Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Starting a phone call on mobiles is not interactive?

Don't you know the main purpose of cell phones?
People with perspicacity will understand!

Answering the sarcasm here would lead only to more sarcasm, so I won't answer your questions.

•••
People with perspicacity will understand!

Answering the sarcasm here would lead only to more sarcasm, so I won't answer your questions.

You don't have to answer anything.
I understand what a .tel is and does = nothing and nothing
and yes I have one so I'm not speculating or being Hypocritical or trying to perceive it in a different way
I see it - from fact.

and call it what it is <---no pun intended.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
In December 2012 Telnames will start making serious business.

Why the jokes about .tel don't continue? Come on guys, I'm waiting for you!

It is a joke, come on now ;)
You are just vamping up the glorified phone book with a dialer app. and?? good for you/them.

Might work for Small Business, but not domainers.

.tel have shut out domain investors and developers
which is a huge market for turnover that they have lost.

Focusing on joe the enduser to buy and publish a .tel is a very small pool.
Still can't host with "just anyone"
Very limited on where to buy one.
Can't use your own templates/tools etc
AND they jacked the price...really? LOL

So you are you paid to post for them or do
you just do it on your own?
Just wondering because you have never joined ANY part of this conversation
except to talk of wishes and drop some other forum names - in every visible post -
and try to convince of something it's not.

•••
Of course the registration numbers are still low, because .tel has been only in beta for years.
It's not that the volume is low but it is decreasing. There is hardly any TLD that isn't growing...

So you work for Telnames ?

Why the jokes about .tel don't continue? Come on guys, I'm waiting for you!
The .tel TLD is the joke :)

•••
The .tel TLD is the joke :)
Yes, sure!

And I like laughing!

Since you guys are very creative in writing jokes, I thought it's a good idea to stimulate you a little bit (even you have no clue what the purpose of .tel is)!

I'm enjoying it!

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

So you are you paid to post for them
I'm impressed! How could you find out my secret so quickly?

Can you believe they are paying me $100 per post?

•••

The .tel folks would have done better investing in .crow.

9697_10151168971938932_757937738_n.jpg

:wave:

•••
•••
Hey Telnic!

An old post worth repeating:

For what it's worth, dotTEL needs to be reinvented. Here's one possible concept for a dotTEL makeover:

With hub based, centralized social network giants absorbing our data, images and user generated content, it's time for someone to come up with a Peer To Peer Social Network platform. Think of it as Napster style social networking.

Put a few brilliant coders and social network savants in a room and let them brainstorm how to reinvent dotTEL by incorporating the best of all social network hubs into a P2P compliant, portable, modular social network.

This would take the form of a decentralized, dotTEL template based network in which end users would maintain complete ownership and control of all user generated content. Portability would allow end users to "plug-in" or "unplug" from any compliant P2P social network on a modular basis. When all is said and done, what would emerge would be a social network structure in which end users have all the power and control.

In addition, as an improvement over "800/877/866" toll free numbers, dotTEL could be programmed so that dotTEL domain owners could choose to render the underlying phone number completely transparent - just like ip numbers are to dotCOM domain names. Then, a dotTEL domain name will actually become the phone number - not just a link to a phone number.

The psychological impact of this, alone, would totally change the public perception of what dotTEL represents!

Of course, if dialing a specific dotTEL domain name would result in charges of any kind (i.e., "976" numbers), a dialog box would appear with a warning. One final thought, how about incorporating voice recognition technology into a toll free "800" number or VOIP hub that would allow dotTEL domain names to be voice dialed from landlines and pay phones?

Put these concepts together, join forces with a major mobile provider and you've got a viable dotTEL for the 21st century!​

Another old POST with more ideas yet to be implemented.

Hey NamePros Members!

