Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's the matter, mactel, you don't like when the truth about .tel is shown to the public? It's not my problem if you want to invest all your cash in this TLD. What I have a problem with though, is that you want to keep the information about how failed this TLD is from being known. Well, I have a solution for you, make a site called TelRules.com and continue the endless tirades there.

The other solution would be for TelNic to open up the DNS for hosting records so that anyone can develop a real web site on a .tel domain. That'll be the ONLY way for those of us who understand what a sham .tel is, to stop issuing statements about its failure.

•••
.The weaknesses of the .tel domain, are the weaknesses of its management.
What exactly has .tel not accomplished? It was released as a central point of contact. That is exactly what it is. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You are just one of the many .tel domainers who mistakenly believed that the service would be ever expanding. That there would be a vast transformation over time.

Now the pumpers are pumping the prospects of 3rd party applications that use .tel. The pot of gold is constantly being moved to a new location in this thread.

".Tel is going to be a hit because ___. Oh, no, wait, it's really because ____. Oops, that didn't work out. So ___ is going to put it over the top!"

The pumpers are now like a mountain climber falling to his death.... "This rock will hold me. Nope. I'll gab this one instead! Oops. Missed that one. Yes, this next one will hold me." SPLAT!

•••
•••
I have inquired about this and there is no easy answer because there are many different systems for entering extensions and they handle it differently.

You can add pauses in the dialing (I think by using comma or pound signs) so it will dial the main number, pause, then enter the extension. Otherwise you can mention the extension in the label, but that's part auto, part manual.

Because of the different phone systems out there, standardizing this part is tricky.
Wow. Interesting.

The top level of reseller pricing has potentially been chopped off if large companies that use extensions feel as though it can't be utilized.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

but nowhere, was a complete and usable "How To".
Who should be responsible for supporting .tel? The registry or the registrars?

Would it be fair to blame the .info registry if a domain owner couldn't figure HTML out?

Support issues IMO land at the door of the registrar. And as I said earlier, I do not believe the registrars are willing to support .tel on a level necessary to handle a flood of noob issues.

•••
It is everyones right, to criticize .tel.

But to call .tel users "pumpers", I find disrespectful.

I don't think, that I am only showing the "chocolat, or honey side" of .tel:
I am talked about problems we had.

And I say it again:
I am not very keen about the management of Telnic to form quasi a elite .tel group, mostely of developers, and on the other side, leaving normal user "in the rain", when it comes to be able to achieve with tasks, such as setting up a "Contact Us" .tel page, as well as placing adverts on the TelProxy by a "Do It Yourself" method.

Was that sweeting .tel with sugar, candy, honey, and chocolat?

I will tel you right in your face, when and where I think Telnic or its support have failed, each time it happens.

I am not quite sure about the idea to make a website out of .tel, because it would't be a "light weight" domain anymore, and would loose some of its qualities, such as speed, etc.

But what I would like to have, are coloured adverts, with logos and cliches, like I see on the website "leo.org", righthandside: A nice cologne with neat looking ads.

If we don't share the same views, it does not mean, that we can't have a nicer and more peaceful athmosphere here.

If you are self confident, and sure about your comments, you don't need to make others small, by callem them "pumpers". In my Opinon.

It is not Telnic, that will make .tel a success, it is us:

Telnic made a concept in 1998 / 2000, and today, they are only following that concept, and preaching it like preachers (Justin), but without much visible enthusiasm.
Without feeling the pulse of time, wtihout a feeling for the Zeitgeist.
Quasi have stood still, since 2000, only realizing that concept, unwilling to make innovative additons to the old concept. Of course, it is more confortable, that way. It is the Telnic comfort zone, that we are trying to shake up, a bit.

They are not very excited about their product, as they are trying to keept to their first concept from 1998 / 2000. And only give in, if they stand with the back to the wall, because the community insists in having something.

But we have a little more lifeblood for .tel, so we are making a lot of effort, more effort than Telnic.

