Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi

For this, let's assume that .tel will not be a total flop.

What type of keywords will be most valuable for this extension? Will it be geographical keywords, like newyork.tel, losangeles.tel, etc, or what else?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There was no rant, but there was a response to your statement that 0% of marketing people use descriptive keywords to promote their businesses.:laugh:
You presented the following choices:

--
Call Me, Mr. John D. McDoweally at 1-324-675-5464 for a Free Tax Assessment
OR It says:
Get a Free Tax Assessment Today - Visit TAXPROS.tel
--

And I said that 0% of marketing people would choose the second one, and that is a FACT.

•••

--
OR It says:
--

And I said that 0% of marketing people would choose the second one, and that is a FACT.

I agree with this above comment.
Why not regg simply McDoweally.tel ?
Its more friendly than "taxpros".
If TAXPROS was an international business, taxpros.tel will be fine.

•••
I only have a couple of .tel domains, but I've been doing some research on the telnic site, and I think it's the differences from other TLDs that makes this so groundbreaking...I am concentrating on domains that really "fit" the extension....

•••
tel-buy.com, keep the name calling out of it please.

•••
I agree with this above comment.
Why not regg simply McDoweally.tel ?
Its more friendly than "taxpros".
If TAXPROS was an international business, taxpros.tel will be fine.

Probably because 9 out of 10 people wouldn't spell it right 30 seconds after they saw it.

It's horrible to remember or re-produce later from memory ! :-/

International ? What's that got to do with anything ? Friendly ? Like Mr. Rogers or something ?:bah:

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

--
OR It says:
--

NOT a fact proven everyday by successful companies who don't employ you thankfully :'(

You are 100% correct if the company is scared of too many calls in response, or is trying to limit business !:hehe:

•••
I just noticed something about certain .tel domains... Google must like them, the pagerank of Hotels.tel is a 5.......That, to me, is a VERY high PR at this stage of the game, considering the very short life of this particular domain...

Consider that Hotels.com has a PR of 7 , BUT the site has a reg history dating back to 1994, and there are almost 25 million sites that link back to it......Yes, a 7 is much higher than a 5, but all other things being equal, to me, the ranking of Hotels.tel is much more impressive....

The link pop according to the PR checker for Hotels.tel is only 4...... It's almost hard to believe the PR is so high for Hotels.tel, while Celebrity.tel also has a PR 5... Celebrity.com is also a PR 5, but there are over 12,000 backlinks, and the domain was regged in 1998, so it looks like Celebrity.tel leads the .com version in rankings, since it's a MUCH younger domain, only a few months old....

For anyone who has knowledge of Pageranks, these rankings are VERY high in such a short time, and with so few backlinks...It looks to me like google is going to really like .tel sites....

Last edited:
•••
I registered my 2nd .tel domain today.... I registered LiveHelp.tel..... I think it fits the extension well... I like the look and sound of it...
Solid! :gn:
Nice to see some good scores still happening :D

•••
Could you please let us know what Affiliate Program is this?

IMHO, it is phonerevenue dot com, adult phone aff program. I got the same mail for some of my adult .tels. Don't be very excited about it, there is thousands of adult aff programs out there, and everyone who is in this bussines knows how hard is these days to monetize it.

•••
IMHO, it is phonerevenue dot com, adult phone aff program.

Thanks for the info Matt! Well, I'll wait for CJ and LinkShare "Pay Per Call" Affiliate Programs based on RingRevenue platform ...

•••
Last edited:
•••
were can i find info/pictures of the last
telcamp

•••
•••
Thanks for the info Matt! Well, I'll wait for CJ and LinkShare "Pay Per Call" Affiliate Programs based on RingRevenue platform ...
"pay per call" only gets 166,000 results from google, where as " Pay By Phone " gets 5,930,00 results,...
pbp.tel is for lease or make offer :):bingo::kickass:
one of my first dot tel

•••
TelCamp Toronto Resources i first looked a dot tel for a video?
i was interest in the meeting but i feel it was very poorly shared with the internet comunity who were unable to go.