In the meantime, I'll be renewing the following dotTEL domain names consisting of these keywords:

4ATTORNEY
4CAB
4CABS
4DELIVERY
4DENTIST
4DENTISTS
4DOCTOR
4DOCTORS
4FRANCHISE
4GOLD
4LAWYER
4LOANS
4PIZZA
4PLUMBER
4SILVER
4TAXI
4TICKETS
4TOWING
CANDY
CASHADVANCE
CHECKCASHING
ELECTRICAL
FLOWERDELIVERY
GIFTBASKET
GREETINGS
HEATING
HOMEWORK
HOTLINE
HOTLINES
LMAO
MONEYORDER
MONEYORDERS
OVERNIGHT
PAYDAYLOAN
PAYDAYLOANS
PLUMBING
ROMANCE
ROOFING
STANDUP
TALKRADIO
TATTOO
TOW
TOWING
UFO
WEBMASTER
WORKATHOME

No amount of debate can determine whether this is a good move or not. I don't know, and here's a news flash: Neither do any of you! Only time (and ROI) will tell. I've made far worse financial decisions in my life. Sure, I could have bought a huge flat screen and killer sound system with the money I've invested in dotTEL (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... not "invested"... "thrown away"), but last I heard, the value of home theater systems ain't been appreciating particularly well, either. D-:

Last edited:
•••

WordWalker, I gave you a "like" because you offer some great ideas that could possibly bring .tel back from the brink.

I probably would not renew the "4" domains, just because mixed numericals/letters are typically problematic in .com, but, perhaps, you see something that I don't.

;)

•••
I'm surprised that there are still believers around :)

•••
Had almost forgotten about the existence of .tel so was shocked to see this advert on UK TV last night.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKu5T0wU19I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKu5T0wU19I[/ame]

•••
koolaid.tel is available :)

By the way, great marketing from the cult followers :laugh:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100426...rs.com/2009/03/rip-dot-com-we-barely-knew-ye/
The dotcom killer is hosted on a dotcom, go figure lol.
That is a classic example of a fanboy getting high on his own supply. :) The four to six year prediction that .com would be overtaken by .tel or another TLD should be used as a warning for newbie domainers.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Of course the registration numbers are still low, because .tel has been only in beta for years.
Not only are they low, they are falling. This consolidation trend is actually gathering pace across some of the less well used gTLDs as the focus of new registration activity is on .com and ccTLDs.

Well that means more registrations and perhaps more activity.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

.tel have shut out domain investors and developers which is a huge market for turnover that they have lost.
I'm not so sure about shutting out domain investors and developers. The effect of domain investors in a new TLD is only one part of the equation. The other part is brand protection where trademark owners and small businesses rush to register their domain in the Sunrise phase and Landrush phase of a new TLD. These two sets of registrants give each newly launched TLD a bit of a boost over the first six months of its operation (roughly the Landrush window).

Focusing on joe the enduser to buy and publish a .tel is a very small pool.
Most development outside the domain investor and domain developer market would be carried out by web developers. Given .tel's low profile, they would be unlikely to have heard of the TLD.

Still can't host with "just anyone"
This is a killer problem given the way that small businesses group their domains and often point their various TLD versions to their primary website.

The .tel TLD resembles a Pay For Inclusion web directory where the registrant has very little control over the "website" other than to update details. In technological terms, the .tel TLD is a great answer for a question that nobody seems to have asked. It does need a lot of marketing to drive usage and visbility.

Regards...jmcc

•••
While I don't think .tel is about to rock any boats, there is one function for it.

And I'm hoping that function becomes more ubiquitous as time goes.

As a domain, .tel was never in the race by limiting dns.

•••
back...

I am thinking about working on a .tel domain I have and see how it goes.

I thought I come back on here and see if anyone got any tips on any new feature tools etc

•••
.tel is great but most people don't understand how to use it
Telnic does not help. They should go out and advertise for what it is, the best domains for personal contact information and the best domains for creating directories
If people register and develop more domains like this (www.granvillestreet.tel) Yellow Pages will go out of business

•••
Nonexistent extension beyond domainer society.

•••
A forum with fewer than 150 users is the most popular .tel resource ?
Why am I not surprised ?

•••
I thought you would be surprised that .tel has still 150 users!

•••
•••
•••
"Tel" are the first three letters of the word "Telos" - it means, "the end" in Greek. This TLD was dead from the get-go.

•••
I broke down and renewed the only one I have left
Penticton.tel ;) only cause.....hmmm I dunno why LOL

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back