There are professinals, whos job it is to promote and sell products.
Why cant Telnic consult them? Instead of wanting to do all by them self?
.....And spending endless hours in forums...

Every good manager has to delegate tasks, so that he can be a real supervisor.

It is always: Henry, Justin, but you are not a "seller" or a "hit", so stop selling your yourself, and let a pro sell the dot tel.
Maybe Digitrad is good at it: I am not quite sure.

Get someone to do it (to promote .tel), who can do it...

"Laura" worked, for a while..., but "Henry" and "Justin", are no longer what drives crowds of potential buyers to the smart phone shops and registrars to get .tel.

Telnic: Get a promotion agency, and spend a few milions of dollars for that, instead of whatever.

There is a growing community out there, which would like to see some more action...

Cheers to all:
Make a perfect pot of tea, relax, and take a healthy distance from all that .tel biz.

The whole TelConcept needs to be redesigned. As well as the TelPromoConcept.

I am about the same age, as you Telnic guys, and I think, my judgement and feeling it right.

.Tel won't sell any more, just with "ben.tel", "henry.tel", and "justin.tel".

Replace them by "rosalinda.tel", "jeanette.tel", "rose.tel", etc., let them look a bit sexy, and ,tel biz wil be taking off again.

Last edited:
•••
It is everyones right, to criticize .tel.

But to call .tel users "pumpers", I find disrespectful.

I don't think, that I am only showing the "chocolat, or honey side" of .tel:
I am talked about problems we had.

And I say it again:
I am not very keen about the management of Telnic to form quasi a elite .tel group, mostely of developers, and on the other side, leaving normal user "in the rain", when it comes to be able to achieve with tasks, such as setting up a "Contact Us" .tel page, as well as placing adverts on the TelProxy by a "Do It Yourself" method.

Was that sweeting .tel with sugar, candy, honey, and chocolat?

I will tel you right in your face, when and where I think Telnic or its support have failed, each time it happens.

I am not quite sure about the idea to make a website out of .tel, because it would't be a "light weight" domain anymore, and would loose some of its qualities, such as speed, etc.

But what I would like to have, are coloured adverts, with logos and cliches, like I see on the website "leo.org", righthandside: A nice cologne with neat looking ads.

If we don't share the same views, it does not mean, that we can't have a nicer and more peaceful athmosphere here.

If you are self confident, and sure about your comments, you don't need to make others small, by callem them "pumpers". In my Opinon.

It is not Telnic, that will make .tel a success, it is us:

Telnic made a concept in 1998 / 2000, and today, they are only following that concept, and preaching it like preachers (Justin), but without much visible enthusiasm.
Without feeling the pulse of time, wtihout a feeling for the Zeitgeist.
Quasi have stood still, since 2000, only realizing that concept, unwilling to make innovative additons to the old concept. Of course, it is more confortable, that way. It is the Telnic comfort zone, that we are trying to shake up, a bit.

They are not very excited about their product, as they are trying to keept to their first concept from 1998 / 2000. And only give in, if they stand with the back to the wall, because the community insists in having something.

But we have a little more lifeblood for .tel, so we are making a lot of effort, more effort than Telnic.

There are professinals, whos job it is to promote and sell products.
Why cant Telnic consult them? Instead of wanting to do all by them self?
.....And spending endless hours in forums...

Every good manager has to delegate tasks, so that he can be a real supervisor.

It is always: Henry, Justin, but you are not a "seller" or a "hit", so stop selling your yourself, and let a pro sell the dot tel.
Maybe Digitrad is good at it: I am not quite sure.

Get someone to do it (to promote .tel), who can do it...

"Laura" worked, for a while..., but "Henry" and "Justin", are no longer what drives crowds of potential buyers to the smart phone shops and registrars to get .tel.

Telnic: Get a promotion agency, and spend a few milions of dollars for that, instead of whatever.

There is a growing community out there, which would like to see some more action...

