NameSilo

The reason domainers are hated worldwide, on the web.

Spaceship
Watch

moale

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Brad pretty much nailed this, I agree

Disagree with domain investors being hated worldwide @moale, bit extreme. This is a business, companies pay what they're willing to pay. I'm not really the type to shed a tear for capitalism, that's just how it is. If an investor is able to maximise their ROI, good on them
Man, I'm not trying to be rude. I work in the adult industry, we are hated too lol I'm just calling a spade a spade. This has gotten more and more annoying with time, the hoarding, the extreme pricing, it's insane.
Last night, a lame 2 word .co domain that would be good for a little seo project I'm doing, I offered $750 for it, the seller responds with $5k I was so turned off that I said nevermind. He came back and accepted and it was too late. His greed already cost him $750 for a 2 year old regfee domain.

•••
My envy? I am invited to tables at private shut off 5 star restaurants in the Bellagio by billionaire network owners. I've made it to the top, I am jealous of no man, I am annoyed at greed and unintelligent hoarders. I'm not rich, I'm up, I'm down, it's a down time but I still probably earned more than 99% of this forum yesterday while I slept.

I am lucky that I rarely experience jealousy in life, I am thankful for that.
connect.com - that's a cool name, 10m that's awesome, I'm not against that at all. I'm annoyed some douche holding 10k llll.coms and being able to demand 50k each.
wow...because someone is holding 10k domains you call him a douche
in this context 50k seems reasonable for esva ... lol :xf.smile:

•••
The person you're calling lazy might disagree...

On a personal level, I agree. Forum spats should roll off us like water. But on a community level, it's important to remember that we're all human, and most of us are here to learn, support, and be supported in pursuit of a more-or-less common goal.
To be fair you do a lot of emotional flapping around, without much technical substance to expand technical knowledge. Might want to analyse that mate? Sorry if that sounds grossly offensive, dear.

•••
wow...because someone is holding 10k domains you call him a douche
in this context 50k seems reasonable for esva ... lol :xf.smile:

In what context? The Eastern Shore of Virginia is statistically one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the United States, it is literally the definition of a "no man's land".

•••
Man, I'm not trying to be rude. I work in the adult industry, we are hated too lol I'm just calling a spade a spade. This has gotten more and more annoying with time, the hoarding, the extreme pricing, it's insane.
Last night, a lame 2 word .co domain that would be good for a little seo project I'm doing, I offered $750 for it, the seller responds with $5k I was so turned off that I said nevermind. He came back and accepted and it was too late. His greed already cost him $750 for a 2 year old regfee domain.
Yeah, well his loss I guess.

That is how capitalism works. He asked too much, you moved on to other options.

People ask inflated prices in every field. Supply and demand takes care of it.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
This is basically the b1tching thread where everybody gets everything off their chest that's bugging them. Ok, here's my bug bear. Wasps. (Did you see what I did there? Bug bear/wasps haha :ROFL:or:unsure:?). Bees, I get that. Wasps, hell no.

Last edited:
•••
In what context? The Eastern Shore of Virginia is statistically one of the poorest and most depressed areas of the United States, it is literally the definition of a "no man's land".
There are 97 corporates worldwide which use esva in the corporate name

•••
To be fair you do a lot of emotional flapping around, without much technical substance to expand technical knowledge. Might want to analyse that mate? Sorry if that sounds grossly offensive, dear.

Why speak about technical things here? What is the point we are discussing greed, human nature and domaining.

What do you want to hear? How I can code an entire project from front to backend from a blank txt file or how I can automate any human behavior in the world with selenium, requests etc.? How I can reverse any app in the world with Charles via man in the middle attacks? I mean what do you want to talk about? I did not claim to be king nerd. Fall back.

I can write a script in python to carry on the rest of my conversation in this thread. Can you?

Last edited:
•••
•••
There are 97 corporates worldwide which use esva in the corporate name

Yeah, while I would not pay it, I don't think it really is some crazy asking price.

There appears to be plenty of potential end users from companies to tourism where the domain would be a massive upgrade.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Nah, you're not being rude. I can sympathize with you. That's his fault. People learn from their mistakes, and yes greed or inexperience can be a factor. They simply want to maximise their ROI. If people get a bite they'll sometimes reach for the skies, and then mess up. Losing you as a customer may plant a seed in his / her head for next time

•••
If calling people out for being a douche is emotional flapping around, then I'm definitely guilty! :)

I've been on here for six years and I think I've contributed some pretty useful content. No worries if you disagree. I'm sure you did your research before reaching this conclusion.