•••
Is .tel related only to telecom and communication websites or can anyone register this extension?

•••
•••
My latest .tel reg is Techies.tel

Techies is taken in every meaningful ext, I think this could be used for some sort of directory for Tech sites, and tech services....

My take on .tel is either this extension will be VERY big in the next 3-5 years, or it'll be just another failed TLD, don't see much middle ground here.... But, the differences from the others is what might set this ext apart....Seems ideal for mobile phone applications, and computing on the go....

Last edited:
•••
.tel on Bido

Ooh, bido.com are auctioning a .tel domain today (their first?)

federal.tel

It's not mine in case you wondered.

•••
I don't think it'll do too well, I don't think the timing is right for selling .tel domains, although to me, it's a great name, fits the ext....It'll be interesting to see though...

Ooh, bido.com are auctioning a .tel domain today (their first?)

federal.tel

It's not mine in case you wondered.

•••
My thouhgts on the .Tel Top Domain

Well, I did post in this thread, somewhere.

I will exlpain my opinion now, today.

This top level domain will get nowhere "soon" unless
they somewhat reinvent their wheels.

Their idea is more than decent, dollar wise.

But they has to
work out a better plan, so we get real use for our domains.

If they wanted it like a yellow pages clone. Then we must have one big database
and no else than this.

At this moment they have done a
poor job.

Well, why Johan?

Look at their web pages.

It's an good idea to get a static page for every
tel. domain, it brings trust and autentic feelings, and builds a brand.

But they must have hired the poorest designers team to manage
their design
: hotel.tel

why this clumpsy design, and on the right side?

Potentials are there. But with this design, I will be surprised
somebody will spend 1-2 seconds on any tel domain.

It's just too plain, ugly. Too dark, and too wrong.

They has to come up with something better. A "redline through
their marketing & design.

Their authentic idea, brilliant. But execution of it.

Poor.

It's terrible. Black Bacground? It's something inbetween
black and gray???

If they change, design and put in high gear.

I will consider to get my own Tel.domains

Max-Johan Säwsten

P.S. If the company behind tel only have 1 million only in their assets.

Spend it all on new web design and web site dynamics.

edited: For now I will stick to CCtlds, and .Com.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting.

Maxjohan, I belive the design you are talking of is actually coming from the .tel proxy which is used to desplay .tel on the internet. Likewise it has a more simplitic look on the Iphone using a .tel app.
Lets be honest if the information is there thats what is important in a directory.

On a more interesting note Prague.tel has been released. And getting press

Here

•••
Well, all I care about is the fact that Hotels.tel has the same basic design like they all do, and it has a Pagerank of 5....

And celebrity.tel has a 5 also, very impressive....Google must like the sites, that's more important to me than the design.....This is a very high PR for such young sites, with so few backlinks... Somebody is doing something right....

BTW, nice story on Prague.tel....Thanks for posting...

Last edited:
•••
My take on .tel is either this extension will be VERY big in the next 3-5 years, or it'll be just another failed TLD, don't see much middle groud here.... But, the differences from the others is what might set this ext apart....Seems ideal for mobile phone applications, and computing on the go....

yep. that's my reading of it.

stay the course, and time will tell.

•••
Is it more important to you than making money

And celebrity.tel has a 5 also, very impressive....Google must like the sites, that's more important to me than the design.....

Well, goodlook everybody with Tel, domains, I wouldn't mind hearing conversions on .tel web properties.

How do calls and actions, in what frame for every new 100 visitors? From SEO's?

Well it's called ROI-

mjbenterprises: Do you own celeberity.tel?

Last edited:
•••
Is it more important to you than making money

Well, goodlook everybody with Tel, domains, I wouldn't mind hearing conversions on .tel web properties.

How do calls and actions, in what frame for every new 100 visitors? From SEO's?

Well it's called ROI-

mjbenterprises: Do you own celeberity.tel?

No, I don't own Celebrity.tel... But I am impressed with the early rankings of these domains....I only own a few .tel domains, but I see why people are excited about them....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back