Cheers to all:
Make a perfect pot of tea, relax, and take a healthy distance from all that .tel biz.

The whole TelConcept needs to be redesigned. As well as the TelPromoConcept.

I am about the same age, as you Telnic guys, and I think, my judgement and feeling it right.

.Tel won't sell any more, just with "ben.tel", "henry.tel", and "justin.tel".

Replace them by "rosalinda.tel", "jeanette.tel", "rose.tel", etc., let them look a bit sexy, and ,tel biz wil be taking off again.

Nice read. :tu:

•••
Well I think you need a real TLD for that and go with conventional web development.

IMO you're expecting too much. Keep in mind that advertising is not even part of the initial .tel setup. The limitations were known from the outset. If you are complaining now then it means you did not do your homework. Advertising is a late addition and in my view it doesn't make sense at all. .tel is supposed to provide data with no clutter and you're going to mix it with advertising ?? I find that hard to understand :|

TBH even if I were an end user with very limited webdesign needs (ie. a cab driver) I would still buy a .com domain even if it's just to have a placeholder page with my contact details.
At least I can put a nice logo.

Why should I bother with the cookie-cutter telpages and that overwhelming telnic branding. .tel is a yoke. Unsurprisingly it's hard to get people to buy stuff that they don't need in the first place, especially when it's full of limitations.

•••
Contact page??

The whole thing is a contact page!

and the ability to have a .com point to it or from it
has been there since the inception.

•••
Hi Wendy,
Did you just delete my previous post?...
- Anyway, I posted it on my blog, and wrote it in German, as well, on the German .tel forum.

Let me explaine:

Quote:
" Contact page??
The whole thing is a contact page!
and the ability to have a .com point to it or from it
has been there since the inception."

1.) Every .tel domain comes with a so called "Contact Us" page. It is made, so that you are able to integrate it into your website. In other words, you quasi integrate the .tel domain into your website, but not really: only a copy of it.

2.) That page is quasi a clone of the TelProxy,

3.) You are able to integrate it into your existing website, and it updates in realtime, every time you do some changements to your .tel domain. Without you having to configure your website.
Also, vis versa: If you change your phone number on your Website .tel "Contact Us" page, your .tel domain information will update automatically.

4.) To see a good example, go to the website "Cake in a Box", Cake delivery in Glasgow, Scotland, and click ontop at "Contact Us".

5.) The .com can only point to your .tel, via such a "Contact Us" .tel page, or a active link.

6.) To clarify: The "Contact Us" .tel page looks like the .tel domain, if not modified or configured to make it look different (change color of icons, or replace icons.)

7.) Of course, the .tel domain is a contact page. But the "Contact Us" page, is not the ".tel domain contact page". It is a clone of it, that one can modify to ones liking, a bit.

8.) Again: The .com can only point to your .tel, via such a "Contact Us" .tel page, or a active link. but you can point to any .com, from any .tel.

9.) Dot tel always points to .com, or some other domain. But .com pointing to .tel, makes less sense, if .tel is not a very good page with valuable and useful content.

10.) .com can only point to .tel via a link to it (for example, via a "Contact Us" page with a active link, such as the "Contact Us" page from .tel.

I do hope, this helps, Wendy, and if you dont "get" the "Contact Us" page, at first, pleas do not delete a useful post about it.
Thank you, so much.

P.S.:
Wendy, if you had been moderator of the forum "The Electric Visionary", you probably would of deleleted most post from Nikolas Tesla...
His inventions only survived, because there where no internet forums, at his time...:
It either stayed on paper, or in his mind.
I know, you think I am some sort of a dummy, talking useless things about .tel, that everybody already knows. But it is not that simple.
Please think twice, befor you delete one of my posts.
I know you deleted a hand full of posts from DubDubDubDot, and he didn't even grumble too much about it...

Cheers, Wendy, you are ok.