•••
•••
I'm sure you did your research before reaching this conclusion.
Didn't do any research, just drank beer and burped. You are all so successful and smart. It makes me miss @Daniel Owens so much more. The love of my life. The greatest A+++++ domainer ever. Highly recommend.
Why speak about technical things here? What is the point we are discussing greed, human nature and domaining.

What do you want to hear? How I can code an entire project from front to backend from a blank txt file or how I can automate any human behavior in the world with selenium, requests etc.? How I can reverse any app in the world with Charles via man in the middle attacks? I mean what do you want to talk about? I did not claim to be king nerd. Fall back.

I can write a script in python to carry on the rest of my conversation in this thread. Can you?
If you're so smart why aren't you chilling on your yacht with ladies either side, instead of getting irate on a forum about human nature, which as we all know is probably the most destructive force in the history of time? That's my point.

•••
Didn't do any research, just drank beer and burped. You are all so successful and smart. It makes me miss @Daniel Owens so much more. The love of my life. The greatest A+++++ domainer ever. Highly recommend.

If you're so smart why aren't you chilling on your yacht with ladies either side, instead of getting irate on a forum about human nature, which as we all know is probably the most destructive force in the history of time? That's my point.
Bro I'm literally living next door to John Berhnthal, endless Baltimore Ravens and Orioles, this is my yacht. Kevin Spacey live across the street. I'm actually looking at a yact in the harbor as I type this. If you want me to flex I will win, but will admit that I'm still not wealthy at the moment.

I am absolutely done responding to this nonsense, you all have wasted enough of my time.

Last edited:
•••
Bro I'm literally living next door to John Berhnthal, endless Baltimore Ravens and Orioles, this is my yacht. I'm actually looking at a yact in the harbor as I type this.

I am absolutely done responding to this nonsense, you all have wasted enough of my time.
To be fair I love your energy, which redirected could make you incredibly successful (when you've not been drinking or taking narcotics). Come back soon. Namepros needs your energy! See you in chat

•••
To be fair I love your energy, which redirected could make you incredibly successful (when you've not been drinking or taking narcotics). Come back soon. Namepros needs your energy! See you in
Thanks. You have a good day.

•••
That was a firestorm thread. 67 replies in less than 60 minutes. Woo wee it's fun here!

•••
I'm not sure if you all know, (well some of you do) those of you whom have surpassed the stage of just being a domainer and developed, monetized and done real business online through whatever space, niche, or platform you are working on.

Do you know what it takes to develop a domain and make it a success? It takes years of failure, it takes learning front and backend web development (in my case), it takes trying 100s of new ideas and failing for over a decade before finally making it work.

What do you all do? You buy cheap, hoard and sell astronomically high. You are despised amongst just about every marketing circle, development community and well, the entire internet in general. I mean really, people hate domainers. I'm not sure some of you know this so let it be known - you are not loved on this internet.

And due to your greed, and the greed of registrars, you have contributed to the dilution of the domain game by causing registrars to come out with 100000000 new tld's so the average Joe can stand a chance at having a unique web property and not have to pay a company like hugedomains 20k for handjob123.com

That's all, I think most of you have lost your minds, I think that most of you are greedy and that a large majority of you could NEVER cut it with marketing, development or design hence why you rely on such basic tactics of monetization to survive.
Are you the same azzh0le that posted this a few weeks ago ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'll take being envied and self-employed, over running on the hamster wheel non-stop for narcissistic pricks any day.

Amen!

•••
Enjoy your $5.00 day from ppc parked pages
Hi

$5 a day earnings from a 100 > 200 domain portfolio of .coms,
would practically pay for the renewal cost of the list.

scale it up and that passive income ain't so bad and that's not including any selling opportunities.

it's not a matter of how much you're making more than me or whether it's in reverse.
but that money is being made, the way some prefer to make it.

imo...

•••
At the end of the day, I am mostly better than all of you at making money online.

I dedicated a lifetime to be able to say that. Nothing any of you say much matters to me.

•••
I wonder if Jon Bernthal goes to acting schools and flexes on being better than all the students at making money through acting. :)

•••
I wonder if Jon Bernthal goes to acting schools and flexes on being better than all the students at making money through acting. :)
ill ask him

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back