3 years
Don’t save any money
Expect the Govt to fix things
Gripe about not having the latest iPhone
Buy the latest iPhone on time
Move from CA to AZ, WA, OR, NM, TX
Don’t cook, eat out often at fast food.
Eat at corporate chain restaurants
Shop at Amazon daily
Buy a big screen tv for every room.
Get pay day loans
Continuously increase debt
Eat sugar free and processed foods
Gain weight
Expect “someone else” to fix their self inflicted problems.

•••
Was this an intentional Covfefe?

upload_2019-1-9_8-46-47.png

upload_2019-1-9_8-48-39.png

Forrest Trump

upload_2019-1-9_8-43-41.png

49764948_10156821761296132_4156739034913177600_n.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Oh and BTW, if "Technology is way too far advanced" and I'm assuming from the various posts... also much cheaper, then why hasn't it been applied up till now?

Because business, politicians profit from illegal immigration.

1) GW Bush was close to giving amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants when 911 happened and security became an yuge issue.

2) Democrats and Republicans both want credit for granting amnesty to illegal immigrants but don't want the heat from middle / lower class working people who are hurt by unlimited, illegal immigration.

3) Chamber of Commerce has a lot of money / clout and likes illegal immigration because it lowers wages for entry level jobs and labor.

But who will pick our veggies and mow our lawns?? The same people but they will have work permits, workers compensation benefits and can travel by train / buss from their homes to their jobs. You're grapes and lettuce will cost more but if we are being humane, who cares.

Last edited:
•••
•••
This is incoherent nonsense.

The link you posted showed it didn't, it's going back up. Just reread my last post, I think I already went thru it all. Again:

Most Americans don't want a wall.

Trump isn't getting a wall.

mr-x's earlier link showed illegal immigration went down but then tripled over last few years. mr-x proved it doesn't work.

There really isn't much more to it. Besides more tantrums from Trump and his supporters.

@mr-x - why do you have a curtain rod finial for an avatar? I don't get what that is supposed to mean.

it was a choice.
sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u1[1].png

Last edited:
•••
We would need the answers to your question from them vVVVvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Lyndon Johnson
Richard Nixon
Gerald Ford
Jimmy Carter
Ronald Reagan
George H.W. Bush
Bill Clinton
George W. Bush
Barack Obama

++++++++++

The house
The Congress
The Senate

I would say almost any question pertaining to Illegal Immigration, The effects in America from Illegal Immigration, All the money spent on housing, feeding and funding Illegal Immigrants so they can stay in America.

I think asking all the above is where the answers are, I was a child, Teen, while this Cesspool was happening, once an Adult. It was already a done deal.

closed down gas stations turned into Day Labor stations were already full of Illegal Immigrants hanging under the awnings waiting for people to pick them up for a days work.

Illegal Immigrants were living in older apartment complexes rent free.

Illegal Immigrant Gangs had already formed and were running drugs, beefing with their gang rivals.

I guess it all depends on what state you live If you saw this transpire right in front of your eyes.

Texas had the above going on before I was an adult, states like Virginia are just now starting to see Illegal Immigrants forming within the state.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@GILSAN , My brother, I wish I had a clue as to why
But now that Trump is trying to do something about it, all the Democrats, all the Liberal Media, all of Hollywood, most of the Judges, virtually all of the Music industry and even some Republicans are blocking him!

What I can't understand is that there are many millions of highly qualified people around the world that apply to immigrate LEGALLY into the US, but have to wait years and years to get an answer and yet millions, mostly unqualified people enter ILLEGALLY, but Democrats seem to defend them more than Americans.

I'm sure the LEGAL applicants would have their applications approved much faster, if it weren't for the problem of so many millions of ILLEGALS, sucking up resources.

I have a friend who applied to immigrate to the US about 13 years ago. He is a highly qualified computer programmer with some courses from Microsoft. He got APPROVED 9 years later for US residency!

By then he was no longer interested. I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of similar stories like his!

In his case the US lost out on a highly qualified person, but during those 9 years gained some unqualified illegals, perhaps some gang members or other criminals, probably living the good life in a sanctuary city!

Democrats are crying over $5.6 billion, which represents only 0.1%, that's 1/10th of 1% of the budget and yet they secretly gave Iran $150 billion, to try to make them stop saying: "Death to America"

The US also spends $130 billion in feeding and supporting all those ILLEGALS. And yet the WALL is EXPENSIVE?

Go figure!
12-25-2018-6-33-48-PM-7751977.jpg

•••
This.

But now that Trump is trying to do something about it, all the Democrats, all the Liberal Media, all of Hollywood, most of the Judges, virtually all of the Music industry and even some Republicans are blocking him!

Go figure!
12-25-2018-6-33-48-PM-7751977.jpg

DoJOayPV4AAHDeW.jpg

•••
Live within your means, Become financially independent, become self employed, self educated, save money, take care of your health, eat right, support local small business, adapt to change, drive used cars, don’t waste money on expensive colleges, work close to home, let your wife stay at home to raise kids.

Versus these trapped Americans:

You know I’m a fan of this, but everyone isn’t cut out to be self employed, and many jobs can’t be “self educated”

Aside from needing formal education to get past the hiring managers in most “white collar” jobs, I dont think I would want a self-educated doctor or dentist D-:!

And better schools are a competitive edge in the job market. I got through without loans - part scholarships, part family and I was living home and working part time while in school, but that was then and costs weren’t as crazy as they are now. I don’t pretend to know what the answer is, but tuition has gotten ridiculous. I’m not on the “free college for all” bandwagon, but I could see some merit-based free tuition at community colleges, possibly state. Merit based = to kids who show initiative and/or leadership, good grades, stay out of trouble. It would give a hand up the economic mobility ladder to those who deserve it and are most likely to run with it. Leverage promising talent - especially from low income families - instead of consigning them to flip burgers, work in retail and raise another low income generation.

Eat right, watch your weight, take care of your health... there’s still environmental and genetic “gotchas.” Even the relatively benign ones - two nearsighted parents are unlikely produce kids who don’t need glasses. And age, wear and tear catches up with all of us eventually...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back