Last edited:
•••
I know, you think I am some sort of a dummy, talking useless things about .tel, that everybody already knows. But it is not that simple.
Please think twice, befor you delete one of my posts.
I know you deleted a hand full of posts from DubDubDubDot, and he didn't even grumble too much about it....

That's not true mactel!
I just think your posts go off track and the repeating throughout gets extremely confusing.
You don't need to say the same thing 5 times in different ways, we get it the first time.

and when you go back and edit your posts to giant print (for whatever reason)
hours after it has been posted it looses it's original meaning. and clutters things up.

Cheers, Wendy, you are ok.

Thank you :)
Keep it straight :talk:

•••
3 (.com) + 3 (.tel) = 18 possible .com pageviews:

3 (.com) + 3 (.tel) = 18 (possible .com pageviews):

3C + 3T = 18PCPV

All businesses, who have a .tel domain, won't only have a .tel.

They will be using their .tel to point to their .com.

.Tel is only the working donkey, who directs the clients to the .com website.

If you have got a .com, you can set up a few donkeys: "i-aaaaa, ii-aaaa-iii-aaaaa...": One donkey is good, three donkeys, are even better:

Example:

fruitdish.com
fruitdish.tel (donkey directing to fruitdish.com)
allsortsfruit.tel (donkey2 directing to fruitdish.com)
fruitland.tel (donkey3 directing to fruitdish.com)
:blink:
If you wanna be big biz:

Get:
allsortsfruit.com
fruitland.com

And teach your positioned donkeys to direct to those websites as well (by adding them to your .tel's)
Conclusion:
If you got a few biz websites, get a few .tel's, and direct-direct (matching domain names), and cross-direct to your .com's (non-matching domain names).
If you where able to follow me: Here is another szenario:

Ok:
You have the three (.com)'s, as well as the three (.tel)'s, and can do:

3 times direct-direct to .com's.
2 times cross-direct
antother 2 times cross-direct
and anoter 2 times cross-direct

That is pointing to three .com's: 9 times. By using three tel's.

Anyway:
You can set up more pointers:
How?:

Put a "Contact Us" .tel page, on each .com website:

This way, you simply repeat the szenario:
3 times direct-direct to .com's.
2 times cross-direct
antother 2 times cross-direct
and anoter 2 times cross-direct

And get totally 18 pointers to your three .com websites.

Take away 3 self pointers, and you got 15 useful pointers.

Conclusion:
By using "Contact Us" .tel pages (I do not mean dot tel domains, I mean the special page, that comes with every .tel domain), you can double your number of pointer links.
Recapitulation:
To get 15 pointer links, you have:

3 .com websites
3 .tel webpages
3. "Contact Us" .tel pages on the three existing websites.

Which give you: 3 direct hits, and 15 indirect pointer hits to .com websites, and a total of 18 posibilities to click on your 3 .com domains (here, you have 6 domains and 18 possibilities to get a click to one of your 3 .com websites.).

Without 3 .tel domains, you would only get 3 direct hits, instead of 18 hits to your 3 .com domains.

Last edited:
•••
I'm trying to quit reading this stuff, but I can't seem to turn away. (:talk:)

•••
I'm trying to quit reading this stuff, but I can't seem to turn away. (:talk:)

I wish I could read it :gl:

Run Forest....RUN!

:lol:

•••
I one of my previous posts, did also talk about rose.tel, and that if she looked a bit sexy, that would be better for promoting .tel than "justin.tel".

•••
Positioned donkeys? i-aaaaa-ii-aaaa-iii-aaaaa? direct-direct? "cross-direct to your .com's (non-matching domain names)"?

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot, sir!

Can we please try and be more concise mactel?

--

FYI: Vancouver .TEL Meetup - Oct 9

•••
got my first .tel newsletter today , haven't read it yet , did anyone else get one ? and was there anything worth knowing ?

•••
.tel me, how to read, or send me a audio newsletter via .tel...

•••
I did my usual bi-monthly scan of the available premium LLL TELs.

Available Premium LLL have been reduced by 16.

At 8 domains per week, it will take 28 weeks (or 14 more posts) before these are finally gone.

List valid as of 20:32 AM PST, Oct 02, 2009

Total remaining all premium LLL: 231.
Total registered all premium LLL: 4,682.

Names starting with the letters:

A - None remaining
B - None remaining
C - None remaining
D - None remaining

Code:
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]E - 9 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

eah.tel
ebh.tel
efn.tel
[COLOR="red"]egd.tel - Taken[/COLOR]
egh.tel
ehd.tel
ehp.tel
eht.tel
eih.tel
elh.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]F - 34 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

fbe.tel
fbg.tel
fcf.tel
fch.tel
ffp.tel
fgd.tel
fge.tel
fgl.tel
fgn.tel
fgo.tel
fgp.tel
fgr.tel
fhc.tel
fhd.tel
fhe.tel
[COLOR="red"]fho.tel - taken[/COLOR]
fht.tel
flh.tel
fmh.tel
fmn.tel
fne.tel
fno.tel
fnp.tel
fnr.tel
fnt.tel
fpe.tel
fpg.tel
fph.tel
fpi.tel
fpn.tel
fpr.tel
frh.tel
frn.tel
ftg.tel
ftt.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]G - 9 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]gbf.tel - taken[/COLOR]
gcf.tel
[COLOR="Red"]gdh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]gfr.tel - taken[/COLOR]
ggh.tel
ggm.tel
ggn.tel
glh.tel
glr.tel
gnh.tel
gpf.tel
grf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]H - 31 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]hbg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hbt.tel
hco.tel
hdo.tel
hfd.tel
hfe.tel
hff.tel
hfh.tel
hfl.tel
hfn.tel
hfo.tel
[COLOR="red"]hgd.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hge.tel
[COLOR="red"]hgg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hgl.tel
hgr.tel
hhg.tel
hlb.tel
hle.tel
hlf.tel
hlg.tel
hli.tel
hlo.tel
hlr.tel
hnf.tel
hng.tel
hnp.tel
hnr.tel
hpf.tel
hpl.tel
hrn.tel
hsl.tel
htd.tel
htn.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]I - 15 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

ibh.tel
ieh.tel
ifd.tel
ifg.tel
ifh.tel
igd.tel
ihd.tel
ihl.tel
ihp.tel
ilb.tel
ilf.tel
ilr.tel
iog.tel
ioh.tel
iph.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]L - 32 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

lbf.tel
lbr.tel
[COLOR="red"]lcb.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lcf.tel
lde.tel
ldf.tel
ldo.tel
ldt.tel
lfa.tel
lfd.tel
lfe.tel
[COLOR="red"]lfh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lfi.tel
lfm.tel
lfo.tel
lfr.tel
lgf.tel
lgm.tel
lgn.tel
lgp.tel
lgr.tel
lhb.tel
lhf.tel
lhi.tel
lht.tel
[COLOR="red"]lmh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lmr.tel
lnf.tel
lnm.tel
lno.tel
lnr.tel
lpb.tel
lph.tel
lrf.tel
lro.tel
lrp.tel
lrr.tel
ltf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]M - 3 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

mfb.tel
mfe.tel
mhg.tel
[COLOR="red"]mlh.tel - taken[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]N - 18 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

nbh.tel
ndf.tel
nfd.tel
nfe.tel
nff.tel
nfp.tel
ngh.tel
nhf.tel
nhg.tel
nlf.tel
nlg.tel
nlh.tel
nli.tel
nmf.tel
nmo.tel
nnf.tel
nrf.tel
nrh.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]O - 37 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

obf.tel
obh.tel
ocg.tel
odh.tel
[COLOR="red"]oeh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
oep.tel
oet.tel
ofb.tel
ofd.tel
ofg.tel
ofh.tel
ofm.tel
ofn.tel
ofp.tel
ofr.tel
ogb.tel
ogd.tel
ogh.tel
ogn.tel
ogp.tel
ohd.tel
ohf.tel
ohn.tel
oht.tel
oif.tel
[COLOR="red"]oig.tel - taken[/COLOR]
oim.tel
olh.tel
oln.tel
olr.tel
omh.tel
onb.tel
onf.tel
onh.tel
onr.tel
opb.tel
oph.tel
orh.tel
otd.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]P - 12 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

pdh.tel
pfb.tel
pfg.tel
pfh.tel
pgf.tel
pgg.tel
pgl.tel
phb.tel
[COLOR="red"]phg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
phm.tel
[COLOR="red"]plh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
prh.tel
ptf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]R - 22 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

rbf.tel
rbh.tel
rfb.tel
rfh.tel
rgf.tel
rgh.tel
rgo.tel
rhf.tel
rhg.tel
rhn.tel
rih.tel
rlg.tel
rlh.tel
rli.tel
rll.tel
rlo.tel
rlp.tel
rlt.tel
rnh.tel
rni.tel
rnl.tel
rph.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]S - 2 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

sfh.tel
sgf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]T - 6 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

tfg.tel
tfh.tel
thh.tel
thl.tel
tnh.tel
tph.tel

•••
I one of my previous posts, did also talk about rose.tel, and that if she looked a bit sexy, that would be better for promoting .tel than "justin.tel".
You seem convinced that sexy women can help .tel. Should .tel owners get access to a special members only photo section of these women? Maybe even have RoseAndMike.tel. What do you think?

•••
Unless I am mistaken, this list of 3 letter .Tel domains is a bit faulty. I pulled up three domains beinning with "S" that are still available that are not on your list; one of which I just registered. FYI.

I did my usual bi-monthly scan of the available premium LLL TELs.

Available Premium LLL have been reduced by 16.

At 8 domains per week, it will take 28 weeks (or 14 more posts) before these are finally gone.

List valid as of 20:32 AM PST, Oct 02, 2009

Total remaining all premium LLL: 231.
Total registered all premium LLL: 4,682.

Names starting with the letters:

A - None remaining
B - None remaining
C - None remaining
D - None remaining

Code:
[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]E - 9 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

eah.tel
ebh.tel
efn.tel
[COLOR="red"]egd.tel - Taken[/COLOR]
egh.tel
ehd.tel
ehp.tel
eht.tel
eih.tel
elh.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]F - 34 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

fbe.tel
fbg.tel
fcf.tel
fch.tel
ffp.tel
fgd.tel
fge.tel
fgl.tel
fgn.tel
fgo.tel
fgp.tel
fgr.tel
fhc.tel
fhd.tel
fhe.tel
[COLOR="red"]fho.tel - taken[/COLOR]
fht.tel
flh.tel
fmh.tel
fmn.tel
fne.tel
fno.tel
fnp.tel
fnr.tel
fnt.tel
fpe.tel
fpg.tel
fph.tel
fpi.tel
fpn.tel
fpr.tel
frh.tel
frn.tel
ftg.tel
ftt.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]G - 9 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]gbf.tel - taken[/COLOR]
gcf.tel
[COLOR="Red"]gdh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
[COLOR="red"]gfr.tel - taken[/COLOR]
ggh.tel
ggm.tel
ggn.tel
glh.tel
glr.tel
gnh.tel
gpf.tel
grf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]H - 31 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]hbg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hbt.tel
hco.tel
hdo.tel
hfd.tel
hfe.tel
hff.tel
hfh.tel
hfl.tel
hfn.tel
hfo.tel
[COLOR="red"]hgd.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hge.tel
[COLOR="red"]hgg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
hgl.tel
hgr.tel
hhg.tel
hlb.tel
hle.tel
hlf.tel
hlg.tel
hli.tel
hlo.tel
hlr.tel
hnf.tel
hng.tel
hnp.tel
hnr.tel
hpf.tel
hpl.tel
hrn.tel
hsl.tel
htd.tel
htn.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]I - 15 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

ibh.tel
ieh.tel
ifd.tel
ifg.tel
ifh.tel
igd.tel
ihd.tel
ihl.tel
ihp.tel
ilb.tel
ilf.tel
ilr.tel
iog.tel
ioh.tel
iph.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]L - 32 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

lbf.tel
lbr.tel
[COLOR="red"]lcb.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lcf.tel
lde.tel
ldf.tel
ldo.tel
ldt.tel
lfa.tel
lfd.tel
lfe.tel
[COLOR="red"]lfh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lfi.tel
lfm.tel
lfo.tel
lfr.tel
lgf.tel
lgm.tel
lgn.tel
lgp.tel
lgr.tel
lhb.tel
lhf.tel
lhi.tel
lht.tel
[COLOR="red"]lmh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
lmr.tel
lnf.tel
lnm.tel
lno.tel
lnr.tel
lpb.tel
lph.tel
lrf.tel
lro.tel
lrp.tel
lrr.tel
ltf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]M - 3 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

mfb.tel
mfe.tel
mhg.tel
[COLOR="red"]mlh.tel - taken[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]N - 18 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

nbh.tel
ndf.tel
nfd.tel
nfe.tel
nff.tel
nfp.tel
ngh.tel
nhf.tel
nhg.tel
nlf.tel
nlg.tel
nlh.tel
nli.tel
nmf.tel
nmo.tel
nnf.tel
nrf.tel
nrh.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]O - 37 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

obf.tel
obh.tel
ocg.tel
odh.tel
[COLOR="red"]oeh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
oep.tel
oet.tel
ofb.tel
ofd.tel
ofg.tel
ofh.tel
ofm.tel
ofn.tel
ofp.tel
ofr.tel
ogb.tel
ogd.tel
ogh.tel
ogn.tel
ogp.tel
ohd.tel
ohf.tel
ohn.tel
oht.tel
oif.tel
[COLOR="red"]oig.tel - taken[/COLOR]
oim.tel
olh.tel
oln.tel
olr.tel
omh.tel
onb.tel
onf.tel
onh.tel
onr.tel
opb.tel
oph.tel
orh.tel
otd.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]P - 12 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

pdh.tel
pfb.tel
pfg.tel
pfh.tel
pgf.tel
pgg.tel
pgl.tel
phb.tel
[COLOR="red"]phg.tel - taken[/COLOR]
phm.tel
[COLOR="red"]plh.tel - taken[/COLOR]
prh.tel
ptf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]R - 22 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

rbf.tel
rbh.tel
rfb.tel
rfh.tel
rgf.tel
rgh.tel
rgo.tel
rhf.tel
rhg.tel
rhn.tel
rih.tel
rlg.tel
rlh.tel
rli.tel
rll.tel
rlo.tel
rlp.tel
rlt.tel
rnh.tel
rni.tel
rnl.tel
rph.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]S - 2 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

sfh.tel
sgf.tel

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=3]T - 6 remaining[/SIZE][/COLOR]

tfg.tel
tfh.tel
thh.tel
thl.tel
tnh.tel
tph.tel

•••
I read all the post here and see that many believes on .tel as directory, I was also convinced 100% like you but month after month by reading post, testing .tel, visiting telnic forum... my personal conclusion was that dot tel will fail as directory even with all the best technology it supplies for mobile devices. What .tel is great for it's for contact and that's the only point I believe and it's real and not speculation. I'm sorry this is not great to hear but I don't want to try to make domainers fake hopes or any kind of speculations. I was one of the biggest dot tel supporter (fan), spend thousands on premium domains and marketing, a dot tel expert here on NP but from now, my enthusiasm have fallen and I wish like all .tel owner or investor that I'm wrong but reality is reality you can't lie yourself and everyone else. If it was like stocks on the market, I can say it drop low down! Reason were post before (real marketing to US and world) So it's time for many to sell their "stocks" =.tel if don't want to see it sinking or keep it till stock goes up again meanwhile renewal is coming soon for many (march 2010 for landrush reg) and is painfull for the owners with hundreds of .tel
For those who still keep and renew it and have faiths on it, it's more like gambling or stocks it can rebound next year. I hope this for all .tel owners but if it doesnt, well it's not our fault but I think it's Telnic who didn't promote as they should do. Look at .me it have already been promoted worldwide, sell price fetch high in auction, big companies are using it.... .me marketing team are so good that they have exceeds .tel in term of popularity.

I don't want to teach their marketing manager but press release and partnership is not so effective as marketing and as what I see it's their strategy. To market or brand your name you need to spend money on advertising (websites, adwords campain, magazines, tv.....to worldwide audience and not just UK) on regulary basis. Press release is what we call "a bullet marketing" one time shot but the next day everyone forget about your press release. I can't go forward on investing .tel domains.

@mactel: It's not about technology stuff but about marketing. How can a soda that have black sparkling water not so good in the mouth have been the leader worldwide? is it because of the taste? NO but marketing and branding worldwide so who dont know The Red can with white Logo : COCA COL*
even their competitor PEPS* (blue can) have better taste but can't put them down because their marketing budget are not as power as Cola. Other example Microsoft V.S. MAC, apple OSX tech is way better than Microsoft but Microsoft are still leader why? blah blah blah....I can give a marketing course here but it's not a marketing forum.

Last edited:
•••
I read all the post here and see that many believes on .tel as directory, I was aloso convinced 100% like you but mont after month by reading post, testing .tel, visiting telnic forum... my personal conclusion was that dot tel will fail as directory even with all the best technology it supplies for mobile devices. What .tel is great for it's for contact and that's the only point I believe and it's real and not speculation.

Yes, I agree with you.

•••
I am very disappointed with telnic.

•••
@steveteva I think your analysis is completely wrong, especially about marketing and partnerships. It takes time to build out but this is a strategy you need to reach the market in a big way. I would say don't be impatient, but if you really want to liquidate your portfolio now then PM me your list, if it's any good then I may be interested :)

@lewisrx You're kidding. Why?

--

Lots of stuff coming up for telsters in Vancouver (courtesy of @onevancouver):

Monday Oct 5: News 1130 Radio campaign begins
Tuesday Oct 6: Make IT Business featuring .TEL interview with Cybele Negris
Wednesday Oct 7: Entreprenuer Showcase
Thursday Oct 8: BCAIM Event - George Moen, President of BlenzCoffee.tel will be on the panel
Friday Oct 9: .TEL Meetup Vancouver

Last edited:
•••
Thank you so much, for your posts.

I pointed out, that it is important for the mobile phone user, that handling is simple and that the cost for the mobile service has to be cheap (example: SMS).

With .tel directories, there is one major problem:
And that is, that subdomain names are very long (mostly).

The solution would be the following:

For example, according to your subdomain structure in your directory, your subdomain name consists out of 5 names, that are put together, divided by a dot, each time. And at the end of the .tel subdomain name, stands a .tel domain name:

name1.name2.name3.name4.yourcompany.tel

Take away three names, like, and your subdomain name looks like this, for example:

name1.yourcompany.tel

Which would look fine.

And how should this be made possible?:

All names stay in the programming code, and are still there, but a few words are made invisible in the written subdomain name.

And you would only have to type a double-worded subdomain name, for a five-name-structured-name.

In other words: If it would get possible to shorten long subdomain names, a lot of companies would like to have a entry in a commercial .tel directory.

But, as I said: This is only wishful thinking, but could possiby be made true by some skilled programmers.
Conclusion:
It will be about solving some technical issues, and supporting directory owners.
And at the same time, offering .tel services to the mainstream user, as simple and cheap as possible.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back